Evening munchie

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kellymundy, 26 February 2008 Social URL.

1. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I sware last night I could have eaten my own hand (if it tasted like cheese and onion crisps) I wanted something to munch infront of the box!
    I've been on SS of 9 days now and I've never had the desire to snack so badly. I up my water intake and even tried to see if I could curb it with peppermint tea but nothing could stop me wanted to raid the fridge! I ended up going to bed (and hiding under the covers) just to put a stop to my mysery!
    How do you all deal with it when it gets that bad?:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hopefully it does'nt get like that very often, its happened to me about 6 times so far which is'nt that bad seeing how i'm on my 8th week. You did the right thing and i bet you feel really good today that you did'nt give in to temptation. Keep up the good work it is so worth it. x x x

4. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I used to do exactly what you did! I found I only had odd days like that and once I'd been on the diet for about 3 weeks, these days got fewer and fewer, and the cravings got so much easier to bear.

Well done for not giving in you handled it brilliantly:):):)

Tracey
    x

5. Heffa

Heffa Full Member

I've been doing SS now for 6 weeks including 1 week of AAM. I've had a couple of times when I've been so hungry it felt like physical pain. I knew I'd never sleep so I had half a bar chopped up into tiny pieces and had it with a big cup of coffee. I kept the other half for if I felt like that again. I figured it was better than raiding the fridge and cocking up my diet.
    x

6. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge

It'll pass in a couple of days - I felt like it, I remember going to bed hungry and waking up hungry but it went before the end of the week... I had long soaks in the bath and very very early nights that week ;)

7. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thing is I wasn't actually hungry at all, I just wanted something to pick at while I was watching the telly. I was thinking about using an extra pack and making it into crisps but I didn't know how much that would effect my diet and calorie intake for the day.

8. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Its probably more about breaking the habit of nibbling infront of the box hun - I know that I used to glugg wine and nibble cheese.... Er well I say nibble, more like stuff my face with the bloody stuff :eek::eek::eek:.... xxxxxxx

9. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wasn't even wanting something unhealthy which made it even worse. We've got a huge bunch of grapes sat in the fruit bowl at the moment (for the littun) and they were just calling to me! Lol

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

looking at this positively - you have the same habit as me.... evenings are my weak point and where I habitually have eaten too much in the past. You broke this habit when it felt like it was everything to eat something - you showed yourself that you don't need to eat something in the evening in front of the telly. Your mind and body will record that information and it will get easier and easier to avoid falling into that learned habitual pattern. You now know, the world keeps turning if you don't eat in front of the telly. I bet right now, you dont' really know what it was that made it seem so necessary to eat last night. Am I right? That's because it is nothing but a habit. They take awhile to break but they can be broken.

Good luck and well done.

11. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes, thats right - evenings and weekends are my weakest point.... Glugg the wine, stay in stuff my face and hide from the world! xx

12. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Evenings and weekends worse for me too. I think you did so well resisting temptation. I have never actually been hungry in 7 weeks doing this, but have had days when all I wanted to do was eat. I stayed up in my bedroom watching tv to try and pass the time, or have been on here as time flies when I am on here. I snack in front of the TV, and am trying to make sure I don;t have too much left to have at nights after my tea so I can try and get out of the habit. Is is true it takes 21 days to change a habit?

13. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    They say you have to follow things 30 times for it to become a trigger in your brain.... So 30 bottles of wine later - I was a class act :eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes bobbin, that is what i've always heard about the habit chaning ... 21 days

15. Angelchops

Angelchops Full Member

Evenings are the hardest time for me too, but I get round this by having two packs - the other I have at 2ish. Soup, followed by a frozen tetra (which takes forever to eat). I don't know if its slowing my weight loss down a bit, but ive lost 103lbs in 23 weeks, so its not much.

16. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

at the end of this week you can introduce bars, if you find you are s nacker late nights put your bar in fridge and then cut into small pieces so you have something to graze on in the evenigns, if you have choco orange one with big cup of coffee and suck chocolate off its lovelllyyyy lol

julesrush
    cdc norwich

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.