Evening Munchies

feeb

Are Killing me!! i am doing so well during the day, stopping myself from eating loads even if i am quite hungry, i think its a mental thing, i KNOW i will have a meal in X amount of hours and managed to 'hold off' until i do. At night its a real problem though, literally as soon as i have put down my plate, i am thinking about food again, Last night i had a cup of Horlicks that i probably shouldnt have had, and tried to mask the knawing need for munchies with cups of tea.

i'm new to this whole regimented diet thing so i know there is going to be some mental struggles while my body adjusts to it all. but can anyone reccomend anything that might get rid of this constant nag!

any advice greatly recieved!

Hiya. I know what you mean. If I am out of the house all day I don't eat a quarter as much as if I was at home all day (I must be a boredom eater lol) but then make up for it when I get home! :rolleyes: I think it's because I have more to do and just sit watching tv when I get in. I keep meaning to try distractions like painting my nails, phoning a mate, reading a book/mag or having a nice bubble bath, or take the dog out for a quick walk. Sodoku and cross-stitch are meant to be good too but I can't do things like that, wish I could knit! Good luck.:)

at the moment i am just trying to resist as much as possible but also making sure i have a lot of fruit saved up in my calorie plan to eat throughout the evening. So at least i am going for fruit rather than the usual choccy and biscuits that i have let myself get used to!

just wondered if there was a magic tea or something!! Wishful thinking!

Hi Feeb...don't know what diet plan you are following but what about sugar free jelly?? Its my saviour in the evening....that and I've bought a treadmill to go on while watching the tv at night - can't eat and walk at the same time!!

Evenings are my biggest nightmare....boredom...habit....

good luck!
Marie
x

Hi

Evenings are a nightmare for me too, its my comfort eating time. You could try brushing your teeth when you feel the urge to eat something, that can help. Failing that try and eat healthy things like fruit, carrot sticks etc. Or even a bag of Walkers French Fries you get loads in them so can make them last ages and they are very low fat too.

HTH

Evenings are killing me too! Currently I think my best option is going to bed at bout 6 o'clock in the evening!! xxx

Back