Evenings are evil :(

Loser85

Gold Member
I'm fine during the day and stick to my points. Come evening though it seems i forget the whole day and want to eat everything in site regardless of points available. I usually have 3 or 4 left so can have a hot choc and a nibbly. Why cant i keep to this? I feel guilty as hell afterwards too. Any insight would be brill. :(

think its habit hun. Do you read / have anything you can distract yourself with? I've filled myself with half a jar of pickled onions and holed myself up on here for the night to try and stop myself eating anymore.. i know its hard but its defo doable if you put your mind to it :) xxx

I'm the same. Evenings are terrible. I'm so good throughout the day and then I wind up over-eating on an evening. It's a really bad habit - but that's what it is... a habit. One a lot of us have to break! You're definitely not alone on this one!

Maybe try to keep yourself busy on an evening, don't just sit in front of the TV munching... if all else fails amuse yourself on Minimins!!! And remember how good it feels to be virtuous when you've stuck to your points.

Good luck!

I see your point regarding the habit thing. The signs are there now its been said. Most of the time im not hungry either which makes it worse. Ill maybe have to buy some 0 point jelly, that way i still get to nibble.

Hi is the evenings stressful,do you think about things that are emotional that make you want to comfort eat ,or bordum thast what I used to do eat as I was lonely and bored?
It takes time to relearn habits we had for along time so just do what you can to get through it as they can pass,I have green tea with a splash of milk and it fills me up sugar free jelly is good 0 points and 0 point soup,or packets of wotsits 1.5 points they are a good nibble ?Have you got a wii? Thats fun and exercise that can help
I just keep firmly in my head how I will feel weigh in day when I want to eat what I shouldnt so far its kept me on track hun xx

I'm completely the same, I think it stems from the fact that I used to always gorge on chocolate and crisps on a night when I was in my room. It really is a hard thing to break.

Hello! I completely agree - evenings are evil! I find myself strangely drawn to the cupboard where I used to keep my chocolate stash even though I know there is nothing in it!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

If it's in the evening i either come online and watch random tv progs or im in my room reading or watching a dvd... i usually get ready for bed and brush teeth so i know not to eat lol :)

Ill try anything and everything to break it. I think its because its once my little girls in bed i have the chance to come online in peace. This was when id have take aways etc. Its no good for the pocket either now. Im tempted to try a week cold turkey just to see how i go. Might be what i need.

I tend to snack on ice lollies of an evening (while it's been so hot anyway), Some are only 1 point, I take my time eating them so after I wont want anything else.

Have you tried planning your day differently? if you are Ok in the day time perhaps you could go easy on the points for breakfast and lunch say have a quarter of your points at each of those meals. It will then leave you half your points for the evening. Make sure your evening meal is packed with veggies and then when you want to snack do it consciously i.e do nothing else whilst eating your treat. You may then question whether it is a treat at all. I have stopped snacking whilst on the computer.I allow myself a cuppa and nothing else. Good luck x

hi i totally agree evenings are terrible for me so much so ive just been downstairs and made myself a jam and cheese sandwich was lovely and dont even feel bad about it i need to get out of the habit of taking food upstairs its not good,
blackwidow u mentioned reading i adore reading but havent for a long time so i think i'll pop to the library this week and get some books thank you for that idea.

Maybe setting some ground rules would be best. Like saying i can have my hot chocolate and an asda bubbly bar but thats it. See if i can re train my brain lol. Maybe once this sets in itll replace old habits? Hope so!

It's about finding out what works for you... something will. Just keep at it!

omg i'm exactly the same!..i agree evenings are evil, especially when my hubby keeps buying such yummy naughty food to eat. But past 2 weeks i have been quite good,when i get an urge for cake lol, i down a large glass of water and that fills me up. x

Back