Ever Decreasing Katy

I'm in a nibbley mood...and have been acting as counsellor to a friend that is breaking up with his girl friend...so feel the need of something to cheer me up...

Looks like its more black coffee...

Ate quite a bit yesterday in the end. if i was just doing sw then it would be ok as i just ate fruit...but because i am trying to also keep track of my calories the fruit pushed me over.

Still never mind...today is another day. Mind you...friend still in need of my counselling skills so may be pushed to food again by the end of the day!

KT
Xxx

Struggling a bit today...had a very difficult long telephone conversation with my friend this morning and am now waiting on a visit to help him put back together the pieces of his life. But the whole thing is getting me a bit stressed and i turn to food when that happens.

Trying hard to be good still but its difficult.

KT
Xxx

As i suspected...today was a toughie. But although i have indulged a little...not as much as i might otherwise have done had i not been conscious of calories and SW principles.

So, tomorrow is a new day and i am determined to keep on with it and get rid of this excess weight.

KT
Xxx

Ok here we are...week 2 of more resolve less fannying around. This is what today looks like:

Breakfast: 3plums, banana
2nd breakfast...after cycling 5 miles to work: porridge made with water

Mid morning snack: apple

Lunch: tortilla wrap with laughing cow cheese and salad, chunks of cucumber and some cherry toms. Fat free yogurt

Mid afternoon snack: pear

Cycle home from work...5 miles

Dinner: spaghetti bolognese, fat free yogurt

Evening BMF session

Post exercise snack: Velvet Crunch packet.

That's all looking ok i think..3 days like that and i'll be ready for my weigh in...

KT
Xxx

I *think* this week is going ok...there have been a few days when i have gone over my calorie allowance but hopefully i should still have a weight loss tomorrow.

I did the Race 4 Life yesterday. I was rubbish. I don't know whether it was because it was off-road on grass and was therefore uneven ground, or the fact that it was muggy and i was too hot, but i was really slow and struggled to get round without stopping. I wanted to run faster than last year but i didn't...only managing 29 mins. I was gutted at the time but now am ok with it...it is a charity race and i raised money for a good cause by doing it.

But now i am definitely thinking of doing the London marathon next year...if i can get a charity place...

KT
Xxx

Weigh in tomorrow...I definitely FEEL as if i have lost weight...but not sure if i actually have.

Xxx

Bloody hell...somehow i have managed to put on weight...

But, i think this is one of those situations where the scales are not reflecting reality. i definitely FEEL like i have lost weight and my clothes are fitting better so i don't think this is just psychological. i think maybe i am just holding some water today.

However it has made me think about all the little things i have had extra over the last week. Not tons and tons and not really that bad but they all add up and i have probably not been recording things as well as when i started again two weeks ago. So i am going to crack back down and not cheat myself.

I am not feeling bad about the weigh in as i don't think it accurately reflects my actual weight i am just using it as a heads up that i can't be too flippant.

KT
Xxx

Feeling quite fed up this evening which is making me want to eat. But i have eaten all of my calories for the day so can't have anything else. so bed instead hopefully i will wake up tomorrow feeling less fed up and more ready for the day.

Went out last night with friends to the pub and although i only had one diet coke and a slimline tonic i still got the munchies and needed a couple of crackerbread by the time i got home. don't know what syns they are but can't be much...19 calories each so maybe one syn per cracker?

Its girlie time for me and i feel ****...washed out, depressed and oh so grumpy. Its at times like this when i just think oh what's the point...

:-(

KT
Xxx

Have decided to switch my weigh in day to a Saturday morning as i think it will help me stay on track for more days.

Had lots of naughty things today but hey only one day...i am planning on a long run tomorrow.

KT
Xxx

Loving the weather...

Ah yes...its all gone a bit wrong recently. Starting again tomorrow.

On the plus side...i have left work and am technically unemployed. No stress there then...!

Oh my goodness me, I had totally forgotten about posting here - which may be why I haven't really been that good lately. But the good news is that I have now moved house, am beginning to get ready for the start of my new course and have managed nearly a week...well 5 days...of being totally on plan and doing exercise. I know I say this whenever I go wrong and come back to it but I really am determined this time to get back down to my goal weight.

I am going to be a Saturday weigher - so tomorrow will be the day of truth - how much have i put on and therefore how much have i got to lose to get me back down to 10 stone. I will be happy if i have not gone above 11 and a half stone. I will be gutted and frankly horrified if i have gone above 11 and a half.

I have signed up for my next 10k race which is on 28th October, and the training plan for that starts on Monday. It is my intention then to keep up with the running at 10k level for the few months after that until xmas and then from the start of the new year to begin a training plan for a marathon. I have no idea whether i am going to be able to do both a PGCE course and train for a marathon at the same time, but I am going to go into it with that intention and if it turns out the work from Uni is too much then i will scale down the training to a half marathon and aim for a marathon later in the year, when i can do the training during the late summer 2013.

So i am basically following a roughly slimming world plan - green days only as i am veggie (thats another thing that i have re-committed too since moving - i used to be veggie, lapsed when i did the Cambridge Diet, but now feel ready to recommit), but with a bit of calorie counting in there as well as I tend to end up overeating on fruit and i dont think that is good - not as bad as overeating on crisps cake and sweets i realise, but the calories in fruit soon mount up.

So I will be trying to stick to 1200 calories after exercise - and using My Fitness Pal to record the food and the exercise I am doing. I have done this for the last 5 days and its going ok so far.

That's me any way...anyone remember me?!

Katy
xx

Last edited:

On the right track now.

KT
Xxx

So the week is going ok. I am getting into a routine which is what i really needed and am getting back to the exercise. Only bugger is that i have got quite a lot of lower back pain...not sure what that is about. Might get a massage see if that helps.

KT
Xxx

Well done on getting back on the wagon KT. Good luck at uni and hope your back pain eases.

I feel like i am having a good week...so far 4 days of not going over calories and doing all the planned exercise. I know its only 4 days but i feel quite confident...

Hmmm...only 1 pound off today. Still its better coming off than going on.

I wonder whether i am eating enough? I have been trying not to go above 1200 calories...which seems like a decent figure to aim for.

Oh well...will try again this week and see how it goes. If i don't lose much again i might play around with calories a bit as i am doing a fair bit of exercise.

KT
Xxx

Back