Ever Think You've Been On Too Many Diets??

Lanarkwitch

Gold Member
Chatting with DH earlier I was trying to explain the key points of JUDDD, and realised that for the last 20 years I've either been on a diet, just abandoned one or just starting one.

And so I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to eat on UP days!!

Feeling slightly pathetic at having this "problem"

What do you guys do on your UP days?

Whatever I want :) Porridge for breakfast, sandwich or jackets for lunch and pasta or stir fry for tea. And if I fancy a treat ..... I enjoy it :-D

I was supposed to have an UD today but realised I've only had 492 calories all day so not sure what to do now. I can't eat up to 2,000 between now and the start of the DD.( in 1.5 hours cos I do 10 pm to 10pm) Might have to try for an UD tomorrow and class this as a DD but since my first one ( when I came in at just under 2,000 calories) I haven't been hungry. I fancied a treat tonight but had a look at the calories in the treats I wanted and decided not to bother so 492 it is. I find it hard to let go of the can't have mentality on UD but I've only been on it a few days so I'm hoping I will get better at letting go of the worry over UD food. I think I will always eat low calorie food on UD with one or two treats unless I 'm going out for meal or I m confident it's working. I haven't had a WI yet so don't know but feel fatter but that could just be me :)

Chatting with DH earlier I was trying to explain the key points of JUDDD, and realised that for the last 20 years I've either been on a diet, just abandoned one or just starting one.

And so I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to eat on UP days!!

Feeling slightly pathetic at having this "problem"

What do you guys do on your UP days?

Lol, I told DH last night I was gonna give JUDDD a try, a week after telling him I was trying slim and save, luckily hadn't told many others about s&s or would have felt completely barmy!

I've done: ww, exante, celeb slim, atkins, tesco shakes, slimfast, slimming world, low fat, low carb, "healthy eating", calorie counting, the spike diet (variation of calorie counting) and the EXERCISE&ICANEATWHATIWANTDIET (which by the way failed)

Weightwatchers was the beginning, managed to stick on it for about 2/3 months solid, got down to about 16 stone, then gave up (coincidentally not long after I stopped smoking) piled on 4 stone. Been up and down between 20 stone and 18 for the past 5 years.

Yeah I was really ropey at the start of JUDDD. I pretty much just ate whatever fell in front of me! But I soon worked out the things I enjoyed, and also started liking normal healthy food! Things started to regulate insulin and appetite wise, and I no longer craved as much crap. When I think of the stuff I used to put away I'm actually ashamed!

I genuinely think all the dieting I did completely WARPED everything I knew about food. I was literally addicted to sweetner. Ate garbage all the time because I had insane cravings for junk. Sugar,salt,fat, and as much processed crap as I could get my hands on. I do have sugary and fatty things, because I enjoy them. I no longer have any sweetener in my diet, and a considerable drop in my salt intake.

It takes time, but stick with it, things WILL get into a nice even keel if you give it some time. You can't judge a diet from 2 or 3 weeks worth of results. Implement it into your life. Go with it. Change your life like I did. :)

I have been on quite a few diets in the past 10 years since I started to be overweight. I never really followed a plan of any sort though, I just made up my own a long the way (low cal and low carb mainly) and failed within the first 2 weeks or lost some then gained it back. The only diet plans I've ever followed are Atkins induction (not 100% though) in 2009 and Exante in 2011 and Slim and Save in 2012. JUDDD is the best one I've ever done though.

On an up day I eat whatever I fancy. Unfortunately I tend to lean more towards what is seen as unhealthy foods but am getting better with that.

Really appreciate the replies everyone as I am a little scared that the demonic presence that lives in my head will be trying to ring burger king for a delivery on my UP days.

I feel JUDDD is the way to go, I'm either a saint or a sinner diet wise and during the week I am pretty good at sticking to most things, hubs is a low carber and has been for years, but I don't enjoy meat so much and I'm tired of having to cook 2 different meals all the time, with JUDDD I can just adapt them a bit and have the same thing as he is.

I think I'll try and keep in mind some healthy eating options on UP days in the week and trust the process at the weekend. which is when we have some drinks and maybe a lunch out or a takeaway.

Totally take on board it might take few weeks to get in the swing of it, but I'm really encouraged by all your results, I am so sick of these massive swings in my weight as well. In a week I can see a swing of 6-9 pounds for no apparent reason, so hoping that keeping a food diary might help to identify whats causing that issue.

Onwards and up and downwards as they say LOL xxxxxxxxx

Lol, I told DH last night I was gonna give JUDDD a try, a week after telling him I was trying slim and save, luckily hadn't told many others about s&s or would have felt completely barmy!

Too funny I'm not long after a stint on S & M ( as I like to call it) myself!!

In the last year alone I've been on about 4 :( lol! I really want this to be it, & I think it will be especially as I have freedom and I don't feel like I'm dieting.. (even though my Mum was questioning "should you be eating that?" just cos I want to eat a healthy lifestyle...) Now I'm in my early twenties I don't wanna be someone always on the next big diet! I wanna concentrate on life hahaa.. I think JUDD is fantastic in that way I barely think about it

I do the same as Hannah too, low-carb (but I don't eat bread or grains anyway..) but if I go out for a meal or have a treat at the weekend I do :)! Calorie dense foods in the week on UD's and treats on my UD Saturdays.. ! :D

I was supposed to have an UD today but realised I've only had 492 calories all day so not sure what to do now. I can't eat up to 2,000 between now and the start of the DD.( in 1.5 hours cos I do 10 pm to 10pm) Might have to try for an UD tomorrow and class this as a DD but since my first one ( when I came in at just under 2,000 calories) I haven't been hungry. I fancied a treat tonight but had a look at the calories in the treats I wanted and decided not to bother so 492 it is. I find it hard to let go of the can't have mentality on UD but I've only been on it a few days so I'm hoping I will get better at letting go of the worry over UD food. I think I will always eat low calorie food on UD with one or two treats unless I 'm going out for meal or I m confident it's working. I haven't had a WI yet so don't know but feel fatter but that could just be me :)

Hate to say it but if you are not going to eat properly on your UD's you are following some other diet NOT JUDDD because that is the whole principal of the lifestyle!

Hate to say it but if you are not going to eat properly on your UD's you are following some other diet NOT JUDDD because that is the whole principal of the lifestyle!

Have just re read that section for the book Jilly and agree entirely, it's not about eating pizza on up days, it's eating healthily for the vast majority of the time and not restricting calories on UD's by eating until you are satisfied not stuffed.

I am going to sort out a plan for up days, but as I'm mostly veggie I find low carb plans just to restrictive and it's not a balanced diet that I think I could achieve the optimal health benefits of JUDDDing on. More research required me thinks!!

Back