Everyday's a SW day...take two! :)

hey gal ;)

well done on rejoining....it is hard, i travel out my way in the hope i don't see anyone i know! how daft is that! lol
imagine my horror when i joined the 1st time to discover the leader was someone i used to work with....ffs! lol

but we're all there for the same journey...well all share the same thoughts and feelings about our weight and if it helps keep us on the straight and narrow then we have to give it a bash eh ;)

right...the "mousse".....i saw it and thought it looked good but when i saw it had cottage cheese in it, i was thinking noooooooo! lol
i like cottage cheese but i was convinced there was no way it would work - just no way.

wrong!
i used a cheap, savers tub and blitzed it in...i couldn't taste the cottage cheese at all...just the flavour of the jelly! even my OH said it was ok! lol

i say, give it a bash, if you don't like it, then you've only wasted a tub of cottage cheese and a sachet of jelly crystals? if you do like it....then you might like it with some fruit for a wee change? it's protein too which always helps ;)
it's not got the usual texture of jelly, more of a bulky fluffed up texture (jeezo i'm not sure i'm selling this hehe) but it's def not got the usual mousse, light, almost invisible type texture....i won't pretend it has.

those ski things sound yum! but there's no way i'd use syns for them. i can barely bring myself to use 1 on the strawberry danios haha...i'm so tight eh....but in my book, they must be used on goodies ;)

i've not tried the quorn lasagne. i wouldn't syn them if i can make it myself (there's that tightness creeping in again :giggle: )
love love love the nuggets and the syn free beef style with red onion burgers, the peppered steaks are ok and other than those, chicken pieces and the mince, i've not really had much else....oh, their fat free sausages, i use them a lot

i bought a can of asda's cajun chicken recently that is free on EE and red so i'm gonna give that a try soon.
coming across free/low syn foods that are already prepared is a big deal sometimes - its like woo hooooo...i don't need to cook this all from scratch! lol x

Wow, you really have sold the cottage cheese mousse! I will indeed give it a go.

I see what you mean about syn wastage, I would rather waste mine on treats only occasionally, I would rather have a nice meal or snack for a few syns than have an ok syn free meal. I really like a bit of oil in my pasta dishes, so I will always put a smidge in there for example.

I like finding low syn ready meals too, but I can never remember them when I see them! I must arm myself with a list, the things is they are all over the different shops, Sainsburys for my BGTY sausage and now syn free burgers!, Asda for chickpea dahl, £1 store for batchelors beef rice, Tesco for extra lean mince, the list goes on. I might try that cajun chicken, although the thought of meat in a can makes me feel a little bleurrgh! I don't really do meat in a can, other than tuna or sardines (which is a fish!).

Again, I like my lasagnes but, they are not as saucy as the shop bought old styley ones, and no amount of yogurt or quark will ever darken my door to make a bechemel sauce! So I am more than happy to go for a low syn day for a high syn meal! In fact I may even give it a go on Friday night and not have Quorn Nuggets Chips and Beans!

I am exactly the same when it comes to getting stuff here and there....dements me at times :(

Please don't hate me if you don't like the mousse lol (would mick eat it if you didn't like it...don't tell him the ingredients tho)

Where do you get the lasagne? Are you gonna try one soon?

Not had it for a long time but I like the big one from lidl. It was recommended in a magazine years ago and it used to be the only one I'd get...I'm fussy and don't like them too rich, too runny or with wine in it so this one seemed perfect to me. Dunno what they're like now but I may have to schedule that in on my next "aff the rails" weekend! Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to butt in but you can get syn free burgers??? :eek: quorn/meat/meat free I don't mind, which are free??? Haha x

Yes, apparently in sainsburys at the minute In The fresh aisle they are doing fully fledged meaty quarter pounders, they have reduced fat written in blue on then and are evidently free. I heard (from my mums C, who coincidentally works in sainsburys) that they aren't around forever, once they're gone they're gone type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am exactly the same when it comes to getting stuff here and there....dements me at times :( Please don't hate me if you don't like the mousse lol (would mick eat it if you didn't like it...don't tell him the ingredients tho) Where do you get the lasagne? Are you gonna try one soon? Not had it for a long time but I like the big one from lidl. It was recommended in a magazine years ago and it used to be the only one I'd get...I'm fussy and don't like them too rich, too runny or with wine in it so this one seemed perfect to me. Dunno what they're like now but I may have to schedule that in on my next "aff the rails" weekend! Lol x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I won't hate you! No Mick probably wouldn't eat it. I reckon I will enjoy it to be honest, I imagine it to be more Angel Delight-y? Would that be a fair assumption?

It's a Quorn lassy so they will sell them in Tesco, there's an offer on Quorn products at the moment - I am going to try it on Friday I have decided! I am going to save a HEB and have two WW petit pains and make garlic bread and a side salad - ooh I am excited!!! Mick is out Friday night so I won't be judged on the size of the lasagne either - it's a big boy lemme tell you! It's totes a meal for two but if it's 10.5 for the whole lot, I'm aving it .... Large!

Wow, you are fussy, a bit like a version of goldilocks for Italians, not too runny not too rich!!

I will let you know what I think about it - that way you can have this one without you having a night off the rails! A decent full fat lassie and being well within syns!!!

Sorry to butt in but you can get syn free burgers??? :eek: quorn/meat/meat free I don't mind, which are free??? Haha x

the quorn burgers (beef style with sweet red onion) in a 2 pack in the fridge section are free.
think they're about £2.50 but on have price a lot in morrisons or £1 in asda sometimes ;)

i had one for dinner tonight...pic to follow :) x

I won't hate you! No Mick probably wouldn't eat it. I reckon I will enjoy it to be honest, I imagine it to be more Angel Delight-y? Would that be a fair assumption?

It's a Quorn lassy so they will sell them in Tesco, there's an offer on Quorn products at the moment - I am going to try it on Friday I have decided! I am going to save a HEB and have two WW petit pains and make garlic bread and a side salad - ooh I am excited!!! Mick is out Friday night so I won't be judged on the size of the lasagne either - it's a big boy lemme tell you! It's totes a meal for two but if it's 10.5 for the whole lot, I'm aving it .... Large!

Wow, you are fussy, a bit like a version of goldilocks for Italians, not too runny not too rich!!

I will let you know what I think about it - that way you can have this one without you having a night off the rails! A decent full fat lassie and being well within syns!!!

oh i didn't realise it was for 2...hmmm..syns might be worth it then??

i've seen a few people using the garlic frylight for garlic bread on IG...dunno what it's like but they seem to rate it?

angel delight/jelly is a bit more like it - i can't remember how thick angel delight goes....not had that in years!

i'll need to look out for this lasagne...i'm intrigued now!

have any of you had the "cold meat" they do? chicken and ham slices i think? often wondered if they were worth picking up?x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
carrot oats, raisins and banana

Snack:
egg wrap and a nectarine

Lunch:
mugshot, tangerine and a yog

Dinner:
quorn burger on wm roll with lettuce, cooked onions, cheese and some chips :drool:

HEb's:
oats
wm roll

HEa's:
milk in a cuppa and 20g cheese

Syns:
raisins - 1
mini malteser bunny - 3
popcorn - 2.5
space raiders - 3

9.5 for the day :D

Attachments

• image-293072542.jpg
    image-293072542.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-907646530.jpg
    image-907646530.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Food looking good today! I purchased some Quorn nuggets today. I'm excited to try them when I've got some syns back (haha) x

They are yummy...but there are 2 types which I only discovered recently...both the same looking bag, one says meat free and the other is chicken style I think...I didn't like the "meat free" ones as much and always make sure I get the other ones ;)

Hope you like them :) x

laura...i just found an old pic of the quorn nuggets when i was moaning about which ones i liked best...it's the meat free ones i get and not the chicken style :-/ x

oh i didn't realise it was for 2...hmmm..syns might be worth it then?? i've seen a few people using the garlic frylight for garlic bread on IG...dunno what it's like but they seem to rate it? angel delight/jelly is a bit more like it - i can't remember how thick angel delight goes....not had that in years! i'll need to look out for this lasagne...i'm intrigued now! have any of you had the "cold meat" they do? chicken and ham slices i think? often wondered if they were worth picking up?x

I heard about garlic frylite at the class last night. I don't really do frylite, I prefer Costco Canola Spray Oil. A few people said how nice it is, I may give if a go tho. I was going to just rub a clove up and down the petit pain and spray then fry?

I have never tried the cold cuts that Quorn do they always seem so unappetising. I did try the peppered steak and it was ok, but I wouldn't get it again I don't think.

DAY - GREEN Breakfast: carrot oats, raisins and banana Snack: egg wrap and a nectarine Lunch: mugshot, tangerine and a yog Dinner: quorn burger on wm roll with lettuce, cooked onions, cheese and some chips :drool: HEb's: oats wm roll HEa's: milk in a cuppa and 20g cheese Syns: raisins - 1 mini malteser bunny - 3 popcorn - 2.5 space raiders - 3 9.5 for the day :D

That's what j meant to ask, how many raisins do you get for 1 syn in your carrot porridge? And do you use milk?

Was going to give it a go xx

I heard about garlic frylite at the class last night. I don't really do frylite, I prefer Costco Canola Spray Oil. A few people said how nice it is, I may give if a go tho. I was going to just rub a clove up and down the petit pain and spray then fry?

I have never tried the cold cuts that Quorn do they always seem so unappetising. I did try the peppered steak and it was ok, but I wouldn't get it again I don't think.

That's what j meant to ask, how many raisins do you get for 1 syn in your carrot porridge? And do you use milk?

Was going to give it a go xx

i've not tried the garlic one either..but your idea might work too?
i've only recently bought lazy garlic to try...my god why did it take me so long to get this! a wee teaspoon instead of all that faffing about trying to chop a clove as tiny as possible (cos i don't have a crusher thing) and stinky fingers for a week...this is the future! lol

i dunno how many raisins it is but i'll count them the next time...it's under 10g cos 25g is 3.5 syns...most of the time i make the carrot oats and split it so i just syn 1...but it would be better with more (i love them) so if you didn't mind using the syns then 25g would be better...i don't have many :(

i mix the oats with the cinnamon and sweetener then the grated carrot and cos i make it in the pot, i use mostly water with a splash of milk....i haven't made it with just water or just milk so not sure which is best...it's always been a mixture of both to save my HEa?

i do love those oats...my OH looks at me like i'm on another planet when i dish it up for myself lol. my friend tried it with honey in hers before she ate it and said it was good...i'm not keen on honey tho so syrup would be a winner me thinks!x

right folks....i never really give anything away about my personal life on here cos i'm always paranoid someone i know might discover me lol, it's always just been about my food and i'm anonymous based on the fact only a few people know i've been following the plan.

anyway, i've never had a relationship with my dad, he left when i was younger, 2 attempts at contact over the years but i didn't embrace it and always plodded along thinking you never miss what you never had....i think i have been frightened to make contact or try to meet him incase i opened a whole can of worms and maybe unleashed some stuff that i didn't know i had buried inside?
i also knew that i might regret it if i found out something had happened to him and i hadn't gotten the chance to even see what he looks like (i only have pics from when i was a baby)

a few yrs ago, someone contacted me on fbook to say he thought i was his cousin, a few msgs later, i found out that he wasn't in touch with my dad, but i suppose the opportunity could've been there for me if i wanted to?
i left it at that...we weren't in touch after those few msgs and i didn't accept his friends request.

tonight, he emailed me to say that my dad had passed away this morning. i've never experienced anything like it...i hadn't even finished reading the mail and i was crying....i'm so shocked by my own reaction...i just didn't think i would feel how i do...my head is a mess :(
it was instant...my tears - i never expected to feel like this at all

i can't comprehend why i'm so upset over someone i didn't know...but i feel a bit like...well that'll be that then...no more opportunities if i even did want it?
and what about the funeral...do i go? i won't know a soul...will they know about me? will they think i'm right or wrong for going?
what do i say if someone knows who i am and i'm there surrounded by strangers?

i just don't know how i feel.

part of me wants to go...cos i'm curious about what he looked like - and you often get their pics on the hymn sheets etc....but i'm frightened of how it might make me feel?

are my tears cos the chance has been taken away from me? or cos no matter what, we have this biological bond no matter what the circumstances are??

my head is pounding...i'm just not sure if i can handle the potential stuff that could arise from the funeral?

part of me feels like why should i go?! i don't know if he spent his life thinking about me or wishing i was there or not...if i knew it might be easier.
i have so many things going thru my mind...things i've never questioned before and my head is pickled.
if i don't go...will i regret it? will i look out of place if i go - would anyone else be offended?
FFS...this is a minefield :(

i never ever go into detail about stuff like this but i just need to get it off my chest....my mum was great, shocked but felt for me and said she knew i'd feel like this and i'm going to have to tell my boss tomorrow...i'm assuming i'd be entitled to time for the funeral if i wanted to go - for a parent...relationship or not?? but sometimes we need someone to be impartial - does that make sense?x

Sorry to hear about this, it sounds like it's a really confusing time for you and there's some tricky choices to make. If you do decide to go to the funeral, is there anyone that can go with you to support you? You could go and see how you feel when you get there? I think there are different ways to say goodbye and pay your respects, and I hope you manage to find a way that feels right for you xxx

Thanks huni, it's all just pickled my head...
I'm not sure who could come, my OH won't get time off work so maybe my friend?
Think I'll just see how things go over the next few days before i decide properly?x

Oh Miss K! What a sad story, I am in tears just reading it.

Of course, its normal to cry over him even though you have never met - he is a part of you and you are a part of him. I guess they are tears of the "i will never know now how he truly felt about me". Its such a shock too, I bet.

Should you go to the funeral? Well, thats only something you should decide for yourself. You may have half brothers and sisters there, you will have a whole other side of family that you have never met - who can give you an insight into your father and who is was, how he felt about you...

The danger is that they may not know of your existence or they know of you but don't know that you know (if that makes sense) so your turning up at your father's funeral may be a bit raw for them at a time that's already raw....but then if you stay at the back of the church and just pay your respects... you do have every right to be there, he is a part of you.

I agree with Silvermoon, if you do go, go with some support, someone to help you through it.

I hope you are ok Miss - I wished I knew you so I could give you a big hug and lots of in person sympathy, its a very strange and raw time for you.

Do let us know what you decide.
xxxx

Oh Miss K! What a sad story, I am in tears just reading it.

Of course, its normal to cry over him even though you have never met - he is a part of you and you are a part of him. I guess they are tears of the "i will never know now how he truly felt about me". Its such a shock too, I bet.

Should you go to the funeral? Well, thats only something you should decide for yourself. You may have half brothers and sisters there, you will have a whole other side of family that you have never met - who can give you an insight into your father and who is was, how he felt about you...

The danger is that they may not know of your existence or they know of you but don't know that you know (if that makes sense) so your turning up at your father's funeral may be a bit raw for them at a time that's already raw....but then if you stay at the back of the church and just pay your respects... you do have every right to be there, he is a part of you.

I agree with Silvermoon, if you do go, go with some support, someone to help you through it.

I hope you are ok Miss - I wished I knew you so I could give you a big hug and lots of in person sympathy, its a very strange and raw time for you.

Do let us know what you decide.
xxxx

Thanks Charley...really, thanks

i didn't sleep well and my head's been pounding all day - you know what it's like.
i just have so many mixed emotions but i do think that maybe i should go...it's easier to live with "och i should've went" than the regret of not going?

i'll get a better chance to post on here later but just wanted to pop on to say thanks for responding...it seems easier being honest to a whole load of people you "don't know" than people who do know you.....who know what you are like and feel for you...or who are just used to seeing the usual jokey, mask on gal who's always there to advise everyone else!

hope your day is going good, not caught up on much yet but i will ;) x

Thanks Charley...really, thanks

i didn't sleep well and my head's been pounding all day - you know what it's like.
i just have so many mixed emotions but i do think that maybe i should go...it's easier to live with "och i should've went" than the regret of not going?

i'll get a better chance to post on here later but just wanted to pop on to say thanks for responding...it seems easier being honest to a whole load of people you "don't know" than people who do know you.....who know what you are like and feel for you...or who are just used to seeing the usual jokey, mask on gal who's always there to advise everyone else!

hope your day is going good, not caught up on much yet but i will ;) x

I think people who know you have the "right" more to tell you what they think you should do, because they know you. Its so much easier telling "strangers" than telling people you know. I had a real problem a couple of years ago that I could NOT tell my nearest and dearest - I told my colleagues at work and I mentioned it on here in a roundabout way (on an old diary) and its like a release...

We're here for you hen (a good Scottish term of endearment for you there!).

xx

I think people who know you have the "right" more to tell you what they think you should do, because they know you. Its so much easier telling "strangers" than telling people you know. I had a real problem a couple of years ago that I could NOT tell my nearest and dearest - I told my colleagues at work and I mentioned it on here in a roundabout way (on an old diary) and its like a release... We're here for you hen (a good Scottish term of endearment for you there!). xx

He he...it sure is dawl ;)

Aww that made me smile :D

How's your day been today?x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog and a slice of 1/2 syn roulade

Mid Morning Snack:
rice pudding with berries, banana and yog mixed in

Lunch:
egg mayo with spring onion & tomato sandwich
a pear and a nectarine

Dinner:
mac and cheese

HEb's:
60g wm bread
salted caramel hifi

HEa's:
milk in a cuppa and cheese at dinner time

Syns:
mayo - 1
hoops and crosses - 4
freddo - 5

10 for the day

well...it's weigh day for me tomorrow. 4 decent days on plan so at best...i should be hoping for a STS to balance what i ate after the gain i saw last week - any loss is a bonus but i need to realise a STS would still be a result!

fingers crossed...shall report back tomorrow ;) x

Attachments

• image-3789456136.jpg
    image-3789456136.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image-446114755.jpg
    image-446114755.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 32
Back