Everyday's a SW day :) x

Still doing well I see! Your food is always spot on x

Looks yummy! Can I ask what dahl loaf is though please? x

Still doing well I see! Your food is always spot on x

thanks Rochelle...x

Looks yummy! Can I ask what dahl loaf is though please? x

it's a packet of beef/curry savoury rice made up as normal, mix in a tin of chickpea dahl (i use asda's one), 2/3 eggs and bung it in the oven. it's yummy...especially if you can get it out the dish in one piece and not crumbling everywhere anyway lol x

Hmmm, might try a variation on that. I don't like beans, but thinking maybe a potato cake of some kind maybe ham and veg or something... Yummy! Love all these great ideas! Thank you ladies! X

I sumtimes make them wif finely chopped left over veggies in, a bit like a bubble n squeak kinda thing...delicious n cost effective! lol!

Aw I REALLY must get round 2 makin the dahl loaf, hopefully over the w/end. I'm convinced it'll b delicious along wif the carrot n lentil soup! :)

it is nice...but honestly, cooking it so that it's not soggy in the middle is one thing, then actually getting it out with the bottom in tact is another! lol.

i've just made roasted red pepper hummus for the first time. princess stevie gave me the recipe on here and it's def a keeper ;) x

it is nice...but honestly, cooking it so that it's not soggy in the middle is one thing, then actually getting it out with the bottom in tact is another! lol.

i've just made roasted red pepper hummus for the first time. princess stevie gave me the recipe on here and it's def a keeper ;) x

Oh that sounds nice 2! Cud I b cheeky n ask 4 the recipe pls hun? I'm gona ave 2 cook up a storm this w/end while Chris is at home cos the stockpile in my freezer is rapidly getting used up! loL! I'm gona make the chicken in mole sauce from the most recent SW mag wif chips 4 r T this evenin - I hope it's nice....

roast some red peppers in the oven with garlic & chilli ( i just used a grinder thing i have which is both of those together)
whizz a can of chick peas then the pepper when ready, add fromage frais, garlic granules and a squeeze of lemon juice if you want and that's it!

makes tons!

mines is more runny than i'd like but not too bad for my 1st attempt...although using a hand blender for the chickpeas was challenging lol

chicken in mole sauce?? never heard of it

do you think i could freeze the hummus...or not cos of the ff? x

It prob shudn't b freezeable cos of the fromage frais but if u ave loads of it then I'd freeze a small amount of it as an experiment! I hate the inconvenience of not bein able 2 freeze stuff! lol!

i know...i don't want to waste any!
i had planned a red day today but that got blown out the window when i made that lol.

can have some tomorrow but none after that if i do red on sunday and i'm not sure how long it'll keep?x

It'd prob keep 4 a couple of days sealed up in the fridge but I'd def do a freezer experiment wif it hun.

The mole sauce is a Mexican kinda thing - not sure wat it'll b like...

I always mess up red days by forgettin myself n eatin baked beans! lol! It's mad how much I'v gotten used 2 EE even tho when I started SW it was only red n green days....

well...what started off as a great day foodwise for me has ended up not! lol
popped into my friend's on our way home to get dinner and they had just ordered indian. we stayed for a gab but declined the invite to join them...one "5 mins more then we need to go" borrowed another and before i knew it we had all sat and had a good wee feed and a great catch up.

over in syns for the day but i've had 5 on average left every day all week and you know what, i had a good time.
can't take any of the food back now and let's face it, i've barely had a social life since starting the plan just so that i stay on plan!

this was real life and it was fun!

DAY - EE

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog

Lunch:
chicken subway salad - 1st time i've had one and it was yummy (2 syns for dressing)

Snack:
roasted red pepper hummus with 2 ryvita and carrot sticks - another 1st for me. princess stevie gave me the recipe and it was so nice to have for something different

Dinner:
few spoonfuls of chicken korma with some rice, salad, 1/2 a poppadom, some pakora and some dreaded (but delicious) naan bread
i was shocked at how full i was so quickly...clearly the starch overload is like a foreign body these days lol

HEb:
2 ryvita

HEa:
cheese on subway salad

Syns:
2 for dressing
8.5 on a malteser bunny plus god knows how many for dinner

i'd brought out chicken for dinner & cooked some rice before we left cos i was gonna make fanta chicken so that's what's on the menu for tomorrow i think. well, either that or something that involves chicken and rice lol.

hope everyone's ok and consuming a few less syns than i have today lol x

Hello diary!

food for today looking like this...

DAY- EE

Breakfast:
pudding rice, blueberries, frozen raspberries, chopped banana & yog

Lunch:
roasted red pepper hummus, 2 ryvita & carrot sticks

Dinner:
fanta chicken with basmati rice...LOADS of onion, peppers & carrot

fruit salad with yog

HEb:
2 ryvita/hifi light

HEa:
nothing yet...may have a cheddar stick before bed?

Syns:
sausage - 0.5
mini crunchie - 4
crisps - 5.5

10 for the day

MUCH better day for me today lol
hope everyone's doing good :) x

Hey it's looking good! Your breakfast sounds yummy :)

What ryvetas are classed as your HEB?

Xx

i love that for breakfast...have it a lot!

i either have the original ones or the dark rye ryvita and you get 4 for a HEb
think there's a few we can have but 2 or 3 depending on which ones. couldn't say which one's are what though cos i've only bought these ones x

Just checking as have been away with no computer - and put on 1lb, but thats ok.

I am going to have Fanta chicken at last for dinner tomorrrow. Looking forward to it.

Oh no, I ended up drinking the Fanta and have diet coke chicken. lol

I know you prefer the fanta one so am at last gonna do it.

Hey hun, glad u njoy yer bit of indian grub the other nite, it's my fav food of all time. The mole sauce from the SW mag wasn't bad but def needed a whole lot more chilli in it 4 me but then everybody always says I'v killed off my taste buds eatin chillies n I'm now immune! Did u try the freezer experiment wif the humus?

Oh no, I ended up drinking the Fanta and have diet coke chicken. lol

I know you prefer the fanta one so am at last gonna do it.

lol
i got a 4 pack of tesco's own sugar free orange pop (cans) which i thought would be ideal. it was 99p for 4 for 2 packs for £1.50 so i got those and some sugar free cream soda. used the orange for tonight and it was really ok...wasn't sure if it would be the same using that compared to proper fanta zero but thumbs up for me.
let me know what you think x

Hey hun, glad u njoy yer bit of indian grub the other nite, it's my fav food of all time. The mole sauce from the SW mag wasn't bad but def needed a whole lot more chilli in it 4 me but then everybody always says I'v killed off my taste buds eatin chillies n I'm now immune! Did u try the freezer experiment wif the humus?

i didn't try it...there's a wee drop left cos i had some today but dunno whether to try it or not? i saw the recipe in the mag for the paprika pork said it was freezable but only before the ff was added so i'm thinking it might be dodgy?
i'm gonna do red tomorrow so can't eat any but def gonna make some more next week to use up the rest of the fromage frais i'd bought. i think it would be nice to take to work for a change and the fact it's full of pepper and i'm eating carrot sticks is a great way to snack on veg instead of fruit all the time plus it's filling.
when i had it today with carrots and 2 ryvita's broken up to dip in, it was good!

i was wondering if kidney beans would be good the same way...not sure whether i'd just blitz them on their own or use ff too? any ideas?
i love kidney beans and have a tin there in chilli sauce...dunno what that would be like?

hope all is well with you guys x

Back