Everyday's a SW day :) x

Just made a "snicker" using my HEb peanut hifi bar with Nutella spread on too :drool:

Syns maxed out for the day now with this wee drop choc spread :) x

Attachments

• image-3232236257.jpg
    image-3232236257.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
DAY - RED

Breakfast:
syn free pancakes with strawberries and blueberries and a sprinkle of sweetener

Lunch:
quorn burger on wm roll with cheese and bacon
fruit salad and yog

Dinner:
chicken stroganoff with a ww wm pitta spread with philly light

HEb's:
wm roll
ww pitta

HEa's:
30g cheddar
philly light on pitta

Syns:
ketchup - 1
crisps - 5.5
maltesers - 5

11.5 for the day

been super hungry at times and really missed the carbs to fill me up. i often try to do a red day the day before i weigh in the hope that the scales are kinder after a day of no pasta, potatoes etc....but will just need to see how it goes.
this is now 2 weeks of me being on plan so really hoping for another decent loss tomorrow?

might have some more fruit salad soon...dunno what else to have and i'm HUNGRY :(

hope everyone's had a great weekend xx

Attachments

• image-1384969673.jpg
    image-1384969673.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image-974828351.jpg
    image-974828351.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 35
  • image-3690237663.jpg
    image-3690237663.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 35
so....1lb off this morning and i can't help but feel a bit p1ssed off that it's only 1lb :(

i know it's a loss, but going from a complete blow out to 2 full weeks of being on plan, i kinda expected the scales to be in a better place than they are.
i was within my syns, mixed up my HEb's, always drink at least 2 litres of water on top of any diet juice i have and last week, i tracked on MFP too (not obsessive, just to compare) and i was chuffed cos i was within a good range of calories and seemed to have a good balance of carbs, protein, fat etc.
don't worry, i wasn't stressing about calories, i was trusting the sw plan but cos i did a couple of extra green days, i just wanted to compare different sw days.

i never ate or drank a think before nipping out to get weighed and was hungry all day yesterday, not to mention friday when i had a nightmare trying to find on plan foods when i was out and dying to slip but didn't....and i kinda resent it!

i need to shake the feeling i have and have a good day on plan to help that number continue to go down otherwise i'll end up feeling more annoyed with myself.

the lowest weight i was in class was 13.4 (middle of last year) and then it's gone up between xmas and being off plan here and there and i seem to fall between 13.10 and 14.3 (today was 13.12)
since january i just can't seem to get past 13.10 and have only seen 13.9 1/2 once this year.

i think i went with expectations this morning....which is never good. hoped for 3 which would take me to 13.10 again and then i was determined to get past that number....

*sigh*

if it was me telling other people, i'd say it was still a loss...and to keep at it cos it might show next week....but right now... i don't really wanna listen to my own advice :( x

I know how you feel. I had a week where I wanted to lose 3lbs and I threw myself into it, made sure I drank plenty of water, went and bought loads of SS fruit and veg, literally ate, breathed and slept SW for a whole week including doing lots of walking and was rewarded by a measly pound loss, which I didn't think reflected the effort I had put in. God knows what went wrong?

Anyway maybe you work two weeks behind? Would you try a fish week? I did one recently and lost 3lbs.

Aww :( I know how crap that feels, not even going to try and tell you otherwise! Chin up though, nothing you can do unfortunately! Our bodies are weird things and sometimes don't give us what we expect! Sometimes I've lost weight when I've been very naughty, like at Christmas! I don't know, if only weight loss was simple. X

I know how you feel. I had a week where I wanted to lose 3lbs and I threw myself into it, made sure I drank plenty of water, went and bought loads of SS fruit and veg, literally ate, breathed and slept SW for a whole week including doing lots of walking and was rewarded by a measly pound loss, which I didn't think reflected the effort I had put in. God knows what went wrong?

Anyway maybe you work two weeks behind? Would you try a fish week? I did one recently and lost 3lbs.

just need to keep at it....i never used to have expectations and was on plan 100% and never really too bothered even by a gain i'd get every 4 weeks. but now, cos i don't really want to be on plan all the time lol, i resent it at times.
not to worry, i've behaved myself today and been out all day, hungry rather than getting food whilst out....so that's a bonus!

don't really like many fishy things....but i've seen them work wonders for others....well done you! :) x

Aww :( I know how crap that feels, not even going to try and tell you otherwise! Chin up though, nothing you can do unfortunately! Our bodies are weird things and sometimes don't give us what we expect! Sometimes I've lost weight when I've been very naughty, like at Christmas! I don't know, if only weight loss was simple. X

yep...if only eh!
another unsuccessful shopping day for me today BUT...i've not given in to the demons....yay!
once i've had dinner i'll be sorted....and once today is over, it's a brand new, full of cooking day tomorrow ;) x

so....i've behaved myself...only just - been really tempted to take my huff at the 1lb loss and shove my face in a toffee iced, pecan yum yum :drool: - but didn't!! yyyaaaayyyyyyyyy! lol

anyway, dinner saved the day and gave me that feeling of eating junk..sw style and so now it's time for goodies then bed....i might just be ok for another day ;)

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
piece of 1/2 syn roulade, a yog and 2 alpen lights

Lunch:
salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, onion, sweetcorn, bhaji, dahl loaf and a boiled egg)
pineapple stick

Dinner:
quorn nuggets and cheesy chips :drool:

fruit salad and yog

HEb's:
2 alpen lights
1 hifi bar

HEa's:
skinny cappuccino and 20g cheddar

Syns:
nuggets - 3
ketchup/mayo - 1
mini malteser bunny - 3
crisps - 5.5

12.5 for the day

Attachments

• image-3393766776.jpg
    image-3393766776.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hey Hun

I haven't been around much, but just catching up. Your day the other day sounded like a right palava, I hate it when you go out on a reccy to get all this SW friendly stuff that has been recommended and then you fail on every level, I think the eating out thing was a tester too, its the SW Gods seeing if you will fail or succeed! So well done for succeeding and not sucummbing when most (me!) would!

The 1lb loss is still a loss yes, blah blah blah - but don't you feel like it ought to be more when you spent that day side stepping all sorts of potential crises? You feel like that in itself deserves a pound or two!

Keep at it, you might see a bigger loss next week!

I made Chickpea Dhal Loaf, using your recommended beef rice, I have it for lunch today and tomorrow, it smells delicious and I can't wait! That was a bit of a trial, getting the b!oody chickpeas, none in Asda, I got some in Sainsburys only to find out later they have loads of syns in (11!) then yesterday I tried Morrisons and struck gold, I am assuming they are free, because they were free a few years ago when I last did it.

Have a great day Missy!

Hey Hun

I haven't been around much, but just catching up. Your day the other day sounded like a right palava, I hate it when you go out on a reccy to get all this SW friendly stuff that has been recommended and then you fail on every level, I think the eating out thing was a tester too, its the SW Gods seeing if you will fail or succeed! So well done for succeeding and not sucummbing when most (me!) would!

The 1lb loss is still a loss yes, blah blah blah - but don't you feel like it ought to be more when you spent that day side stepping all sorts of potential crises? You feel like that in itself deserves a pound or two!

Keep at it, you might see a bigger loss next week!

I made Chickpea Dhal Loaf, using your recommended beef rice, I have it for lunch today and tomorrow, it smells delicious and I can't wait! That was a bit of a trial, getting the b!oody chickpeas, none in Asda, I got some in Sainsburys only to find out later they have loads of syns in (11!) then yesterday I tried Morrisons and struck gold, I am assuming they are free, because they were free a few years ago when I last did it.

Have a great day Missy!

how come you needed chickpeas? did you use another recipe? you'll need to let me know what it was like
i just use the savoury rice and a tin of asda's chickpea dahl curry stuff, mix it together with eggs then cook. mine's has been a disaster this morning though...i needed the dish for the lasagne i was making and think i took it out too soon...when i went to cut it all up, it's too moist in the middle so only ended up with a few squares and the rest was just crumble! :(

ach i know 1lb off is better than nothing...but i just hoped (and expected more)
glad i didn't blow it yesterday through being p'd off cos what good would that have done!

i see you are full of wedding preparations....how exciting! it will be here before you know it!!!!

spent the morning cooking which has kept me busy. i've been grumpy the last 2 days and for the safety of my OH and son...they should really just avoid me! lol

glad to see you back toots :D x

how come you needed chickpeas? did you use another recipe? you'll need to let me know what it was like
i just use the savoury rice and a tin of asda's chickpea dahl curry stuff, mix it together with eggs then cook. mine's has been a disaster this morning though...i needed the dish for the lasagne i was making and think i took it out too soon...when i went to cut it all up, it's too moist in the middle so only ended up with a few squares and the rest was just crumble! :(

ach i know 1lb off is better than nothing...but i just hoped (and expected more)
glad i didn't blow it yesterday through being p'd off cos what good would that have done!

i see you are full of wedding preparations....how exciting! it will be here before you know it!!!!

spent the morning cooking which has kept me busy. i've been grumpy the last 2 days and for the safety of my OH and son...they should really just avoid me! lol

glad to see you back toots :D x

Oh I meant tinned chickpea dahl - I couldn't find it in Asda, where I know it is free - it was nowhere to be seen. I found some in Morrisons, which I am hoping is free - the Sainsburys one is 11 syns! Ridic.

I just had it for lunch and OH WOW is all I can say! I really enjoyed it. I had a massive slab, half a loaf and salad - it was sooooo good.

Sorry to hear you have been grumpy! Any particular reason?? What have you been cooking? xx

Oh I meant tinned chickpea dahl - I couldn't find it in Asda, where I know it is free - it was nowhere to be seen. I found some in Morrisons, which I am hoping is free - the Sainsburys one is 11 syns! Ridic.

I just had it for lunch and OH WOW is all I can say! I really enjoyed it. I had a massive slab, half a loaf and salad - it was sooooo good.

Sorry to hear you have been grumpy! Any particular reason?? What have you been cooking? xx

lol...i was thinking god, she must've made a chickpea curry type thing then done it from there....:giggle:
i've never seen it in morrisons, have one from sainsbury's but don't think it has 11 syns...not sure i'll ever find out now! lol

not grumping at anything in particular....just everyone's bugging me...can't even blame it on PMT cos i only had * week last week...oh maybe i can...POST menstrual??? lol

made the dahl loaf, 1/2 syn roulade, quorn lasagne, rice pudding, boiled eggs, lunches for tomorrow and a gammon joint ready to go in for dinner soon. i soaked broth mix and was planning on making some of that too...but i literally have no where in the fridge to store it and i can't see it being eaten today so will give it a miss for today i think.

so glad you liked the dahl loaf....i made quiche last week instead so looking forward to my wee bites tomorrow for snacks. i've literally made it every week, give or take, since january 2013! it's handy but i keep mine in the fridge to grab during the week...but much prefer it warm! x

lol...i was thinking god, she must've made a chickpea curry type thing then done it from there....:giggle:
i've never seen it in morrisons, have one from sainsbury's but don't think it has 11 syns...not sure i'll ever find out now! lol

not grumping at anything in particular....just everyone's bugging me...can't even blame it on PMT cos i only had * week last week...oh maybe i can...POST menstrual??? lol

made the dahl loaf, 1/2 syn roulade, quorn lasagne, rice pudding, boiled eggs, lunches for tomorrow and a gammon joint ready to go in for dinner soon. i soaked broth mix and was planning on making some of that too...but i literally have no where in the fridge to store it and i can't see it being eaten today so will give it a miss for today i think.

so glad you liked the dahl loaf....i made quiche last week instead so looking forward to my wee bites tomorrow for snacks. i've literally made it every week, give or take, since january 2013! it's handy but i keep mine in the fridge to grab during the week...but much prefer it warm! x

I know what you mean, sometimes the world just owes you something right? You don't necessarily need anything in particular to annoy you, so EVERYTHING annoys you!

I was shocked about the Sains Chickpea Dhal but I checked on here in the Syn Values section and someone said it was 11 - I haven't used it, but I wont waste it, I may have it with rice for tea on a low syn green day.

Wow you have been a busy bee today!

I ate my loaf cold and it was perfect, I guess I could have warmed it, but it was delicious as it was. I may make this a bit of a staple seeing as its syn free and full of goodness....I have been parping quite a lot since eating it though :ashamed0005: - the poor people in my department are getting it this afternoon!

xxx

I know what you mean, sometimes the world just owes you something right? You don't necessarily need anything in particular to annoy you, so EVERYTHING annoys you!

I was shocked about the Sains Chickpea Dhal but I checked on here in the Syn Values section and someone said it was 11 - I haven't used it, but I wont waste it, I may have it with rice for tea on a low syn green day.

Wow you have been a busy bee today!

I ate my loaf cold and it was perfect, I guess I could have warmed it, but it was delicious as it was. I may make this a bit of a staple seeing as its syn free and full of goodness....I have been parping quite a lot since eating it though :ashamed0005: - the poor people in my department are getting it this afternoon!

xxx

lol...oooh see, i'd save mine and have a sore tummy all day, then my poor OH would get the brunt of it when we're at home! lol

i've had the dahl on it's own as part of dinner before but not overly keen on it on it's own. i do like the dahl loaf and sometimes it's great just to grab a bite, if i'm hungry in between meals...like you say, it's syn free so bonus! ;)

i've halved the mixture before and added spices and onion with some smash flakes to thicken and made "onion bhaji's" for something different. in fact, need to do that soon cos i haven't for ages!

i tried the one from aldi which is syn free but thought it was rank! so i stick to asda's and always buy a few at a time.
did they not have any or just weren't sold in that store? i always get mine in the aisle where the tinned currys, steak etc are but it's my big asda that sells it, can't get them in another smaller store near by

the rice is great for me for breakfasts without using my HEb and the eggs just save me time so i can grab that before i leave for work

so glad i finally tried the quorn nuggets....they are def my new fav! and the quorn sausages too which i'd put off getting until the other week...they are so much better than i remember them to be years ago!

i'm just thinking...you could use the sainsbury's dahl in the loaf....and syn each slice - on a day where you maybe weren't taking as much for lunch but snacking on a piece here or there? depending on what you cook it in, that might be do-able? i usually get 10 squares out of mine...not today as i mentioned...it's mush :(
could've blobbed it all together to make dahl loaf balls i suppose....grrrrrr :giggle: x

lol...oooh see, i'd save mine and have a sore tummy all day, then my poor OH would get the brunt of it when we're at home! lol

i've had the dahl on it's own as part of dinner before but not overly keen on it on it's own. i do like the dahl loaf and sometimes it's great just to grab a bite, if i'm hungry in between meals...like you say, it's syn free so bonus! ;)

i've halved the mixture before and added spices and onion with some smash flakes to thicken and made "onion bhaji's" for something different. in fact, need to do that soon cos i haven't for ages!

i tried the one from aldi which is syn free but thought it was rank! so i stick to asda's and always buy a few at a time.
did they not have any or just weren't sold in that store? i always get mine in the aisle where the tinned currys, steak etc are but it's my big asda that sells it, can't get them in another smaller store near by

the rice is great for me for breakfasts without using my HEb and the eggs just save me time so i can grab that before i leave for work

so glad i finally tried the quorn nuggets....they are def my new fav! and the quorn sausages too which i'd put off getting until the other week...they are so much better than i remember them to be years ago!

i'm just thinking...you could use the sainsbury's dahl in the loaf....and syn each slice - on a day where you maybe weren't taking as much for lunch but snacking on a piece here or there? depending on what you cook it in, that might be do-able? i usually get 10 squares out of mine...not today as i mentioned...it's mush :(
could've blobbed it all together to make dahl loaf balls i suppose....grrrrrr :giggle: x

Hmm the rice pud is a good idea for brekkie. How do you make yours? I have been toying with the idea of making it up with some of that almond / choccie soya milk - you get quite a lot for your HEA or Syns.

They used to sell it in the Asda near me (its a big shop) but I haven't been there in ages, and I looked in the "gluten free" section, the tinned veg/beans section and the tinned meal section - I asked a lady who answered in her very Essex accent "try the Forin (read foreign) aisle luv" - so I trundled off with her to try the "forin" aisle but to no avail ... she apologised and asked if there was "anyfing else i can 'elp wiv?" and I answered "no thanks, unless you have time to make me some chickpea dhal" to which I hooted with laughter and to which she looked at me and said "no" and walked off!

Hmm I am not sure I would be able to stop at one slice! I am a bit of an all or nothing kinda gal. ... no I think I will blast it in one hit with some rice.

I am toying with the idea of going back to a class....what do you think? x

ps. you really enjoyed the quorn sausages??? I have nightmares about those things, I tried them years ago, and I swear I never fully recovered! Have they changed THAT much?

Hmm the rice pud is a good idea for brekkie. How do you make yours? I have been toying with the idea of making it up with some of that almond / choccie soya milk - you get quite a lot for your HEA or Syns.

They used to sell it in the Asda near me (its a big shop) but I haven't been there in ages, and I looked in the "gluten free" section, the tinned veg/beans section and the tinned meal section - I asked a lady who answered in her very Essex accent "try the Forin (read foreign) aisle luv" - so I trundled off with her to try the "forin" aisle but to no avail ... she apologised and asked if there was "anyfing else i can 'elp wiv?" and I answered "no thanks, unless you have time to make me some chickpea dhal" to which I hooted with laughter and to which she looked at me and said "no" and walked off!

Hmm I am not sure I would be able to stop at one slice! I am a bit of an all or nothing kinda gal. ... no I think I will blast it in one hit with some rice.

I am toying with the idea of going back to a class....what do you think? x

wa ha ha..i am howling at the thought of her being not so amused at you (sorry) made me smile though ;)

it's def not in the "forin" ailse...it's beside those pies that you open with a tin opener and bung them in still half in the can (know the ones i mean?) beside all the tinned meals, tinned ham, spam etc...

for the rice pudding i just literally cook mine in water and sweetener...sometimes with a splash of milk.
i only cook it this way cos i add fruit and yog to mine so i can't taste anything other than those...which means i can keep my HEa for cheese or milk in a cuppa later ;)

if i was having it without yog tho, i'd def me cooking it in milk, or the chocolate oatly stuff we're allowed....for me tho, i won't waste it on the way i have mine.

i take it to work most of the time but if i'm at home, i like having the rice hot, and adding the frozen raspberries (which then makes in piiiiiink! lol) and stirring the yog in...different temperature with every mouthful but it's my fav.
and it always seems more filling when a breakfast is hot eh?

the carrot oats....you have to try the carrot cake porridge....it's my new love!!
can't even taste the carrot, just the cinnamon but with some chopped banana and raisins, it does well at filling my tum for a bit...and i only ever have 1/2 my HEb worth!

now...about class.....hmmmmm. i've been the same but it's more about the bars for me if i'm honest.
do you think you'll stay on plan more by going?
i think we both know what to do, have lots of support on here if and when we need it....it's just a case of us knuckling down and sticking to it!
i know some people can't NOT go to group or they'd be off plan...but i was paying £5 a week to stand on the scales then leave again...i never experienced anything other than that the whole year i went but it was just due to me having to rush and fit everything in that we had on that day. stopping group only changed one thing for me....not being weighed by someone else!

right now, i don't think i'd be up for all that cheerleading support group type stuff...but then that's me...and it depends on the group cos i know lots of people who love their class, have gotten close to people and are genuinely a group of friends.

what are your pros and cons for going back?

tell you what, if you do, you can send me hifi bars...and i'll send you tins of chickpea dahl...eh hang on, come to think about it, the tins weigh a lot more than hifi's....cancel that...almost bumped myself there with a bad deal ;)

oh and the sausages....i didn't LOVE them...but they're edible and that could be cos over the last year and a bit, i've tasted so many food optimised things and maybe i am used to that fakeness lol.
i'm not keen on the linda mc roar sausages (too much like stuffing for me) so these have been a great replacement!
i think they're quite filling and def don't remember them being that good years ago. in fact, i remember thinking they were awful that clearly, that it's taken me until now to try them again! (it was ones from the freezer section i got btw) x

wa ha ha..i am howling at the thought of her being not so amused at you (sorry) made me smile though ;)

it's def not in the "forin" ailse...it's beside those pies that you open with a tin opener and bung them in still half in the can (know the ones i mean?) beside all the tinned meals, tinned ham, spam etc...

for the rice pudding i just literally cook mine in water and sweetener...sometimes with a splash of milk.
i only cook it this way cos i add fruit and yog to mine so i can't taste anything other than those...which means i can keep my HEa for cheese or milk in a cuppa later ;)

if i was having it without yog tho, i'd def me cooking it in milk, or the chocolate oatly stuff we're allowed....for me tho, i won't waste it on the way i have mine.

i take it to work most of the time but if i'm at home, i like having the rice hot, and adding the frozen raspberries (which then makes in piiiiiink! lol) and stirring the yog in...different temperature with every mouthful but it's my fav.
and it always seems more filling when a breakfast is hot eh?

the carrot oats....you have to try the carrot cake porridge....it's my new love!!
can't even taste the carrot, just the cinnamon but with some chopped banana and raisins, it does well at filling my tum for a bit...and i only ever have 1/2 my HEb worth!

now...about class.....hmmmmm. i've been the same but it's more about the bars for me if i'm honest.
do you think you'll stay on plan more by going?
i think we both know what to do, have lots of support on here if and when we need it....it's just a case of us knuckling down and sticking to it!
i know some people can't NOT go to group or they'd be off plan...but i was paying £5 a week to stand on the scales then leave again...i never experienced anything other than that the whole year i went but it was just due to me having to rush and fit everything in that we had on that day. stopping group only changed one thing for me....not being weighed by someone else!

right now, i don't think i'd be up for all that cheerleading support group type stuff...but then that's me...and it depends on the group cos i know lots of people who love their class, have gotten close to people and are genuinely a group of friends.

what are your pros and cons for going back?

tell you what, if you do, you can send me hifi bars...and i'll send you tins of chickpea dahl...eh hang on, come to think about it, the tins weigh a lot more than hifi's....cancel that...almost bumped myself there with a bad deal ;)

oh and the sausages....i didn't LOVE them...but they're edible and that could be cos over the last year and a bit, i've tasted so many food optimised things and maybe i am used to that fakeness lol.
i'm not keen on the linda mc roar sausages (too much like stuffing for me) so these have been a great replacement!
i think they're quite filling and def don't remember them being that good years ago. in fact, i remember thinking they were awful that clearly, that it's taken me until now to try them again! (it was ones from the freezer section i got btw) x

Yup, I know the exact place they should've been, but no, alas, there wasn't even an empty section of shelf where they may have once been. Devastated. Still I found a can in Morrisons.

I do want to try the carrot cake porridge as it sounds right up my street, but what I was steering towards is something filling that doesn't use a HE up - so the rice pud would defo crack that. I will find some pud rice in my next shop.

I do like the LMc ROAR saussies - they make a good free breakfast although I like to have them in some bread. I do tend to mix my breakfasts up, so I don't get bored invariably I use HEBs and sometimes HEAs up all in one hit.

Re. the classes...I am exactly the same as you, i don't get much out of it, or should I say, I DIDN'T get much out of it, I joined and re-joined and re-re-joined...and probably once or twice more times, and it was the same class and each time I liked it less and less and even the embarassment of being weighed didn't do anything to boost me.. I just figured if I joined a new class and with something to aim for (the wedding) then I may be able to start a fresh and also it may make me stick to it seeing as I am spending money to do there. . . For now, I think you are right I think I will stick with the support on here and see how it goes.

Have you tried the B Free Wraps? They are a HEB and they are a good alternative to the humble wrap. They are great to use as a pizza base too.

x

Back