Everyday's a SW day :) x

Looking at all the pics in your diary is making my mouth water - you are such a good cook! Looks like you're doing great getting straight back on plan after your weekend break, well done! x

Looking at all the pics in your diary is making my mouth water - you are such a good cook! Looks like you're doing great getting straight back on plan after your weekend break, well done! x

aww thank you!
and yet i always see other people's photos and think...meh! when it comes to mine lol.

usually the same stuff i make chick but it does me and i wouldn't know where to start with some of the fancy meals people on here have lol

i'm always reading your diary and a massive well done on your results the last couple of weeks! you're doing fab!

been looking at my BMR too and i think i'm the opposite of you...maybe eating too many calories?
mines is just over 1600 and if our HE's are potentially worth 600 alone (think they're 6 syns each so on a red or green day we can have 2 of each) so that leaves 1000 calories.
if you take off the average 10 syns i use a day...that leaves me 800 which may be a lot sometimes..but not if i was having pasta n sauce etc.. :( (which i only really use as a base for my quiche but you get what i mean...that and the mugshots etc)

i know there are days when i won't be eating that...but there MUST be days where i am (more than 1 yog etc...it all adds up) and whilst i know we don't calorie count...it's always in the back of my mind!

anyway, i've not done too bad on my journey...seen losses most of the time (apart from every 4th week) but it annoys me that 1 meal off plan can have such a huge impact on the scales...and yeah, i know it's probably bloat sometimes but it's disheartening.
i feel like it does show what effect foods have on our bodies...but putting 4lbs on after 1 meal out is pretty sh1t lol.

seems there are a few folk struggling on here at the mo and it's maybe down to the time of year...lots more social events, nibbles in the office etc but it's hard sometimes to get a happy medium isn't it.

anyhoo...enough of my...well...whatever that just was lol...x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
small bowl of fruit salad before work
magic porridge with mixed berries when i was there

Snack:
piece of sw quiche & dahl loaf

Lunch:
left over tomato pasta n sauce (from the base for my quiche the other day) with chopped quorn meatballs through it

Dinner:
quorn chilli stuffed pepper, put a wee bit of cous cous at the bottom to bulk it up
left over fruit salad

HEB's:
35g oats
ryvita minis

HEa's:
nothing yet (damn! i should've had cheese on my stuffed pepper! lol)
might have some babybel or a cheddar stick later

Syns:
freddo - 5
prawn hoops and crosses - 4

9 in total for today :D

Attachments

• image-1041087288.jpg
    image-1041087288.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1615477931.jpg
    image-1615477931.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 58
DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
rice pudding with blueberries, frozen raspberries, chopped banana and yog

Snack:
piece of quiche and dahl loaf

Lunch:
cottage cheese and bean cakes with a poached egg and beans

Dinner:
quorn burger on wm roll with lettuce, tomato & HEa cheese with sw chips

HEb's:
wm roll
hifi bar

HEa's:
30g cheddar

Syns:
ketchup - 1
malteser bunny - 8.5
wotsits - 5

14.5 for the day

Attachments

• image-2830886708.jpg
    image-2830886708.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3997853710.jpg
    image-3997853710.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1294138024.jpg
    image-1294138024.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 56
Wanted to try the chocolate brownies again after not liking them last time.
I don't like dark chocolate so it's no wonder I didn't when I used cocoa powder! Lol

This morning I opted for 60g of cadburys drinking powder instead and they're much better!
Think i'd use less sweetener next time but works out at 0.5 syns per piece (405 calls for 100g of the powder, 60g = 243 and following the 20 cals to 1 syn rule means 12 in total and I cut these into 24.)

Didn't top them with quark and choc powder as I didn't like them last time but these are not bad...although I'll need to try not to eat the whole tray now lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3223855699.jpg
    image-3223855699.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-4103339552.jpg
    image-4103339552.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1862703717.jpg
    image-1862703717.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
They look awesome! I saw the recipe somewhere and remember thinking that was a LOT of sweetener going in, not sure if it is the same recipe you used? I'm not sure I could trust myself not to over-indulge!

I've been doing EE constantly so far but think I might have to try some red/green days, the Quorn stuff sounds like it's worth trying for a green day :)

I love green days...and although I do a few red sometimes too, I struggle more with them as they def need more planning on my part.

The recipe I used asked for way more sweetener than I actually used...but I'd still use a bit less next time I think.
All trial and error with what we each like eh x

Last edited:
DAY - EE

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog

Lunch:
1/2 pack of M&S teriyaki beef salad bites in mooli ribbons (1)
burger king syn free kids meal - chargrilled chicken strips with a bag of apple "fries" and a diet coke :D

Dinner:
M&S Singapore noodle chicken stir fry with peppers, onion, babycorn & petit pois
left over fruit salad

HEb:
hifi bar

HEa:
nothing yet...maybe a cheddar stick

Syns:
sw brownies - 2.5
M&S salad bites - 1
hoops and crosses - 4.5
funsize mars - 4

12 for the day

Attachments

• image-1645279428.jpg
    image-1645279428.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
DAY - RED

Breakfast:
big bowl of fruit salad with yog
boiled egg

Lunch:
2 m&s mini sub wm rolls with sausage and a scraping of ketchup instead of butter ;)
pkt of sainsburys popcorn

Dinner:
roast beef, sprouts, carrot & suede mash, baby corn
left over fruit and yog

HEb's:
2 wm sub rolls
1 hifi light/1 alpen light

HEa's:
20g cheddar stick

Syns:
sw brownie - 1
ketchup/gravy - 1.5
popcorn - 2.5
space raiders - 3
1 choc orange chocolate - 2
2 sausages - 1

11 for the day

Attachments

• image-1758061011.jpg
    image-1758061011.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image-1983952783.jpg
    image-1983952783.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3925742110.jpg
    image-3925742110.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 60
2lbs off at class tonight for me :D

DAY - EE

Breakfast:
mixed berries with yog, a boiled egg & some seafood sticks

Lunch:
piece of dahl loaf and a small bowl of fruit salad

Dinner:
chicken breast with sw roasties, carrots, sweetcorn and pickled onions

HEb:
hifi bar

HEa:
nothing yet...may have 3 babybel lights between now and bed time :)

Syns:
sw brownie - 1
prawn hoops and crosses - 4
funsize maltesers - 5

10 in total for the day

pics are my dinner...and my home made soup/boiled eggs to snack on over the next couple of days :) x

Attachments

• image-3406863028.jpg
    image-3406863028.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image-310538252.jpg
    image-310538252.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 51
Well done on the loss! I love your food pics too, my dinners always look so disorganised and yours look neat and inviting!

You have inspired me to plan one red and one green day this week, just to try something different so I might be raiding your diary for ideas, hope you don't mind ;)

Mmm dinner looks yum!!
Well done on the 2 off tonight! You're just doing so well, I can't believe you went to bk or maccers (I've forgotten!) and had a syn free kids meal! I need some of that discipline in my life!! Xx

thanks chick ;)
not a great month for me in November as i was away for the weekend twice but today's result was in the right direction (and actually 4lbs down compared to last week's unofficial WI when i wasn't at class and i had a peek!)
oh it was discipline alright...those burgers were screaming at me! dunno how i did it...but i did tell my OH, when i'm having off plan time over xmas, we should go to Burger King so i can indulge! lol x

Well done on the loss! I love your food pics too, my dinners always look so disorganised and yours look neat and inviting!

You have inspired me to plan one red and one green day this week, just to try something different so I might be raiding your diary for ideas, hope you don't mind ;)

aww thanks...i never think they look fancy compared to some on here.
i've only just started posting pics cos i have the app on my phone now :)

steal away....that's exactly how i got my head around red days and got ideas to plan my very 1st one.
you'll need to let me know how you get on x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
rice pudding with mixed berries, chopped banana and yog
boiled egg

Snack:
hifi bar and a piece of dahl loaf

Lunch:
mis shape chocolates! (star week arrived and as those of you who follow this thread know, i'm always sick/faint on the 1st day! i was feeling iffy so had these at work courtesy of my colleague)

Dinner:
quorn chilli with cheese in a baked potato
fruit salad with yog

HEb's:
ryvita mini's
hifi bar

HEa's:
30g cheddar

Syns:
dextro energy - 1
mis shape chocolates....too many i imagine

so, today i've probably been well over my syns thanks to the chocolates but it's the 1st month in a while that i NEVER got to the stage where my blood sugars dropped suddenly leaving me a quivering wreck, and for a change, i wasn't left grey in colour borderline fainting and being sick!
this is a massive achievement for me seeing as i was at work (last month i had to phone for an emergency holiday seeing as i almost passed out before i left for work and just couldn't function!!) but i think it's partly to do with the fact that i felt ok in the morning and that let me have some food and tablets and although i felt naff in the afternoon, it wasn't a patch on last month!!

i can't say i'll manage it like this next month cos it really depends on what time i get it, if i've eaten etc but big bonus for me!

i missed lunch and had the chocolates instead but the rest of the day has been as planned and at the end of the day...not passing out at work or being sick was my main priority...and if it means i over syn'd then so be it...just glad i managed it! lol.

off now to cosy up with a hot water bottle....damn that mother nature and her stomach cramps!x

Attachments

• image-1497803128.jpg
    image-1497803128.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3075110483.jpg
    image-3075110483.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I'm so glad I don't have * week any more! Mine were awful pain wise and occasionally I think I might be having a slight hormonal peak, I don't have any of the symptoms, not sure how I would cope with them these days!

I really hope the cramps don't last too long, it sounds really un-fun and I think chocolate was most definitely needed today :hug99:

I'm so glad I don't have * week any more! Mine were awful pain wise and occasionally I think I might be having a slight hormonal peak, I don't have any of the symptoms, not sure how I would cope with them these days!

I really hope the cramps don't last too long, it sounds really un-fun and I think chocolate was most definitely needed today :hug99:

aww thank you ;)
the cramps are one thing but i think what happens is my blood sugars drop in an instant with no time to prepare so i'm left feeling faint, sick,sweating, shaking and the most horrendous colour - all the symptoms of it being blood sugar related and once it passes, i feel exhausted and unable to think straight for a bit.

Mrs N was making an appearance at the weekend or on my day off which didn't change my symptoms, but it meant there was no pressure to be ok and quick if i had to be somewheer...but it was late last month and arrive through the night before a work day so when i got up, i hadn't eaten etc so it seemed worse and i had to phone work for an emergency holiday!
it's awful cos i panic at the thought of something being on at the same time i'm due cos i know i just can't function for those few hours:(

it's awful cos i find that i'm worse with the faint/sugars side of it the more weight i lose. (i lost a lot of weight years ago and that's when it started) and really, i should goto the dr's but other than try and prepare myself as much as i can...it's out of my control cos i never know how it will be.

so a high syn day for me as i said but it's def helped cos i didn't get the faint way like all the other times :)

how have you been getting on with the plan? i notice you had 1 stone off from yesterday....great news!
what type of meals have you been having? x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
magic porridge with mixed berries
boiled egg

Snack:
home made soup and a piece of dahl loaf

Lunch:
mac and cheese (freezer portion) and a tangerine

Dinner:
M&S singapore noodles with quorn chicken pieces, peppers, onion and some mayflower curry sauce which i'd cooked up with an onion
small bowl of fruit salad

HEB's:
35g oats
hifi bar

HEa's:
cheese in mac and cheese at lunch

Syns:
curry sauce - only had a few spoonfuls so will say 2
funsize ripple - 4.5
tatyo whisps - 5

11.5 for the day

Attachments

• image-831241827.jpg
    image-831241827.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image-329304407.jpg
    image-329304407.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 43
Ooooh funsize ripples! I absolutely love galaxy chocolate! Have been treating myself with either mini milky bars or curly wurlys but will definitely keep an eye out for little ripples.

Sounds like a trip to the doctors is definitely overdue, I am 100% sure they could do something to at least help with the symptoms, especially as they sound so extreme, I can't imagine having to go through that once every 3 months, let alone every month. It sounds exhausting too.

Thanks for noticing the new goal :D, I had my first official SW weigh in yesterday but had been doing it at home for a week before I joined up (And I'd been doing other types of diet since end of August). Just doing EE days at the moment and I've turned into the tupperware queen with all my prepping! I usually have magic porridge for breakfast, piece of fruit mid morning and hifi in the afternoon with lunch and dinner being usually some sort of veg and meat. I have been keeping a food diary on here but I haven't put it in my sig yet, I think I need to update it too but I find it helps me stay on track.

Back