Everyday's a SW day :) x

Hey lovely!
So sorry to hear you've not been feeling well..are you 100% now?! Always nice to mix it up a bit isn't it...although I'm totally with you on the 'failing to plan/prep' thing...I've realised if I don't get a couple of hours or dishes sorted on a Sunday night then in screwed for the rest of the week!
Those choccie brekkie biscuits sound yummy!
Xxx

Hey lovely!
So sorry to hear you've not been feeling well..are you 100% now?! Always nice to mix it up a bit isn't it...although I'm totally with you on the 'failing to plan/prep' thing...I've realised if I don't get a couple of hours or dishes sorted on a Sunday night then in screwed for the rest of the week!
Those choccie brekkie biscuits sound yummy!
Xxx

Hiya Ging :D
yep, feeling much better now thank you...and thankfully, even though i didn't do all my cooking, i've still managed on plan sw days (with a bit of calorie counting in the background ;) )
the belvita biscuits are yummy...but at 3 syns each...prob not worth it although they do taste a bit like bourbon biscuits so not sure what the syns are for those so might be worth it for a biscuit type treat instead of a breakfast thing?x

DAY - GREEN (it's been a while! lol)

Breakfast:
bite of a banana before work
rice pudding, berries, banana and yog

Lunch:
wm cracker bread (an old box i found from before they changed to not being allowed them as a HEb) with chive cottage cheese and some home made soup

Dinner:
quorn burger on wm roll with lettuce and cheese, sw chips, pickles and beetroot

HEb's:
6 x wm crackerbread
1 wm roll

HEa's:
30g cheddar

Syns:
crisps - 5.5
ketchup - 1
aero biscuit - 5

11.5 for the day

DAY - EE

Breakfast:
tangerine and a smoothie (refusing to syn this - i made it with only 1 banana, 1 apple and a yog and just had the 1!)
piece of 1/2 syn roulade

Lunch:
baked sweet potato filled with tuna and red pepper with salad
(1st time i've had sweet potato...picked a bag up for 69p in aldi so thought it was worth the risk. thought they were quite nice and they're really good for you too!)

Dinner:
egg fried rice, chicken and curry sauce, onions

Syns:
salad cream - 2
curry sauce - 4
freddo - 5
skips - 4

15 for the day

as you know, i've been following sw but using MFP to track calories too. some days i'm way over the amount they've worked out i need (for weight loss) and some days i'm not...this week, i've mostly been under but def used less this week than i did last.(maybe cos i've done mostly EE?)

i'm wondering if i should do SW all week...and maybe just calorie count at the weekends? i'm thinking that maybe that way, i could still be "off plan" in the eyes of sw...but in a way that i'm not blowing 1000's of calories?
kinda feel that i would be able to eat whatever without feeling bad....as long as it was within my calories?

yet again i'm on the over thinking stuff....i just feel like i'm more tempted these days to be off plan at the weekends....feel like i'm pi$$ing about if i'm honest cos although i'm sticking to plan all week...i'm tempted more than ever to have stuff i'd avoided for so long! :(

counting calories and doing SW this week has meant that i've been weighing stuff out that i wouldn't usually (potatoes, rice etc) and i know we don't have to...but i've just been mindful that really, at the end of the day, if we eat too many calories, we put on weight or don't lose.

i know i could have white toast or whatever at the weekend, cereals or take away which would all be off SW plan BUT would satisfy what i seem to want at times and could be do-able for 1500 calories.
i don't think i would say "stuff it" as much if i was tracking those types of foods the way that i do when i have one thing off plan on SW...then proceed to cram in as many of those types of foods as i can while i'm having my off plan day...cos it'll be back to not having them the next day.

does that make sense?

urgh! i dunno...i want to try it to be honest...but i'm frightened and i think it's more because it's against SW.
but really...i do think i would be better to track the non sw foods and try to stay within the calories by using MFP...than i would be to have a blow out on SW cos i really do just eat the stuff for the sake of it....and just because i'm "off it"
for instance - to have different cereal/toast in the morning....maybe a subway salad and meat roll at lunch then something for dinner...it's not the worst thing in the world!
but if i was planning an off day, i'd want mcdonald's or out for breakfast, something naughty at lunch and then a take away for dinner PLUS the goodies in between...because mentally, i think i'm better to get it all "while i can"
:confused: x

right...i've made the decision to calorie count for the next wee while...not sure for how long, but can't focus cos of all this over thinking and it's stressing me out :(

i've literally spent ALL day thinking about foods, calories, sw and it's really getting to me. i have too much other stuff going on in my head and it's getting on top of me so i need to deal with a part of it until my head's in a better place.

if i don't take control of something, i'll end up taking time away from SW with no plan of action and that'll end up resulting in me just being OTT with unhealthy foods and quickly putting weight on so i think this is the best option.

i'm gonna keep this diary for now....if i end up sticking with calorie counting then i'll start a new diary in the proper section.

i just need the convenience of picking things up sometimes when i feel like this...i want to be able to do that guilt free...and without spiralling out of control cos "i've had an off day of SW plan so i may as well really blow it!"

my plan is to keep food optimising in mind when it comes to my meals...but right now, i need to stop focussing so much on foods and plans, it really is wearing me down - and that along with other stuff saw me spend most of the day trying to fight tears away...it just seems too much :(

i've been using MFP to track the calories and have aimed for 1500 which supposedly means a loss of 1lb a week....

food today looking like this:

Breakfast:
rice pudding with berries, chopped banana and yog

Snack:
some 1/2 syn roulade

Lunch:
2 bacon medallions, 1 BGTY sausage
3 wm crackerbread with philly light sweet chilli

Snack:
2 crumpets with a butter portion

Dinner:
low low snack pack and a vegetable sushi pack

treats for tonight:
crisps and a funsize crunchie

total calories (including drinks) is 1524. have 71 extra calories to include for the day cos i put in 15 mins walking for when i was out at the shops for 3 hrs (obviously more but dunno that it counts as real exercise lol) so have 47 remaining which i have no plans to use

i dunno if this is the right thing for me...but i just need to take a break away from all the madness in my head and give myself a bit of flexibility.

feel like sh1t about it all...my OH is supportive of whatever i want to do...but he can't really relate to it so hasn't helped (don't mean that in a bad way - he just doesn't understand) and i think i'm looking for someone to tell me what to do...or what the right this is...hate feeling in limbo...frightened i'm gonna get it wrong and end up feeling worse if i put weight on :confused: x

right...i've made the decision to calorie count for the next wee while...not sure for how long, but can't focus cos of all this over thinking and it's stressing me out :( i've literally spent ALL day thinking about foods, calories, sw and it's really getting to me. i have too much other stuff going on in my head and it's getting on top of me so i need to deal with a part of it until my head's in a better place. if i don't take control of something, i'll end up taking time away from SW with no plan of action and that'll end up resulting in me just being OTT with unhealthy foods and quickly putting weight on so i think this is the best option. i'm gonna keep this diary for now....if i end up sticking with calorie counting then i'll start a new diary in the proper section. i just need the convenience of picking things up sometimes when i feel like this...i want to be able to do that guilt free...and without spiralling out of control cos "i've had an off day of SW plan so i may as well really blow it!" my plan is to keep food optimising in mind when it comes to my meals...but right now, i need to stop focussing so much on foods and plans, it really is wearing me down - and that along with other stuff saw me spend most of the day trying to fight tears away...it just seems too much :( i've been using MFP to track the calories and have aimed for 1500 which supposedly means a loss of 1lb a week.... food today looking like this: Breakfast: rice pudding with berries, chopped banana and yog Snack: some 1/2 syn roulade Lunch: 2 bacon medallions, 1 BGTY sausage 3 wm crackerbread with philly light sweet chilli Snack: 2 crumpets with a butter portion Dinner: low low snack pack and a vegetable sushi pack treats for tonight: crisps and a funsize crunchie total calories (including drinks) is 1524. have 71 extra calories to include for the day cos i put in 15 mins walking for when i was out at the shops for 3 hrs (obviously more but dunno that it counts as real exercise lol) so have 47 remaining which i have no plans to use i dunno if this is the right thing for me...but i just need to take a break away from all the madness in my head and give myself a bit of flexibility. feel like sh1t about it all...my OH is supportive of whatever i want to do...but he can't really relate to it so hasn't helped (don't mean that in a bad way - he just doesn't understand) and i think i'm looking for someone to tell me what to do...or what the right this is...hate feeling in limbo...frightened i'm gonna get it wrong and end up feeling worse if i put weight on :confused: x

Aw Hun I'm sorry the hear you struggling. Something's clearly changed in your mind because before Xmas you were so focused and so good at SW and now you seem to be wavering.
I agree totally that calorie counting is more freeing because you can make more choices. I can't cope with calorie counting personally because I get obsessed and start messing about with "earning" more cals and it took over my life. But it sounds like that's where you're at anyway at the min....

Hope it works out and it settles your mind a bit chick xx

Aw Hun I'm sorry the hear you struggling. Something's clearly changed in your mind because before Xmas you were so focused and so good at SW and now you seem to be wavering.
I agree totally that calorie counting is more freeing because you can make more choices. I can't cope with calorie counting personally because I get obsessed and start messing about with "earning" more cals and it took over my life. But it sounds like that's where you're at anyway at the min....

Hope it works out and it settles your mind a bit chick xx

you're right amy...from when i joined (last january) pretty much until the social/xmas things started, i was angelic....always on plan and not considering anything else. but now...i just don't know.

if i could blame it on not going to class then i would...then it would be easy just to restart - but the truth was i only paid and weighed...couldn't stay for class so it's not like i was doing anything different.
this is the 10th week of doing it on my own...and i think it's cos somehow, i started thinking about the amount of calories we could eat freely..and potentially abuse. that plus some stuff at home is just wearing me down...my head is so busy all the time with one thing or another and i just can't focus on what's right!

i lost a lot of weight through calorie counting before...and before SW, i did ww but changing to sw showed me how i could eat foods differently...and i never felt deprived, i was losing weight and eating loads....and happy with everything.

today i just wanted to say i was having a break away from everything....but i know that really, i need some control.

typing this, i'm still not sure if i'm doing the right thing...but i think that might be cos i'm aware most of the things i'll be eating won't be "free" in the eyes of SW??

i'm so bloody confused... :(
been sat watching tv with my OH...first time we've had some time together properly this week...and my head is still buzzing...he just asked me what's wrong and said i had sad eyes...but i can't really tell him how i feel about it all or how much it's having an impact on me (well of course i could) he just wouldn't "get it"

if i didn't have such a big fear of piling the weight on and people seeing i've put weight on, it would be so much easier...i need to cut myself some slack and take some of the advice i've been known to give out!!

anyway...hope you're doing really well and enjoying the new place ;) x

Listen chick, SW works, WW works, calorie counting works. They all help people lose weight by focusing on different things. It's about picking the one that suits you and your lifestyle, your mindset and makes you feel comfortable.
That was SW but it isn't anymore and that's ok. Calorie counting has worked for you before, you've said yourself you lost a lot doing it. So SW worked for a while but now your head's in a different space...so what? Try not to worry- you won't pile all the weight back on because you're not planning on throwing the towel in altogether you're just making a different sensible choice.
Please cut yourself some slack chick!

Listen chick, SW works, WW works, calorie counting works. They all help people lose weight by focusing on different things. It's about picking the one that suits you and your lifestyle, your mindset and makes you feel comfortable.
That was SW but it isn't anymore and that's ok. Calorie counting has worked for you before, you've said yourself you lost a lot doing it. So SW worked for a while but now your head's in a different space...so what? Try not to worry- you won't pile all the weight back on because you're not planning on throwing the towel in altogether you're just making a different sensible choice.
Please cut yourself some slack chick!

thanks for this Amy...i hadn't really thought about it like that...that i'm not giving up on trying to lose weight altogether...just changing for a while.
def need to cut myself some slack lol....easier said than done at times though eh x

i've made another diary in the calorie counting section but will still post here too i think

food for today:

Breakfast:
fruit salad with some yog
2 crumpets with a tsp butter

Lunch:
warburtons square wrap "pizza"
(tomato puree, onion, mushroom, peppers, 25g wafer thin ham, 25g cheese)

rocket ice lolly

Dinner:
chilli con carne with 130g (cooked) basmati rice
(extra lean mince, tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, chopped toms, pepper, onion, chilli powder, oregano, beef stock pot)

Treats:
daim bar and some crisps

total is 1331 for the day leaving me with 169 if i need something before bed :D

Miss k.... breathe :)

Just live in the moment and do what you think is right without worrying If you are going to hurt sw's feelings hehe... I've done mfp before and personally I haven't done well as I start adding chocolate bars and things instead of fruit but I know a lot of people who do have success with mfp..

You could do a mfp one week and so another it's entirely up to you just see what works best for you :)

Hope you are feeling better xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Miss k.... breathe :)

Just live in the moment and do what you think is right without worrying If you are going to hurt sw's feelings hehe... I've done mfp before and personally I haven't done well as I start adding chocolate bars and things instead of fruit but I know a lot of people who do have success with mfp..

You could do a mfp one week and so another it's entirely up to you just see what works best for you :)

Hope you are feeling better xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hurt sw's feeling's...aww this made me smile - so thank you! xx

nice to see you back :D x

oooh this calorie counting malarkey might be easier for not feeling so limited....but i've already noticed being more hungry today than usual!
stuck with it though but didn't make all my usual sw foods other than soup...so maybe cos i wasn't occupied with that, i noticed it more?
anyway...eaten this today:

Breakfast:
small bowl of fruit salad with yog
1 warburtons thin with egg mayo (well, light salad cream)

Snack:
1 belvita breakfast biscuit and some cherries

Lunch:
small pack of asda sushi and some homemade soup

Dinner:
100g chicken breast, 150g sw roasties, half a veg pouch, sprouts and gravy
strawberries, 30g yog and 10g all bran choc crunch over it

going to have a freddo and a pkt of onion tayto whisps which will take me to 1316 calories for the day - leaving me with enough for a wee something before bed if i need it

not a bad day for fruit and veg...although it's weird counting and measuring it all...dunno how long this'll last lol!

hope everyone's ok x

Blimey, I step away from your diary for a few days and come back to this?!?!?

Hun, just relax and do what you feel is best. The worse thing you can do is two diets running concurrently. It is a real head feck and you will just be screwing with yourself and make a meal (pardon the pun) out of this diet business. I have said to someone else recently, a diet is something you should do, not something you are or something you immerse yourself in. Like someone else here said, they all work, its just finding something that suits you best and don't be ashamed of trying one for a while and then coming back, there are no diet police on here saying you should only stick to one - i have tried them all and it turns out that I cheat whatever diet i do! So I stopped with the dieting and opted for healthy eating and exercise, some days I do it, some days I dont - life is too short to let the little things get to you.

You seem to have it sussed for the moment, although I think I would be hungry with CCing!

xxx

Blimey, I step away from your diary for a few days and come back to this?!?!?

Hun, just relax and do what you feel is best. The worse thing you can do is two diets running concurrently. It is a real head feck and you will just be screwing with yourself and make a meal (pardon the pun) out of this diet business. I have said to someone else recently, a diet is something you should do, not something you are or something you immerse yourself in. Like someone else here said, they all work, its just finding something that suits you best and don't be ashamed of trying one for a while and then coming back, there are no diet police on here saying you should only stick to one - i have tried them all and it turns out that I cheat whatever diet i do! So I stopped with the dieting and opted for healthy eating and exercise, some days I do it, some days I dont - life is too short to let the little things get to you.

You seem to have it sussed for the moment, although I think I would be hungry with CCing!

xxx

aww you made me lol with the start of that post!
i was having a melt down over the weekend...WHERE WERE YOU??? pmsl!

anyway...i've opted with the cc for now as you've seen...i already see it has it's down side but ironically...for me who was struggling to stick to sw at the weekends there...on sunday, i "made" lunch and a big pot of chilli for dinner!

i'm gonna carry on with it for the next week or two...but the hunger might get the better of me!
i really hadn't thought of it until you lovely ladies had said i wasn't giving up...just changing and eh HELLOOOO me....THAT'S OK!!!

to be honest, i know i've been over thinking things and panicking too much...but i think it really stems from other stuff which had distracted me a bit at times and not having the oomph sometimes to cook SW style was over whelming and I felt like i wasn't doing it "right"

but i'll go with this for now...keeping optimising in mind...cos it's better taking a break away from it for this rather than taking a break from it, not bothering what i'm shovelling in then feel more sh1t when i decide to get a grip?!

as for the diet police....it's ME who's judging me isn't it!

eurgh!

hope you're doing ok...i've not been posting as much on other pages but i'm here...lurking around for a nose when i get the chance ;) x

just updating my food for the day before i do the bath/bedtime routine...

Breakfast:
boiled egg and a belvita 1st thing
small costa cappaccino, magic porridge with berries once i was there

Snack:
4 seafood sticks, 3 wm crackerbread with 30g sweet chilli philly light

Lunch:
home made soup and a kerry low low snack pack

Dinner:
pineapple stick and a salt and vinegar snack a jack while i waited on my chilli chicken noodles. this was asda GFY fresh range, was just noodles, chicken, sauce, pepper,onion, carrot, cabbage and sugar snap peas. worth the 304 cals for the lot! couldn't finish it!

Treats:
freddo and some crisps

1500 cals plus 95 for 20 mins walk.
1216 used so far giving me 284 left if i need something after my goodies and before bed! :D x

Sorry I missed the melt down and wasn't here to support you, but luckily some of your other diary friends said exactly the same as I would have.

CC, SW and WW are all proven to work and good on you for reviewing how you're feeling about SW and moving to a more suitable option. If CC is what you need right now and helps you get some focus then I think you should go for it! I found combining SW and CC together didn't work for me and I've had better losses since just sticking to one (in my case SW), like you I was completely over-thinking things and I had a tendency to get too obsessive with the cals and not eat enough. I can see how you find it a less restrictive option though than SW. Just try and make sure you fill up on the low energy density foods like salad/veggies etc so you're not too hungry.

xxx

Sorry I missed the melt down and wasn't here to support you, but luckily some of your other diary friends said exactly the same as I would have.

CC, SW and WW are all proven to work and good on you for reviewing how you're feeling about SW and moving to a more suitable option. If CC is what you need right now and helps you get some focus then I think you should go for it! I found combining SW and CC together didn't work for me and I've had better losses since just sticking to one (in my case SW), like you I was completely over-thinking things and I had a tendency to get too obsessive with the cals and not eat enough. I can see how you find it a less restrictive option though than SW. Just try and make sure you fill up on the low energy density foods like salad/veggies etc so you're not too hungry.

xxx

it's def less restrictive....but i've noticed the hunger more and that's only because i have an allowance so won't grab for something freely. trying to get the most of out my calories means that i've been eating/cooking sw things anyway lol...the irony! lol

gonna go with this just now and make sure i'm still eating superfree (not so free in my cc world right enough!) rather than doing nothing at all...just for some control and rather than saying stuff it altogether!
food optimising and the sw way of cooking seems normal to me - it def helps when cc cos there's no way i'd count calories for chips for example, when i can make my own! ;)

thanks to all of you have have kept me in check and helped me snap out of the melt down lol...if i hadn't started thinking about calories in the 1st place, i wouldn't have gotten into a state by worrying how many we could eat on a free sw day which put a spanner in the works! x

Back