Everyday's a SW day :) x

Thank you for the Dahl loaf missy :)

Draw a line under your syns at the weekend and start again. Everyday is a new day! This is life change and not a 'diet' and everyone has days where they need to let go and treat myself! I've been a bit naughty after weigh in this week and eaten a weeks worth of syns tonight... not something I would usually do but I needed it and tomorrow is a new day and a new week... there's still 7 days until the next weigh after all. Chin up and keep going hun, you're doing fab!!! xxx

Just skip weigh in this week and give yourself a week to catch up! No good beating yourself up, seeing a number on a scale and getting down over it. Just concentrate on how good the healthy food makes you feel now you're back on plan. Sometimes it's good to be off plan! I'm planning a couple of days this weekend :) x

Thank you for the Dahl loaf missy :)

Draw a line under your syns at the weekend and start again. Everyday is a new day! This is life change and not a 'diet' and everyone has days where they need to let go and treat myself! I've been a bit naughty after weigh in this week and eaten a weeks worth of syns tonight... not something I would usually do but I needed it and tomorrow is a new day and a new week... there's still 7 days until the next weigh after all. Chin up and keep going hun, you're doing fab!!! xxx

thanks girlies :D

today i have been back on it....and hasn't felt like a chore at all :)
you know how sometimes when you've had rubbish, its hard to get back on track. but you're right, it is a lifestyle so today's felt normal....the weekend, however, didn't!

i've not been too hungry and seeing as i'd had white bread and junk, i decided to take a laxative last night cos i knew i'd struggle going to the loo after the stodge...sorry for the TMI but i think it's helped in the sense that i didn't feel bloated all day (although i do a wee bit now) and the superfree/water should help me get back to normal from tomorrow...i hope :)
it's weird how before, i never really noticed stuff like that....but as soon as i stop the healthier foods, i really do notice!

spent the morning cooking up a storm - halved my dahl loaf mixture and made a small one and some onion bhaji's with the rest, 1/2 syn roulade, carrot cake porridge, rice pudding, scan bran cakes, boiled eggs and a quorn chilli which i decided i'd then turn into a lasagne. made the lunches for work tomorrow and cooked a chicken but in the end, i didn't have it for dinner, although i did keep the wee broken bits and thought i could make chicken "fried" rice tomorrow with it for lunch at work on wed :)

see....there's me planning food 2 days in advance ;) lol x

Food looking like this for today...

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog and scan bran cake
2 onion bhajis as they came out the oven lol

Snack:
slices of pink lady apple with peanut butter

Lunch:
lentil & veg soup
small pack of sushi

Dinner:
quorn chilli lasagne, sw chips and lettuce

HEb's:
hifi light/choc honey monster stick
1/2 scan bran cake and....not sure if i'll need the other half

HEa's:
1/2 mozzarella cheese - used 90g on the whole lasagne, cut into 4 means it's only 1/2 a HEa per portion...yay! ;)

Syns:
sushi - 1
peanut butter - 4
popcorn - 4

9 in total for the day

not a bad day for fruit and veg eh ;)
and only 4 syns on treats...the others were for lunch and part of a healthy snack :D

Attachments

• image-207757684.jpg
    image-207757684.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image-1793135961.jpg
    image-1793135961.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 32
  • image-3972364819.jpg
    image-3972364819.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image-3078167533.jpg
    image-3078167533.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 31
*update*
feeling a wee bit peckish so using the other half of my HEb for 2 ryvitas with some philly light before i head to bed :)

a successful day with great food choices for the day me thinks! x

Food looking good mrs! I know it sounds weird, but I tried apple with cottage cheese today and it was amazing! Filling and healthy snack. I had a sarnie and then that for dessert for lunch. Will definitley be trying again! I love peanut butter so bet it's amazing with apple have seen girls on IG putting it on banana mmmmmm x

Food looking good mrs! I know it sounds weird, but I tried apple with cottage cheese today and it was amazing! Filling and healthy snack. I had a sarnie and then that for dessert for lunch. Will definitley be trying again! I love peanut butter so bet it's amazing with apple have seen girls on IG putting it on banana mmmmmm x

i used to have toast with peanut butter and banana...not had it for years!
never thought of cottage cheese with apple...might need to give it a try!
but i really enjoyed the pb with apple...it's just a shame i need to syn 4 for a healthy snack! that or chocolate buttons....s'no right! hmmmm! lol x

Your food is looking epic! Loving the feast of cooking! Do you make Dahl loaf balls with onion to make your Bahjis? Xx

i made the rice and put the dahl and eggs in as normal but halved the mixture and made a smaller dahl loaf, then with the rest, i added some curry powder, garam masala, tumeric, onion and smash flakes to make them less gooey from the egg. then yep, rolled into balls and into the oven :)

decided i'm def not keen on tumeric though...next time i do them, i'm gonna see what they're like without it :) x

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
rice pudding with berries, banana and yog before work
egg and Q sausage wrap and skinny cappuccino later at work

Snack:
1/2 carrot cake oats with raisins and a yog

Lunch:
quorn chilli lasagne with a pile of lettuce

Dinner:
more quorn chill but this time with a baked potato and some cheese
handful of frozen cherries

HEb's:
special k chewy delight
hifi light and 17.5g oats

HEa's:
milk/cheese

Syns:
raisins - 1
milky bar - 3.5
crisps - 5.5

10 for the day in total :D

Attachments

• image-1902801217.jpg
    image-1902801217.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3812320308.jpg
    image-3812320308.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 28
  • image-2453441209.jpg
    image-2453441209.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 32
So...after trawling through everybody else's food diaries on here...i've decided to do my own.
i write everything down everyday but thought that i'd do it on here too as i've had lots of good ideas from other people's :D

i started my SW journey on the 7th January 2013 and, other than 1 night that i was out at a wedding (and ate a some buffet food) i have been on plan 100%...i just stick to it and the main reason that i think i'm able to "just stick to it" is because so far, i haven't felt deprived.
i try to eat as freely as possible through the day and very rarely use syns through the day so that i can use my syns for treats/goodies

i do either EE or green days but thinking about finding out some more about red days to maybe give it a try too?

as much as i've been 100% for the full time i've followed this, i have, unfortunately had weeks where i've had a gain. i go to weigh in every week with NO expectations and as much as we all want a loss every week....it's shown me that sometimes, our bodies just do different things....and they sometimes show a gain when we've NOT done anything "wrong" or "been bad"

the one time i was over my syns...i stayed the same at WI...ironic really lol...but the biggest thing for me is that having spent years trying one "diet" or another, i never leave class after the gain thinking "stuff this, i've starved all week and for what!?...that's it, i'm just going to have the massive blow out that i wanted"

i'm sure many can relate to that...i've spent years feeling guilty about food or constantly thinking about it and i'm so pleased to say that now following this plan, has changed that for me...

the only thing i think about, food wise, is what will i make for dinner...or what do we have on tomorrow so what will i make, time wise?

it might not sound a major thing to some but it took me 17 days of being on this plan to realise that i hadn't thought about food in the same way at all....YAY!!!
:party0011:

anyway...i'm going to start with my diary so far from today...not sure if i will update it as i go, or edit the post before bed each night...but either way... i'm gonna do it.. ;)

so today.... EE for me:

breakfast:
fruit salad with a yog over it.
(my fruit salad consisted of some tangerine, banana, grapes, blueberries, strawberries and pineapple and it was LUSH! i kept some aside to have in the afternoon before i went out)

lunch:
big plate of salad made with lettuce, tomato, spring onion, peppers and sweetcorn. had some cottage cheese, cooked ham, a boiled egg and a few seafood sticks cut up and thrown on top.
again...this was nice!

late afternoon, i had a snack of some left over fruit salad/yog with scan bran before we went out

dinner:
(super tender!) beef brisket with some sw roasties, carrots, brussel sprouts, peas and sweetcorn

HE A = little cheddar stick which is 20g plus 1 e/l laughing cow cheese triangle
HE B = rocky road hi fi and 1 slice of wholemeal bread

syns: 11 for the day:
1 on some gravy
0.5 on a slice of scan bran cake
mint aero bubbles biscuit - 5
special k crisps - 4.5

Fantastic, subscribed to follow your journey for inspiration, hospe you dont mind

Food looking like this for today...

DAY - GREEN

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog and scan bran cake
2 onion bhajis as they came out the oven lol

Snack:
slices of pink lady apple with peanut butter

Lunch:
lentil & veg soup
small pack of sushi

Dinner:
quorn chilli lasagne, sw chips and lettuce

HEb's:
hifi light/choc honey monster stick
1/2 scan bran cake and....not sure if i'll need the other half

HEa's:
1/2 mozzarella cheese - used 90g on the whole lasagne, cut into 4 means it's only 1/2 a HEa per portion...yay! ;)

Syns:
sushi - 1
peanut butter - 4
popcorn - 4

9 in total for the day

not a bad day for fruit and veg eh ;)
and only 4 syns on treats...the others were for lunch and part of a healthy snack :D

This food looks awesome... Just been reading through your journey, and can totally get you, I lost 5 stone a good few years ago (all back on and more besides) its taken me about my 5 th attempt to get my head in a place where I can devote some time to me. I feel like you did in the early days that I am on this 100% but there may be times when I waver but I'll deal with it as it comes. Well done for getting back on plan and as someone else said on your thread its healthy eating for life not a diet forget the weekly weigh in that doesn't matter, what matters is how far you have come. Sending hugs

Fantastic, subscribed to follow your journey for inspiration, hospe you dont mind

This food looks awesome... Just been reading through your journey, and can totally get you, I lost 5 stone a good few years ago (all back on and more besides) its taken me about my 5 th attempt to get my head in a place where I can devote some time to me. I feel like you did in the early days that I am on this 100% but there may be times when I waver but I'll deal with it as it comes. Well done for getting back on plan and as someone else said on your thread its healthy eating for life not a diet forget the weekly weigh in that doesn't matter, what matters is how far you have come. Sending hugs

aww thank you so much! and nooo...i don't mind at all...the more the merrier :D

losing weight...it's so hard at times but this definitely feels more like a life change

i also lost a lot of weight years ago - healthy eating/calorie counting but over the years, and with junk food...well...you know the rest! lol

i don't think there are many "diets" that i haven't tried but for me, SW is great in the sense that it's so clever - the way we food optimise and have what looks and feels like naughty foods...but they are healthy!

my first year, i was angelic! this, year, i have struggled at times but the good thing is, after a day or two of rubbish, i feel rubbish and crave getting back to, what is now, normal :)
it does take a lot of preparation and at times, i feel like i'm never done cooking/preparing stuff just to make sure i'm on plan...but it is worth it ;)

have you done SW before or is this something new?x

Last edited:
DAY - EE

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog and cous cous
skinny cappuccino

Snack:
small sushi pack and a yog

Lunch:
chicken "fried" rice

Dinner:
bacon, onion and mushroom spaghetti carbonara

apple slices with peanut butter

HEb: orange hifi bar

HEa: milk in my cappuccino and a sprinkle of parmesan on my dinner

Syns:
sushi - 1
peanut butter - 4
skinny popcorn - 4

9 for the day

Attachments

• image-2924851022.jpg
    image-2924851022.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image-1892610829.jpg
    image-1892610829.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 26
  • image-1472722608.jpg
    image-1472722608.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 29
DAY - EE

Breakfast:
fruit salad with yog and cous cous
skinny cappuccino

Snack:
small sushi pack and a yog

Lunch:
chicken "fried" rice

Dinner:
bacon, onion and mushroom spaghetti carbonara

apple slices with peanut butter

HEb: orange hifi bar

HEa: milk in my cappuccino and a sprinkle of parmesan on my dinner

Syns:
sushi - 1
peanut butter - 4
skinny popcorn - 4

9 for the day
never tried couscous for breakfast.... Might have to. How was your carbonara? X

never tried couscous for breakfast.... Might have to. How was your carbonara? X

you can't really taste the cous cous once it's all mixed in with the fruit and yog. i did try it on its own, sweetened and added this or that before but didn't like it...i can take it this way tho :)

the carbonara was ok...a bit dry so i don't think i'd added enough eggs?....it was from an old sw mag and i've made it before, but yest, it seemed different.
could be that the last time i had carbonara, it was in an italian restaurant...full of cream and screaming calories...big bit different! hahaha x

Yeah that's probably it! Ha ha. See I'm not really into creamy rich sauces, make me feel a bit sick, so this is perfect. Can see why it seemed a big bland and blah tho xxx

i've made it twice before and really liked it. yesterday, i cooked less than half the pasta the recipe asked for and put 2 eggs in instead of 1.5 (the recipe to feed 4 asked for 3)
maybe i just over cooked the egg too much...but i'm funny with eggs and won't leave them runny!

a wee sprinkle of parmesan helped jazz it up a bit....and plenty of squash also ;) lol x

Back