Everyone else has got one... so now it's my turn

Back from Pizza Hut.
And although I enjoyed it, I actually haven't missed pizza as much as I thought I have.
That should sort my cravings for pizza for a few months.

I just had it in my head today that I wanted pizza, so I had pizza.
I've also wanted to eat out with the boy for about a week or so, so was nice to be back in Pizza Hut where we used to eat a lot when we first met.

We went with the £19.95 BBQ option which included unlimited salad, and large BBQ pizza (chose Italian BBQ americano as planned), wedges or wings (went with wedges with BBQ dip) and garlic bread.

Salad - I had a bowl of lettuce, with a few slices of cucumber, some grated carrot, a couple of cherry tomatoes and some apple slices.
I don't really like cucumber, grated carrot (much prefer tinned or frozen carrots to fresh) or tomatoes, but thought I'd stock a bit more in that just lettuce.
Normally I would've piled my bowl high with sweet corn, breadsticks, the gorgeous pastas, tortilla chips and all the other naughty pointed stuff. But I didn't today as I didn't want to have to use any more activity points.

Then the pizza/wedges/garlic bread arrived.
Garlic bread didn't bother me because I don't like it, but the wedges were tempting.
I resisted though and just had my 3 slices of pizza.
I did cheat a little though as the slices were unevenly sliced, so I took two bigger and one smaller slices just because they were the 3 closest to me.

The boy had 3 slices and the other two are in a box for him to take to work for lunch tomorrow, along with the garlic bread.

I also went and got another bowl of just lettuce this time to eat in between bites of pizza.

So yeah... Was nice, and I'm full and satisfied but I defo don't need pizza again any time soon.

It's a chicken tikka roll that I've got my eye on next lol

Hey Sweetie :) Isn't it funny how you want something but actually when u have it, it's not as great as u thought it would be!!! I still think your Cheesy Chip Naan sounds amazing, I can't wait for you to get to where u want to be so I can see a pic of it!!! X

Hey Sweetie :) Isn't it funny how you want something but actually when u have it, it's not as great as u thought it would be!!! I still think your Cheesy Chip Naan sounds amazing, I can't wait for you to get to where u want to be so I can see a pic of it!!! X

I totally agree. Last week I reeaaaallllllllllly wanted Chinese. By the time I'd gone and got it my tummy was hurting so only managed a mouthful lol.

Annoyance
X

Thanks Sarah.

Yeah, sat in Pizza Hut I actually said to the boy that although I was enjoying the pizza, I'd much prefer Chinese.
Chinese is something I really enjoy when I get chance to eat it.
And think the boy is planning on having a night in with his family for his birthday and ordering in Indian and Chinese.
I don't like Indian, which is why he's getting Chinese in too.
I said don't get Chinese just for me, but apparently his mum would prefer Chinese as well.
So that's alright.
It'll be the first time I'll be meeting his family.
Only 9 months into the relationship haha.
But it's cuz he doesn't live at home and see his mum very often, not because he's keeping me a secret haha

Ooohhh exciting! When is it that your meeting them? Are you nervous? How many of them will be there?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooohhh exciting! When is it that your meeting them? Are you nervous? How many of them will be there?

Middle of September.
His birthday is actually the same day as my sister's haha.
I'm a little nervous, but I think he's more nervous because of all the questions they'll ask him haha.
I think it'll be his mum, stepdad, 2 sisters, their boyfriends and possibly his niece.
I don't think his brother will be there.
It's gonna be really weird.
I know he's got siblings, but to meet them is gonna be odd because I just think of him as just him cuz he's the baby.

Ooh meeting the boyfriends family is a bit nerve wracking :p I met my boyfriends WHOLE family when we all went on holiday to Center Parcs together last December! So I was thrown in at the deep end but they are all lovely so it was fine :) We'd been going out for 6 months before I met his family as they are from Hull and my boyfriend moved down here a couple of years ago.

God there's enough of them coming! I was so nervous aswell we were only going out 2months when his mam rang me to see if I'd go down to them! Be prepared for all the questions! You will be grand you seem like a confident and outgoing person just be yourself and itl go like a dream

Oooooo Emma, how exciting for you! Don't go slurping those noodles or getting sweet n sour on your chin ;-) How's your day been Sweetie? X

AHA!
Chopsticks?!
Elegant?!
Yeah right...

And luckily I don't like rice, so that won't be an issue.
I think I'll order chips instead of chow mein because noodles are definitely messy haha.
But I do love a chicken chow mein.

Mmmm.
Just thinking about it now is making me want one.

My day has been ok thanks.
Popped into morrisons on my way home from work and picked up a 2 pack of birds eye reggae reggae chargrilled chicken breasts for £1.
Discovered they were only 4pp each. Bargain.
So had that with a box of mccains micro chips and some shredded swede & carrot that grandma sent home, covered in 15g of Hellmann's lighter than light mayo.
I love that you can have up to 26g of LTL mayo for 0pp!
And for those that love salad cream - morrisons own salad cream for like 26p - you get more grams for 0pp than any of the expensive brands, including the "light" versions. Redonkulous.

The chicken breast was yummy, but burned my mouth off haha.

Also picked up a pack of m savers breaded chicken burgers for 4pp each and an m saves tuna pasta bake for 10pp - I had one the other night and loved it so bought another one.
A bit higher than I'd normally spend on a ready meal, but it was really big and really yummy.

I seem to slowly be moving on from ready meals and creating my own dinners.
Nothing advanced - just stuff like veggie nuggets or fish fingers or chicken burgers or turkey jetters or fish cakes and then finishing them off with micro chips or ww onion & potato patties and sometimes a bit of veg.
I think that's definitely an improvement.

I'm never gonna be a proper cook, but I do like that I can put together a meal now.
And I prefer things that can be pointed per item rather than per grams, because weighing is just a pita haha.

Hope everyone's well =D

AHA!
Chopsticks?!
Elegant?!
Yeah right...

And luckily I don't like rice, so that won't be an issue.
I think I'll order chips instead of chow mein because noodles are definitely messy haha.
But I do love a chicken chow mein.

Mmmm.
Just thinking about it now is making me want one.

My day has been ok thanks.
Popped into morrisons on my way home from work and picked up a 2 pack of birds eye reggae reggae chargrilled chicken breasts for £1.
Discovered they were only 4pp each. Bargain.
So had that with a box of mccains micro chips and some shredded swede & carrot that grandma sent home, covered in 15g of Hellmann's lighter than light mayo.
I love that you can have up to 26g of LTL mayo for 0pp!
And for those that love salad cream - morrisons own salad cream for like 26p - you get more grams for 0pp than any of the expensive brands, including the "light" versions. Redonkulous.

The chicken breast was yummy, but burned my mouth off haha.

Also picked up a pack of m savers breaded chicken burgers for 4pp each and an m saves tuna pasta bake for 10pp - I had one the other night and loved it so bought another one.
A bit higher than I'd normally spend on a ready meal, but it was really big and really yummy.

I seem to slowly be moving on from ready meals and creating my own dinners.
Nothing advanced - just stuff like veggie nuggets or fish fingers or chicken burgers or turkey jetters or fish cakes and then finishing them off with micro chips or ww onion & potato patties and sometimes a bit of veg.
I think that's definitely an improvement.

I'm never gonna be a proper cook, but I do like that I can put together a meal now.
And I prefer things that can be pointed per item rather than per grams, because weighing is just a pita haha.

Hope everyone's well =D

I love to weigh ;-) The Kitchen Scales are my best friend! If I went in the cupboard and the battery had ran out, I wouldn't actually be able to eat until it was replaced! Please Emma, do tell me what the hell is a Turkey Jetter?!? X

I love to weigh ;-) The Kitchen Scales are my best friend! If I went in the cupboard and the battery had ran out, I wouldn't actually be able to eat until it was replaced! Please Emma, do tell me what the hell is a Turkey Jetter?!? X

A Turkey Jetter?!
Like Turkey Dinosaurs... but in the shape of aeroplanes haha.
The Birds Eye ones?!?!

Yeah... I do weigh a lot like condiments, puddings, some veg and stuff, but I'd rather have a box of mccains micro chips for 4pp than weigh out 100g of ww chips for 5pp.
Or 2 weetabix for 3pp than weighing out cereal for an certain amount of pp.
I'm just too lazy.
As I was saying to Ciara - I haven't had pasta or jacket potatoes since starting ww because I just cba to weigh them out haha

A Turkey Jetter?!
Like Turkey Dinosaurs... but in the shape of aeroplanes haha.
The Birds Eye ones?!?!

Yeah... I do weigh a lot like condiments, puddings, some veg and stuff, but I'd rather have a box of mccains micro chips for 4pp than weigh out 100g of ww chips for 5pp.
Or 2 weetabix for 3pp than weighing out cereal for an certain amount of pp.
I'm just too lazy.
As I was saying to Ciara - I haven't had pasta or jacket potatoes since starting ww because I just cba to weigh them out haha

Ha Ha Ha! I'm addicted to my McCain Oven Chips for 3pp, makes for a decent accompaniment and so few pp too. X

Ha Ha Ha! I'm addicted to my McCain Oven Chips for 3pp, makes for a decent accompaniment and so few pp too. X

Yeah... I need to find these 3pp oven chips.
I'm pretty sure I've finally run out of micro chips, so could buy some oven chips, but they're just so convenient and I haven't really got room in my freezer for a bag of chips cuz I keep filling it up with ice cream/desserts and ready meals.
Need to eat what I've got before buying more.
Oops.
Hehe

3pp for mc cains oven chips? No way that's amazeballs I haven't had them yet but for 3pp they would be beta than bns chips for 0pp! Are they soggy or are they ok

Yeah... I need to find these 3pp oven chips.
I'm pretty sure I've finally run out of micro chips, so could buy some oven chips, but they're just so convenient and I haven't really got room in my freezer for a bag of chips cuz I keep filling it up with ice cream/desserts and ready meals.
Need to eat what I've got before buying more.
Oops.
Hehe

3pp for mc cains oven chips? No way that's amazeballs I haven't had them yet but for 3pp they would be beta than bns chips for 0pp! Are they soggy or are they ok

The McCain Oven Chips come in either a 907g Bag (around £1.75 when not on offer) or 1.81kg Bag (around £3.30 when not on offer). 100g Frozen and laid on a Tray to cook do not go soggy at all. I always bit the 1.81kg bag when it's on offer for £2/2.50 as it lasts AGES! X

What are the micro chips like

Back