EveryRose ~ Counting calories to success

So do you think I'm not eating enough then?

Okay. What I reckon.

1. If you are happy with nutracheck, then stick with it...but as with any calorie counting software, check every now and again with the label, especially if it's something you are eating regularly.
  2. Keep an eye on other software and sign up for their freebies if possible. That way you can be sure of finding the one that suits you, and also see if there's a big variation with the number of calories they suggest.
  3. Most of these websites already take into account day to day living....the walk to the local shops, pottering around the house etc. WLR would class that as moderately sedentary.
    Moderately active would be if you have a job that keeps you on your feet all day, or if you are an active parent to toddlers.
    Make sure you have your level set correctly.
  4. Other activity on top of that ie...you've just run a marathon :D, you should add on at least half the calories earnt so as not to go into starvation mode.
  5. Drink 2L of something ;)
  6. Count everything....weigh correctly. If the software has food plans, use them to make up combinations of foods...ie breakfast cereal, milk, cup of tea, piece of fruit etc. Just so you can enter it in one click.
  7. Try to include your 5 F&V and 3 wholegrains.
  8. Never go under 1,100 calories. If you want to eat over your allotted amount, earn some calories in exercise.
  9. Stick to it ;) Try not to get discouraged. It really is rare to not be able to lose on ...say ...1,300 cals.

Really hope the scales move for your soon everyrose

Thanks KD, that is really encouraging :)

I'll stick with Nutracheck then and keep checking.

I must admit that I am guesstimating weight of food at the moment as I am yet to get some kitchen scales (will get some this week).

So do you think I'm not eating enough then?

Sorry, what I meant was that some seem to think your calories from that site may be lower than in real life (I cannot confirm or deny this). All I'm saying is that if it does turn out they are not correct and means you are taking in more than 1200 a day don't worry about it as you will be burning about 200/300 calories per day without trying.

Plus if that site is working for you, why change?

I must admit that I am guesstimating weight of food at the moment as I am yet to get some kitchen scales (will get some this week).

Good idea. Guesstimating isn't to be recommended at the beginning. Make sure you get a set of scales that you can just keep adding things too and flat based. That way you can put your plate on it, press clear, weigh food, press clear, add next item.

It's so easy that way. I used to just dish up and weigh at the same time.

Sorry, what I meant was that some seem to think your calories from that site may be lower than in real life (I cannot confirm or deny this). All I'm saying is that if it does turn out they are not correct and means you are taking in more than 1200 a day don't worry about it as you will be burning about 200/300 calories per day without trying.

Plus if that site is working for you, why change?

Ahh got you, yeh I never exceed 1300 a day anyway and they say 1424 a day (which I can't do LOL).

Good idea. Guesstimating isn't to be recommended at the beginning. Make sure you get a set of scales that you can just keep adding things too and flat based. That way you can put your plate on it, press clear, weigh food, press clear, add next item.

It's so easy that way. I used to just dish up and weigh at the same time.

That is a great idea! Okay I'm off to Argos tomorrow I think!

Went out for a meal last night in Nandos with the girls, I was very good and had a chicken cous cous salad, which was very nice and filling. Then we went to this icecream parlor place and I had an indian type sundae, wasn't keen but had it anyway.

After we said goodbye, I jumped onto a bus with one of my friends and I went to my mums house (she was local) and whilst I was there I sneakily weighed myself...14st 9.2

So it looks like I've lost another 1lb if the 2oz come off by Wednesday!

Yay me!

ARGHHHH what a day!!!

We went to Bromley today, got a few things, had a Maccy D's and then headed off to Sainsbury to so some shopping.

Went to the bus stop, sat down on one of the benches...turned our backs for a minute and Rob (6.5yrs) was gone...he was the other end of the road where the buses stop and he was laying down on the bench.

Mark (DP) went over to get him...but Rob was stuck!!

OMG!!

Mark came back over to me saying Rob was stuck in the bench, I got the buggy with Harry (1) Isabella (3) and Billy (4.5) over to where Rob was and I tried getting him out...he wouldn't budge!

Mark went to the firestation down the road to get help.

Then two blokes from the public came over to help...then half of Bromley came over to see what was happening, by this time I was in floods of tears and people were hugging me and telling me it was going to be okay.

A lady called 999.

Rob was crying and telling these two blokes to stop pulling him cos these blokes were hurting him :(

Then the emergancy services arrived, 2 fire engines and an ambulance!

The firemen first unbolted the seat but that didn't do any good so out came the metal cutters (the same ones they use to cut cars open with!)

Rob was being much calmer with the firebrigade there, he was doing better than I was, I couldn't stop crying!

A lady who was in hospital with her little boy the same time Billy was when he was a baby recognised me and she looked after me as I was in a right mess by then.

After about 10mins the firemen managed to cut the seat and free Rob, then Rob went into the fire engine to have a look around which I thought was a lovely thing for them to do.

He didn't need to go to hospital so the ambulance took details and went away.

Then we went to a different bus stop and Mark went over the main road to see if he could get a bottle of juice for the kids and told Rob to stay with me...he said no and almost got knocked down by a moving car!!!

That boy is going to be the death of me I swear!!!

Okay I haven't writen my food diary in here for a few days...

Saturday I had a bad day of eating

Breakfast
Rice Snaps ~ 175 cals
Coffee ~ 19 cals

Lunch
Nothing

Snack
Apple ~ 47 cals

Dinner
Nando's chicken cous cous salad ~ ? cals
Icecream sundea (indian style no idea what it was but it was horrible LOL) ~ ? cals
Pure orange juice ~ 107 cals

Sunday 1st June

Better day yesterday

Breakfast
Coffee ~ 19 cals

Lunch
McDOnalds Grilled Chicken Salad ~ 396 cals
McDonalds Cappuccino ~ 106 cals

Snack
2 x Kalloo rice cakes ~ 56 cals
1 Laughing Cow Light triangle ~ 25 cals

Dinner
Weight Watchers Beef Hotpot ~ 201 cals
Birds Eye steamed veg bag ~ 40 cals
2 x Hovis Wheatgerm bread ~ 168 cals
Can't Believe It's Not Butter ~ 62 cals
Coffee ~ 19 cals

Snack
Sainsbury's Melon. Freshly prepared ~ 56 cals
Green Tea with lemon ~ 0 cals

Total

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I bought a pair of scales yesterday from Argos, weighed my cereal this morning and realised I wasn't having enough before LOL but I put 130ml of milk on rather than 125ml, it came out too fast oops.
Never mind I'm sure 5ml extra won't cause any harm LOL

Quite an odd story there....I bet in future years you will be telling him how he made you cry and all he will remember is the fact he got to look around a fire engine! :D

LOL yeh, he's always getting himself into some sort of bother.

Kids, who'd 'ave 'em?

Monday 02 June

Breakfast
Tesco Rice Snaps & Ss Milk 175
Sainsbury's Pure Green Tea 0 cals

Lunch
Ryvita Original [4x] Slice ~ 112 cals
Sainsbury's Basics Wafer Thin Ham [4x] Slice ~ 28 cals
Laughing Cow Light 16 Cheese Spread Portions [2x] Portion ~ 50 cals
Cucumber, Raw ~ 0 cals

Snack
Kallo Organic Thick Slice Rice Cakes [3x] ~ 84 cals
Sainsbury's Strawberry Jam ~ 38 cals

Dinner
Tesco Steak Pie 1/4 Pie ~ 417 cals
Baked Beans, Canned In Tomato Sauce 1/2 Large Can ~ 170 cals
Tesco New Potatoes 238g ~ 176 cals
Coffee ~ 19cals

Total:
1269 cals

Well I must be doing something right, I have lost 3lb this week!!:party0049:

Hello Jo, I thought I recognised your username! Looks like you are doing fab, keep it up!

S xx

(Saz, mum to Ellie and Harrison)

Woo! Well done :D

Back