Evil weevil's diary - 5st gone!

2.5 stone in 9 weeks is incredible! You must be chuffed to bits :) Of course, with all your hard work and good food choices you earned it... enjoy xx

Weel done! 2 and half stone that's brilliant! keep up the good work xxxx:)

Well, I'm on my first proper days off where I'm not travelling and have nothing to do other than nice things, in about a month.

Yesterday I rode my horses, cleared out and hoovered my car then washed it inside & out by hand then had BBQ #1 - 4 thin gourmet sausages and a pork chop, with loooads of salad, then a small bowl of blueberries and strawberries. Same tonight with steak instead of pork and I can't wait! I will be burning off the extra calories today walking around our local country fair all afternoon and riding again :) perfect weekend.

Off to the charity shop with a big bag full of goodies again later, it's so good to be reducing the number of clothes cluttering up my life although there's still plenty to go yet! My wardrobe of s14 is quite large so getting rid of all of those in a few months will make a big difference.

What a mad few days that was! I have got a stinker of a chest infection so feeling VERY rough, not helped by having to take steroids, antibiotics and lots of ventolin.

Saturday went as planned - I burnt off the BBQ calories just fine, had a perfect day. Sunday back on plan while I packed my life up, then Monday I got poorly :( steroids made me VERY hungry so on the ferry I had half a roast chicken with salad and a few baked beans. The waitress kept trying to tempt me with chips, cake and biscuits but I resisted and just had a sweetened tea. I felt absolutely rotten but managed to get myself and the horses to my mum's without incident. Up early yesterday to check on the girls and I still felt pants but just had a bit of extra chicken. Was up at the yard all day pottering around so will have burnt off some calories but Dad then insisted in us going out for my birthday so I had a tandoori mixed grill.

All the food I've had is now sitting in my stomach very heavily - I am looking forward to the next 7 days at work!

Will miss my weigh in on Friday as I'm in the hotel again, probably a good thing as it gives me time to clear out my guts and lose any water weight from the steroids.

Good news today - been told I've got the job transfer I applied for, so will be moving back to Yorkshire in the next couple of months.

I will still be seconded to London & living in hotels until October, but it'll be great to go to my new job as a fit skinny minny :D

Feeling much better today - don't feel that I need my steroids tonight, for the first time since last Friday. Hurrah!

Missed my weigh in today. Boo hiss! So I'm doing a rundown of non-weight benefits instead.

My arms feel better this week - no idea whether I'm imagining it or not! Definitely think my thighs are looking better. Stomach is still saggy enough to fail the pencil test but I definitely look better in my work trousers.

Did my legs and eyebrows last night, may as well pamper myself while I've got the time - will do some more tomorrow morning! My face always looks miles better for having shaped eyebrows - I don't do make up and can't do a flattering hairstyle at work (has to be in a bun) so it's a relatively easy way to give myself a boost.

Going out in London on Saturday night - will have a couple of vodkas as usual, and probably a ham salad or some chicken to give me extra energy & staying power as it'll be a long night!

Survived the night out - rolled in at 9am :sign0007:, my friends had tried to get me to have sugary drinks for energy but I ignored them and coped just fine! Have had a ketogenic meal yesterday and today but feeling good.

Looking forwards to weighing in on Friday, it can't come quickly enough!

Weighing in tomorrow, missed last week so with a bit of luck this will be a half decent drop! Had a quite active couple of days off, wish I could have a lie in but will be up early tomorrow to sort horses before going to London for a late shift, then 3 early shifts in a row but home for 3 days and will insist on a lie in on at least one day!

Have changed to 4 days on/3 days off at work, so more time at home where it is more difficult to stick to the diet but it should be better for my energy levels. Dad is on atkins now, so any food being cooked is at least more diet friendly for me but he seems to have accepted that I'm not joining in family meal time.

5lb gone over the last fortnight :) 40lb in 11 weeks. 6 weeks to the wedding, so I should be somewhere between 11st 4 and 10st 12 by then. Squeeee! Back on the train to London now, but will be home Monday night.

Had a quick trying on session this morning - back in to my (generous) size 12 work shirts comfortably, into (generous) size 12 work trousers at a squeeze and comfortably in to my size 14 'work' trousers that I bought myself and a couple of other pairs of 14s, but not the tesco jeans - they won't even fully go over my thighs. :dizzy: Charity shop pile is growing ever larger!

Last edited:
Thanks :D it has slowed down a bit but I'm back in the green tea habit to see if I can kick start things - I've been having normal tea in the hotel with a bit of milk so have got to stop that naughty habit *slaps wrists*. You're doing fantastically yourself - two stone gone already, it seems only yesterday you joined us :D

Tried on my old M&S size 12 jeans (probably more like a 14-16) last night and they go on OK - big muffin top but I can hide that when slobbing round the house. Can't bend down ever so well though :lol:

Charity shop pile keeps growing - things that I kept on my last weeding of the wardrobe I now don't ever want to wear again even as I'm slimming down, so others can benefit instead. Found my old favourite jumper, full of holes, covered in pulled bits & ever so baggy but it made me happy so wearing it now! Going to wear it for a little while but only round the house while it stays cold - by the time autumn rolls around it will be even more ridiculously big so it will be going for rags but it's nice to give it a last hurrah.

Just been to asda to get the ingredients for low-carb 'bread' Oopsie Rolls for my dad & my brother's girlfriend who are both on atkins, and walked there rather than getting the bus. It's only a mile away, but I power walked the whole way, so that I was making myself very slightly out of breath rather than going at a comfortable pace. No idea how long it took me, but it felt good. MFP says it was 84 calories or so if it took 20 minutes and that's probably about right as it's a bit further away than my old school which was 20 minutes.

Hi weevil, you are doing so well, I bet you are really pleased with your loss so far! keep up the good work :D

Back