Evil weevil's diary - 5st gone!

Bit better rested today at last!! 5 mile walk done, I had intended to do 20 minutes of run-walk intervals on the treadmill at the hotel when I got back (I can't run on tarmac cos of my duff foot) but it was broken.

Bought 4x 36D bras today :) should last me a while now I hope, need to get the next 2 stone from my stomach and legs!!

I am vaguely thinking of aiming to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge next year as something to spur me on to keep going with the walking and running, but need to see how my foot copes with increased exercise first.

Less hungry today which is good. Supposed to be having a few drinks later but need to keep up the sleep so that the hunger stays away!

Got a bar to have for my tea later on but I may go buy a pack of ham instead.

-2lb this week :)

Did some longer walks in the last week, didn't manage so much running though. Had a couple of more carby days (about 100g in total) but exercised to offset it. Friend has been staying the last two days and we managed to be really good food wise the vast majority of the time, just one treat meal :) still had a fabulous time with her.

Not having many exante products at the moment, mostly salads with good protein & healthy fats.

Last edited:
Good morning Weevil, am way behind with your diary!

You're doing amazing! Well done on dropping into the next stone bracket and those size 10 jeans will be fab inspiration to get into the next one!

Also am in awe at you contemplating the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge xx

Still here. Had 3 weeks off exante, on ~100g carbs and ~1300kcal a day, and maintained at 10st 10 - no water gain. Didn't feel deprived of food, earned more calories through exercise some days which meant I could have a couple of treats, and generally relaxed a little as living out of a suitcase for work was getting to me.

I've gotten to week 5 of couch to 5k, and will be doing my first 20 minute jog tomorrow - eek! Signed up for the AgeUK 'wrap up and run' 10k at Harewood House in March with a few friends and am really looking forward to it, it's a big incentive to keep up the exercise over the winter. Not a big ask, just 30-45 minutes twice a week and 60-90 once a week.

Now on a week's leave at home before my LAST week in London from next Monday-Saturday :D, so have been back on mostly-exante & already lost 3lb :) so now at a lovely 10st 7 which is BMI 28.7.

Same again - been eating healthily, carrying on with the running and generally just trying to maintain. I put a bit of water weight back on, then carried on maintaining effortlessly at 10st 10lb. Went on holiday for ten days and still maintained. Go me!

My updated photo with the kids: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151163262616843&l=c797593cfa I am SO chuffed to small pieces! Oh yes, had all my hair cut off, too ;)

Now in size 10-12 clothes, which is great! I want to be 8-10 - because I'm so short that is the very top of normal for me.

Unfortunately on 23 October I was admitted to hospital with osteomyelitis in my bionic foot :( so 2 weeks of hospital food and an ongoing course of strong antibiotics later, I'm now having to be very careful about what, and how much, I eat because I can't do very much exercise. So far I've lost 6lb easily as I have no appetite. I'll be incorporating my remaining exante products in to my diet every so often, but I need to eat probiotic food so they're not top of the list.

I'm aiming for 8 stone 12 - 20lb to go.

Last edited:
Good morning Weevil. Wow look at you! You've done and look amazing hun, well done.

Had to google osteomyelitis, sounds very painful. Hope you recover fully soon and good luck with the final part of your journey xx

Hello Hun can't see the pic :( but you have done so amazing nevertheless -maintaining through holiday and everything!!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can see the pic now and you look very very fab! cute kiddies and doggie too :) xx

Thanks all :D

Dropped another 2lb - now 18lb to go to target. The lowest I got on lipotrim was 9st 7, so I'm 9lb from that. The foot is doing well - I started running again today. Just 4 minutes, and all on flat grass, but it was lovely to be out and moving again! Mustn't get carried away, but weight bearing exercise helps the healing.

Oh, and the love life is looking up ;) - going on my fourth date with a lovely lady I first met 5 years ago but hadn't seen until a few weeks ago, later this week. Squee!

That's fantastic - you are doing so well with the weight loss!!! And glad your love life is looking good at the mo, can make all the difference can't it! xx

Put your flipping foot up woman - do you want to end up back in hospital?

Was gunna PM you or text you about Exante, have been pondering weight very thoughtfully for a couple of weeks, cos I'm just maintaining the same weight trying to do SW, and the time I actually lost a decent amount of weight was when I did Cambridge back in 2007/2008, but I can't manage to get to a Cambridge counsellor now I've got Lu to collect from the childminders every night, so I'm going to have a go at Exante. You are inspirational, and I've done it before, so I can do it again.

Interesting what you said about the carbs in Exante, if I can't get into ketosis on 60g a day then I think I will have to follow your lead and have 2 packs and a meal of salad and an egg or something.

Exciting about the love life, she's a lucky lady :)

You can do it, E! Just make sure you take a good vit/min supplement if you're not getting 3 packs a day.

2 more pounds gone this morning which makes me TEN STONE! I have now lost a third of my starting bodyweight. 12lb until I'm normal, 16lb to target.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151169167611843&l=6ee0ddd2e3 please excuse the hair, it does its own fluffy thing if left untamed and unless I'm going out I can't be bothered taming it!

Last edited:
WOW! Just WOW! To lose one third of your body weight is just amazing, well done Weevil xx :clap:

You're inspirational Weevil :)

well done Weevil you have done amazing!:)

Back