Evilpenguin's food diary

Uuuughhhhhhhhhh so hungover today. We managed to finish off over a litre of vodka, a bottle of cava and a bottle of sourz last night :( oh god. Good night but feeling rough today!

I weighed myself yesterday and was 19st 2lbs so have put on quite a bit these last couple of weeks. Gonna get back on it tomorrow! Just need to stay away from those bloody flapjacks :( why are they so tasty?! I've also become addicted to This Water, which is like 150 calories a bottle :( they must load it with sugar because all that's in it is fruit ffs! I suppose it's not too bad, I'd only have one every couple of days anyway, so maybe won't cut that out lol.

Hoping that the enthusiasm and motivation for dieting comes back soon. Maybe if I stick to it for a few days I'll just start feeling it again. 10 weeks til Xmas so making that my first goal, lose 10lbs by Xmas! :D

So I am still alive. Pleased to report a 2lb loss this week, so down to 19st bang on, after following the stressed out diet! Been forgetting to eat, then overeating to compensate, then drinking lots of alcohol. Not good.

Anyway, been back on plan (calorie counting) for 3 days now, although yesterday I ate some lamb samosas and onion rings and chocolate pretzels which probably took me over calories, but I didn't record any of it so I've no idea :rolleyes:

Haven't had my "I want to lose weight" epiphany yet, but sticking with it and hoping for the best. Finding it hard to find the time to cook actual meals, so the bf is getting annoyed as he's doing all the cooking. I would rather spend the hour doing maths revision than stand in the kitchen cooking :confused: it seems like a waste of precious study time. I skipped uni today so that I could actually get some studying done. Sometimes it feels like a waste of time being there when I could be at home writing up notes, revising for assessments and printing off all the crap I need to print off! It sounds stupid but honestly, I get more done at home than I do in the classroom. My doodling skills are coming along nicely though thanks to one pointless class (even the lecturer has no idea what we're actually meant to be learning :confused:)

Been studying psychology since about half 9 this morning, realised about 15 mins ago that I was starving so I took a break from it and had some porridge and came on here to post this! (Just incase you thought I was skiving...)

Will try to post next WI results if I remember to weigh myself next week :rolleyes: will hopefully be back in the 18s!

I have been pretty AWOL from minimins lately too but like to pop in and see how people getting on (mostly life wise rather than weight loss lol !) good on you getting back into it x

Hi!
I've spotted your diary a few times because I LOVE your name :D Thought I'd say hello. I've read the first two and the last two pages lol. Sounds like you're very, very hectic at the moment. Not surprised you're not finding time to cook or eat with all the Uni stuff going on. Take care.x

I have been pretty AWOL from minimins lately too but like to pop in and see how people getting on (mostly life wise rather than weight loss lol !) good on you getting back into it x

You have a good excuse for going awol though chick! Buying a house must be pretty hectic! xx

Hi!
I've spotted your diary a few times because I LOVE your name :D Thought I'd say hello. I've read the first two and the last two pages lol. Sounds like you're very, very hectic at the moment. Not surprised you're not finding time to cook or eat with all the Uni stuff going on. Take care.x

Hiya :D thanks for stopping by! Yeah, things are hectic and I'm stressed out :(! xx

Not really been on plan since my last post tbh. I tried though, had decent dinners this week instead of pizza (had pheasant the other night, felt so posh until I almost swallowed a piece of lead :rolleyes:) but I did actually have pizza for dinner yesterday :eek:

I am addicted to pizza ffs :( My friend was telling me that when you don't eat properly, you're more likely to want to eat junk food because your body needs a quick boost of energy (because the crap you ate earlier didn't do the trick), so rather than having to bother with the digestion of healthier foods like pastas, meats, fish etc, your body goes "oh look a sausage roll, that'll do!" which then also doesn't do the trick, and the cycle continues.....:( so I think to get back on plan, I actually have to eat healthily even if I don't want to. That sounds so stupid haha! I know what I mean.. I need to ignore the cravings (even if it has been a really bad day, or those bloody revision notes are useless, or it's Tuesday so why not, or any other excuse I might come up with:eek:)

Ok so today I ate a nutri grain elevenses for breakfast, then for lunch I had a chicken sandwich that I made myself - no shop bought crap, then I had a handful of foamy bananas (also addicted to these), and thought I'd done ok, that's not a bad start to a healthy eating day is it? Got to about 3pm and was picking up stuff for dinner tonight (which we haven't eaten yet because of the following information...) and ended up buying an "aromatic duck" wrap which was mostly tortilla and cucumber.. didn't check calories cos I'm an arse but figured I could find it on MFP later. Got home, was still hungry so ate 2 penguin biscuits, a danish pastry, 2 waffle things that weigh a tonne but take 2 secs to eat and some more foamy bananas :eek:.. safe to say I didn't bother with the MFP diary today.

So it's like almost midnight and I haven't eaten anything 'real' today, so I will wake up tomorrow feeling like absolute crap like I have done every day these last few weeks, probably sleep in (because that's a thing I do now) and will regret it all but will still probably end up eating similar crap again tomorrow :confused:

I feel like a bloody lost cause. I know only I can change things, but there's this idiot stuck in my head who won't let me!! I think... basically... I bought loads of new clothes, because my old ones were hideous and I was chuffed about getting into 24s, a couple of 22s, and I had money to burn... so now I have all these new clothes and I feel confident in them, it's like my whole reason for losing weight is gone because I don't need to be a size 12 to wear what I want to? Well I still do feel like that but it's not as strong as it was before :confused:

I just feel horrible.. I ache everywhere, I wake up tired after 8 bloody hours of sleep! I can't even get up in the mornings, slept in too many times recently. I can barely get around uni without feeling like I'm about to die from exhaustion. I feel mentally unwell too, like constantly down and moody. My get up and go has got up and went :(

I thought maybe writing down the brutal honesty of my life just now would help, maybe spark something in me to stop this bullshit, but nah. I can't get my motivation back :sigh:

Anyway. I need to lose weight or I'll die, basically. Maybe not tomorrow but certainly earlier than I want to. Eating unhealthily reminds me of smoking a bit, you know you should stop but it's so bloody hard. Then you go so long being smoke free until one night you get drunk and buy 20, smoke 10 on the night out and can't justify chucking the rest away the next day so you just keep smoking! Like buying a kebab and eating the leftovers for breakfast :( sort of...

Tomorrow I will eat my usual nutri grain for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, only in uni for 1 class so shouldn't be hungry whilst I'm there (but will be armed with more nutri grain goodness and a clementine just incase)... Then steak for dinner with some rather unhealthy side dishes - onion rings & a cheesy potato bake thing - but I will calorie count it all and hope for the best. I don't have much in for snacking but there's yoghurts and 100cal crisps which should do me :D have been putting off buying healthy food because it just goes to waste :eek:

Maybe if I can just make it one day without ruining it I'll actually be able to stick to it?? :confused: I'm thinking of just living off those healthy choice ready meals for a bit. That way I get my quick fix dinner, no cooking or messing around with the MFP app to put all the separate ingredients in (lazy but omg it annoys me so much when I can't figure out how much dry weight of rice I used - crap scales btw - or what x amount in grams is in cup measurements :mad:) aaaaaaand they're actually okay, for something you microwave anyway. (My brother, who isn't overweight he's just a bit beer-bellied, has lost 1 stone living off those freaking meals!) Hmm just an idea but dunno how long I'd last before the sight of microwaved lasagne made me boak!

This is a really long post. Sorry. I've been sat in silence for hours and all this energy just came out of nowhere :D

I will post tomorrow to update on how my first day of not being an idiot went. Actually starting to feel some enthusiasm about giving this a really good shot again. Maybe I will even post a food diary! Might keep me on track a bit?

PS I changed my target. I want to get to 230lbs, which should hopefully take me to being a size 18/20 using mybodygallery as a guide.. probably inaccurate but think having a smaller goal to aim for will make things easier. Seeing that "70 lbs to go" thing really hacks me off! :D yay for new goals!

A goal shift might really help! Like you said, it's awful seeing such a long way to go, even if you've already come a long way. Good luck with your plan and I hope Uni isn't too stressful.x

Thanks hun :D I think my plan has worked! I woke up this morning full of enthusiasm! Even if I am absolutely knackered I still feel like I can do this! Xxx

Meant to say, I had another weigh in this morning and am back up to 19st 2lbs, so those 2lbs I lost are back on, unsurprisingly! But it's fine cos at least I will get a true weigh in next week, so if I lose 1lb this week it doesn't look like I've put on a pound if you know what I mean :) x

Yesterday went ok but I had half a bottle of wine with dinner so not the best start :eek: I read somewhere that if you have too many calories one day, you can balance it out the next day, as long as your weekly intake has been within the recommended amount for however much weight you want to lose, then you should be fine. Almost like carrying over syns.. Hmmm interesting!

Anyway today will be better, mostly because all the wine is gone! I am stressed out just now though trying to do an assessment that makes no freaking sense!! How can you be quantitative and objective when you have to bloody guess what the hell you've to write about?? :mad: I can't wait until this course is over! Seriously, no one in the class has any idea what we're supposed to do :( someone asked the lecturer guy what it was all about, and he was like "oh it'll all make sense as the course continues".. 7 weeks later and we've still no clue :confused:

Hmph!!!!!!

The calorie thing does make sense. Just like carrying over syns :) Dno't see why it wouldn't work. You can't really eat super healthy every singe day....unless you're Gillian McKeith :p

What course is it that's confusing? Or does it have a crazy, stupid name? Sounds like the lecturer has bugger all idea too lol. x

The calorie thing does make sense. Just like carrying over syns :) Dno't see why it wouldn't work. You can't really eat super healthy every singe day....unless you're Gillian McKeith :p

What course is it that's confusing? Or does it have a crazy, stupid name? Sounds like the lecturer has bugger all idea too lol. x

It's an information communications course, which I thought was going to be like English. I don't even know what the point of it is.

Diet is going okay-ish... stayed off the pizza and had real dinners this week! Tbh I haven't kept track of anything though, I don't know where the week has gone.. I kept saying oh I better put that on MFP then it was 2 days later and I'd forgot everything that I'd eaten :confused: I don't even know if I need to weigh in tomorrow or Wednesday or if it's November already or not. Having a full-on 7 day week is messing with my brain. Need a day or three off but not likely to get that until Easter... :(

Oh I got the Hairy Dieter's book which is pretty neat. I want to start taking yummy salads in to uni with me and it's got quite a few decent looking recipes so going to give them a bash after bf's payday when we do the "big shop" lol.

Will hopefully be able to stick to healthy dinners again this coming week. Have stayed off flapjacks too so will keep that up :) Will report tomorrow's WI if I remember to actually weigh in :rolleyes:

Sad to say that there has been pizza for dinner this week! And a chinese. Ugh!!! Seriously! I think it's all the studying :( On Wednesday I ate about 8 things for lunch because I was starving, and having a wee munch in between essay writing is becoming a bad habit of mine :(

Too scared to go on the scales. Keep forgetting to go on them when I have time to anyway, because when I have time to do anything it's either studying or housework that gets done.

But on a good note, today I resisted one of the amazing sausage, egg & cheese breakfast wraps from uni! I had my tuna sandwich & a brunch bar instead! Dinner isn't healthy tonight (chicken burgers & pasta) but it could be worse! Tomorrow we are having a relatively healthy dinner, either risotto or spag bol! And I have a 3 hour break for lunch tomorrow which I will be prepared for - sandwich, cereal bar, 100cal crisps and a couple of clementines! Woo!

Bf is determined that we sort our **** out and stop eating rubbish so I guess that's the plan now!

Another weekly post lol. Where does the time go?

Weighed myself today and too embarrassed to say... basically halfway back up to 20 stone. FFS :mad:

Yeah I don't wanna get back to 20 stone, or have to buy new clothes again because my 24's won't fit. I think the half stone I've gained has all gone to my middle and my face because it's pretty obvious that I'm gaining weight :(

Bf and I decided to try SW again, because it's easy to follow and requires pretty much no counting (except syns & healthy extras of course). Calorie counting is good because you can eat what you like, basically. But you can't eat what you like and not count it! Which is what I've been doing. When we've had a dinner (seriously got no time for anything these days) they've been ok, mostly convenience though, one night we had a quiche and pasta salad box between us for dinner :sigh:. Had a stir fry last night which is healthy though.. and tonight is pasta n sauce, yum :rolleyes:

So back to SW lol. Oh dear. I dunno if I'll have the time to keep a food diary on here but may as well make the effort I suppose. Might help me get back into syns and stuff if any nice people want to comment on my syn-counting seeing as I'm a bit rusty! 20 cals = 1 syn yeah?

EE today!!!!!!

Breakfast: 2 coffees with half cal sugar stuff (milk HEA, sugar 3 syns) I am pretty much addicted to caffeine :(
Lunch: nature valley chewy chocolate & nut bar (7 syns)
Dinner: cheese leek & ham pasta n sauce, no butter (1 syn, plus 2 or 3 for milk?) with a pork chop on the side lol fat removed as always (can't stand the stuff anyway)
Snacks: 2 clementines, toast with ham (1 syn marge)
Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Haha I just realised that almost a year ago (19th Nov 2011 I think) I set out on my weight loss journey! How quick has that gone?? I only really lasted until about June/July, so I'm totally blaming work and the lack of a summer holiday for my set back. Seriously I am still angry at my work for how much I was in there over the summer, who the hell works 8 days in a row without a break and doesn't get stressed out?

Anyway. At least I have not totally given up and gained all the weight back on? 30 odd pounds in a year is good eh? Considering I haven't actually been doing anything diet-like for 4 months of that year. *trying to make myself feel better here* :(

cheekychinchilla said:
It's still progress, even if you don't feel like it is at the moment. And realising it's going a bit wrong AND doing something about it is very positive I think :D Good luck to you and the Mr getting back on the SW wagon.xx

Just had a moment there where I forgot I was on SW and asked the bf if we could get a beer for tonight lol! Passed an oral assessment thing at uni and wanna celebrate!!!

EE today and probably every day

Breakfast: skinny latte (HEA)
Lunch: ham andwich (HEB 1 syn mayo) cereal bar (7 syns) clementine
Dinner: quorn chicken stir fry with rice noodles & lots of veggies (noodles are free I think)
Snacks: fruit salad box, 1 carling zest (5 syns)
Syns: 13

Last edited:
Breakfast: skinny latte (HEA) half cal sugar stuff (1 syn)
Lunch: ham sandwich (HEB 1 syn) melon salad box, clementine, nature valley bar (7 syns)
Dinner: risotto with random veg I think
Snacks: 2 clementines, can low cal monster (1 syn)
Syns: 10

Back