Evilpenguin's food diary

Just popping in to send a hug sounds like you cpuld do with one :) x

How're you doing mate?? Hope all is well and you haven't murdered any family members yet.... ;)

Hey :) Happy new year to you too! Haha no, sadly not, all family members alive and well!

The past few weeks have flown by, and I honestly think I've gained about 2 stone in that time. Feel like I haven't stopped at all. Basically been working since exams were over. Had a few random days off but spent them visiting folks, doing xmas shopping, other random stuff I can't remember. Xmas was ok, got boxing day off so was able to enjoy the day and have a few drinks. Then worked through new year, and now I have 2 days off. Bf is at a funeral today and back at work tomorrow so I have some time to myself, peace and bloody quiet at last! But my dad will be off work tomorrow so it's not that quiet or peaceful really.

Back to uni on Monday and I can't wait. But again my work are asking about hours during the week and I dunno what to do. They extended my contract to the end of Jan, and the boss basically said that to improve my performance I need to do hours during the week, and that they're not looking for someone to only work weekends... I need the job cos I can't afford to not have it, but I don't have the time to work extra. The new timetable is horrible, lots of late finishes and hardly any breaks. I won't even know which classes to actually attend until I'm back because there's lots of "attend as directed" notes on the timetable. Any free time I have will need to be used for studying, because I work the weekends I can't rely on having time to study then. I also have to keep on top of my freaking laundry and housework and keeping the bf happy by spending time with him/taking him to visit his parents/going out places just to get out of the house etc. That stuff shouldn't be a chore but it feels like it is because it uses up whatever study time I have.

Ffs. Sick of feeling depressed about this. I'm supposed to be enjoying uni! It's got to the point where I don't even care anymore. I have no enthusiasm for anything. Not even losing weight. I could step on the scales today and see that I actually have put on 2 stone and I don't think I'd give a ****.

Oh and crazy person lady still hasn't got in touch with me about my appointment. She was off sick for my last one, the second one I was meant to have with her, that was like.. November? Still not heard. Maybe I should call the surgery place :confused:

Was going to get back on SW yesterday but I ended up forgetting to take a lunch with me to work so had to eat chocolate from the vending machine ffs. I was so hungry as well, the chocolate just made me feel sick because I wanted actual food, not sweet sickly chocolate. But we're not allowed to leave the building on our breaks so was stuck with whatever crap they had in the machine :(

So I suppose I'll get back on it today. Will need to go shopping because there's basically no food for me to eat. I wonder if eating better will improve my mood? Basically been living off junk food for the last few months, no wonder I feel like ****.

Sorry for the depressing rant of a post. This is why I haven't posted recently tbh. Just feel miserable and ranty all the time :(

Just sounds like its all getting a bit on top of you love.

Hope you manage to work something out between work and uni.

As you say it's a vicious cycle we eat crap coz we are miserable but eating better really does make you feel better, have more energy etc. xx

Attempted to stick to plan yesterday, sort of failed because I had a few glasses of wine with dinner.. but I basically stuck to plan with food! Even had a fruit salad with lunch instead of a flapjack from the uni shop. Yesterday was probably the healthiest day I've had in weeks tbh! Actual real vegetables were had!

Dunno how much I've put on, and I don't want to find out. I'll weigh myself eventually but right now I feel like I weigh a ton and I cba with the disappointment of probably being back up into 20 stone or more.

Anyway, extra easy today:

Breakfast: special k biscuit moments (5 syns) coffee (part of HEA)
Lunch: beef ramen noodles, unsure of syns and can't find anything on google, guessing 6 because it seems like a safe guess??? (6 syns)
Dinner: absolutely no idea.
Snacks: none yet
Total syns: 11

Huzzah on the actual fruit and actual vegetables! Well done xx

Didn't do so well yesterday. Noodles are not a good lunch option it seems! I was starving by about 4pm and was in Asda, so bought a sandwich :eek: but that's all the bread I had so calling it my HEB! Then had chilli for dinner which was free! Had another special k thing and a packet of 5 syn crisps later on. So had about 20 syns, plus whatever was in the sandwich (chicken & bacon, probs both cooked in oil with a kilo of butter on the bread etc...).. Not that bad but not exactly 100%!!

Finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself. 20 stone bang on! I'm actually relieved, I was sure I'd put on way more than that. So since the end of November I've gained 11lbs. That's like 2lb a week or something, no wonder I feel so heavy, putting it back on that quick :eek:

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part of HEA)
Lunch: tropical fruit salad
Dinner: roast chicken pasta salad with spring onions, peppers, tomatoes, avocado (7 syns FFS!) with light Caesar dressing (3 syns) and a pitta bread (HEB)
Snacks: medley bar (7 syns)
Total syns: 17*

* going to aim for between 15 - 20 syns a day, until I'm back into the low 19 stone range then I'll go for the 10 - 15 a day thing :)

Last edited:
I'm glad getting weighed didn't freak you out too much. And at least you know where you're at! I put weight on very quickly. I put on a stone over last Christmas and NY!!! I'll be weighing in this weekend to find out this years damage :sign0007:

It's bloody stupid to have to syn Avacado so much! I don't even like it that much, but it still p*sses me off ;) xx

I'm glad getting weighed didn't freak you out too much. And at least you know where you're at! I put weight on very quickly. I put on a stone over last Christmas and NY!!! I'll be weighing in this weekend to find out this years damage :sign0007:

It's bloody stupid to have to syn Avacado so much! I don't even like it that much, but it still p*sses me off ;) xx

It's crap that we can put it on so easily but getting it back off takes forever!

Good luck for the weigh in :)

Avocado is so yummy :eek: but then I think a Mars bar is less syns than one and suddenly it doesn't sound so yummy! But it's way healthier and will add a bit of variety to my plate. Switched back to EE for today because I think I'll be hungry if I only eat a chicken salad for tea, so gonna have a bit of pasta with it :D

Ended up buying a medley bar (7 syns :mad:) at Uni because I was so starving by the time I got there. I know it's my own fault for only having a freaking fruit salad for lunch but I wasn't hungry at lunch time lol. Syns are racking up but still looking at it as way healthier than I've been for weeks so it's better than the flapjack or panini I could've had.

Only been on plan properly for 1 day (and it's not over yet) and I'm really hungry. Trying to remember what I used to snack on to take the hunger away :confused: bf is in the shower just now so won't get dinner til after 7.30 probably and all the SW food I have is either for dinner tonight or isn't syn free, and I don't want to go too far with syns today. I have some fruit so will munch away on that :eek:

Still waiting on dinner :( bored and fed up now! Updated my stats on here and thoroughly depressed myself with them :(

Don't be too hard on yourself as you say you are eating much better than you have been for weeks. So if that involves using a few extra syns for a wee while that's fine! X

Another week without posting, oops :eek: I have been on plan though! I did have some wine over the weekend, a flapjack on Monday and a snickers at some point too though :eek:

But I learned from my mistake on Monday! I didn't take nearly enough food with me to uni, so by the time our afternoon break came along I was starving and needed the flapjack (by this time there wasn't any fresh fruit left, and the healthy meals i.e. salads etc are all overpriced so feck that). Anyway, I got home on Monday and made up a big batch of pasta salad and took that with me yesterday, along with a roll and tons of fruit. I didn't buy any flapjacks :D

So off uni today because labs don't start til tomorrow, but heading out in a bit because bf is taking a half day and I'm playing taxi :rolleyes: then when I come home I'll be making more pasta salad for tomorrow's lunch :D

Weigh in is meant to be tomorrow, but I'll be at uni from 9 til 4 I think so I can't weigh tomorrow, so weighed this morning and was surprised by a nice 3 and a half pound loss :D back into the 19s, woo!

Hope you are ok chick, come back and visit us sometime :p x

Back