Exante and travelling

Cleo29

I have just done my second full week on Exante. Off on holiday in a couple of days which involves nearly 26 hrs of travelling (nearly 20 of which will be on a plane). I plan on taking 4 shakes and 2 bars (so basically 2 days worth of packs) and having them on the trip. I figure that once i get there I will be going to bed, when it will be daytime here in the UK and when I would normally be having my second day of Exante packs).

Has anyone ever done this before and has it worked?

Cleo

Not had any experience but didnt want to r and r, hope you find out what you want to!

Not had any experience but didnt want to r and r, hope you find out what you want to!

Thanks! I thought it might be a long shot but worth asking just in case. I can report back when I come home, might help someone else who is considering it. I think the worst part will be drinking so much water and having to keep using the toilets on the plane!

Cleo

Lol i can imagine! Though thinking about it, might be fairly easy to have the food on the place, especially the bars. will you be able to make them up on the plane or can you take them premade? not sure of the rules!

I am presuming I can take the packs on the plane. They are powder and I will buy a bottle of water after security to make them up with. The first flight is 12.5 hours so will be having all 3 (2 shakes, 1 bar). I have a battery operated blender, again I can't see them having problems with it. I tested it yesterday and you can put your finger in the blade without damage so i'm sure it will be ok.

The worst that can happen is that they don't let them on in which case there isn't much I can do about it. Same as when I arrive, they could confiscate the food packs but again not much I can do about it.

Cleo

Good luck and happy travelling. You seen to have it all worked out and I can see a problem with taking the back on board.

I use a lidded cup from Matalan when I'm out and about. It's clearish plastic with a clear and blue lid. Never leaks and not nearly as big as a protein shaker cup thing. I just add the pack to wayer, bung on the lid and shake like mad, leave for five mins, shake again and drink! Might be a good plan B just in case the are sh*tty about your blender thing!

Hi, I've done this on a long flight to NZ. I used bars only and figured it would be better than coming off plan altogether, and wasn't sure about them allowing the packs. Anyway, it all worked out fine.

Hi, I've done this on a long flight to NZ. I used bars only and figured it would be better than coming off plan altogether, and wasn't sure about them allowing the packs. Anyway, it all worked out fine.

Did you eat more bars? I think that is what I have been trying to get my head around, the time difference and working out whether I should have 2 days worth in a 26 hour period to make up as the alternative seems to be to go without for an awfully long time and I don't like the thought of that! It will be hard enough as it is.

C

Yes, I took 6 bars for the flight. I decided it would be easier to refuse my in flight meals if I had bars to eat. If I remember rightly I ended up having 5 bars in the hours between leaving home in the UK to getting 'home' in nz. This was waaay less carbs than if I'd eaten actual food and also with the time differences etc all worked out fine. Where you off you?

Last edited:
Back