Exante Any help please ? :)

Bozz

Hello :)
Fed up with being over weight and decided after seeing a friend lose nearly 2 stone I would do something similar to her. Logged on and exante site came up sounded had a very quick check on a few forums and went back and bought a weeks supply !
Bear in mind I knew nothing what so ever about this diet before then please lol.
My pack came with no info so have been left jumping from forums to forums checking it out. On some there has been the mention of having chicken breast or other foods to nibble on.
Worried I am completely messing this up with my lack of knowledge of it so please jump in and offer any advice you can to help me out, even just to say I am fine and carry on.

So far I have had
Day 1 .... 1 shake, 1 bar, and 1 meal pack and a small amount of chicken breast along with lots of water.
Day 2 .... 1 shake, 1 bar and 1 meal pack with a small amount of lobster along with the water and black coffee (read somewhere that counts as fluid intake)
Day 3 .... So far 1 shake,

Am I doing this right ?
It may seem like a silly question to those who know what they are doing but I honestly have never heard of this diet before and lots of different views on chats about it.
Today I think I am starting with a bit of a down side to it, getting a bit of a shaky feeling inside also a bit of a confused head on me.
I am finding that having the small nibbles are helping with the cut back of food intake, but I could just go and buy large fish and chips :/ right now. intention is once I get a little more used to it I will cut out the nibbles.
Have just order more supply's as I am liking it.

Do I carry on like I am or alter anything ?

Thanks for any help in advance

what solution you doing,you only eat if its work solution, if its total solution than only 3 packs, water and black coffee if its a must

Aww thank you so much for the replies x
I intended to do 3 packs a day but then seen on forums people chatting and saying they were struggling, the replies came back saying if struggling maybe add a chicken breast in the evening or through the day cut up to nibble on.
I haven't had a full chicken breast as the only time I really struggle is in the evening, I have very late nights with early mornings so its a long day for me. Once I have had my meal pack and do tea and watch everyone else eating I tend to feel like hitting the fridge. So I have had maybe half a chicken breast cut up to nibble to help not do it.
The black coffee again was read as ok to have. I have been reading and trying to understand ketosis and in the exante diet it seems an important state to be in to aid the diet. Chicken along with other foods are listed as being ok to eat while trying to get to and being in ketosis so I thought I would be ok with having a nibble of chicken and lobster while I got used to the drop of food intake.
Going on the surely a small bit of chicken won't harm for a few days.
Hope I am not wrong :)
X

Bozz, basically as long as you have the three packs and follow all the guidance on the exante website then after that it's pretty much up to you - this is your diet! Obviously if you eat along with the shakes you'll lose your weight slightly less quickly, but AFAIC if it's a choice between packing it in altogether, or eating some lean protein then no contest! Good luck - it really does get easier after the first few days in any case. :)

Thanks for coming to me x
Omg I am sooooo made up, I decided that instead of leaving it a week, I would jump on the scales to check out if I had lost as thinking I had but thought it may have been in my head.

I've lost 5lbs !!!!!

This is my day 4, when I have said had a nibble of chicken I did mean a nibble just as a taste treat really. Last night I managed without it :) took on board what you had said..
Even managed to cook my fab spaghetti Bol for the family last night and sit watching them eat it, I will be honest and say had a few thoughts of "could just do with that" but it was nothing major, I was very shocked I wasn't a drooling mess with that meal choice lol.

Struggling with the water intake major and woke up with a cracking headache this morning. Don't know if its the diet or just the end of a very long summer holidays.

X

I wake up with a headache most days on this diet, just down a pint of water and it soon goes away!
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Thank you Stern John good to know others have it also x
Guess its working out the things that help along the way.

Last night cooking I realised I had picking habits even while cooking, had to stop taking a spoonful every now while doing it tasting, something I have never thought of before. Will add I firmly told everyone to clear their plates and pop them in the ready water lol no tip bits left for me to even glance at.
The meal packs, I am not a fan off yet :( hoping I just get used to them have read you do

X

Yaaaay! Well done Bozz! :D

Thank you :)
Done the dreaded out for chips and burgers today with some family. I was starving after being clever thinking I would leave breakfast pack and save for later to maybe help with the nibbles time. But I sat watching and smelling while they all had and I staticky with a bottle of water.
Feeling it now though as shopping tonight and all the treats coming in. Can't get burgers and sausages out of my head lol. Hoping when I have my meal pack it tastes half decent so I enjoy it and then have a shake later tonight to fill up.
Longing for one of the choc orange bars, on order so won't be long till I have a supply of the things I actually like to have. Does anyone actually like any of the meal pack as haven't read anywhere yet anyone liking them. :/ the shakes are lovely enjoying them.
Maybe it's because I am STARVING !

Hi everyone, just stubbled onto this thread and hope I can join in the support network! I have just started Exante Total Solution today and I have to say it's been tough for day 1! The porridge I really enjoyed but the bars and pasta carbonara were HORRID for me, I had to force them down with lots of water. I haven't felt as hungry as I thought but definitely will be sticking to shakes probably as they'll be quick to get down. I suppose you have to take these diets with a pinch of salt (not literally sadly) and remember they are for losing weight not fun lol it will be hard I think because I am the main chef in my household and still have to cook for two small children and my partner. Good luck everyone and fingers crossed for weigh ins! :)

Hi :)
The pasta I thought was awful lol Tonight is the fist time I have enjoyed a meal pack and it isn't really a meal it was the porridge with cinnamon.
My first day was fine and like you I wasn't really starving but night time I was really to buckle thinking oh I will start it after Sunday lunch or whatever have another roast lamb dinner ! problem is I don't think there would be a good time to start one lol
I love my food and also have a family to cook for, I am always baking or making stuff in the kitchen and it is hard.
I cook their's but have mine ready to go on side, then while they are eating I make mine, I found that easier. Also got my self into routine of soon as finished with something it goes straight in the sink in water so i cant just have a "taste" feeling if i do that will be it and I will start eating again. Tonight's tea has been done and it wasn't as bad as I thought so got through it and have a shake to still look forward to in a bit.
I am finding it rather funny an enjoying the fact that no one realises I am actually doing this, that's why I am on here chatting and getting back up ;)
Xx

I am worried about becoming a nuisance posting all the time but its helping me do this. So sorry to anyone who it's annoying x
I haven't told anyone I am doing this diet I think I was worried incase I gave in as it sounded so harsh. Also watched a friend doing a similar one and basically watched her living a nightmare everyday. I am finding it better that I haven't said and made a big thing of it think its taken some pressure of me.
Thought I would give it a go and just see what happened and I could always stop.

I just can't believe the results, I am in shock ! I seen posts saying lost this and that but had it in my head that it wouldn't be like that for me for some reason.
I weighed myself yesterday morning and I had lost 5 lbs weighed myself again this morning as I was in shock with that loss and so made up with it I had to just check again and I have now lost 9lbs how does that work ?????!!!!! I am not complaining and I know come the 2nd week it will slow drastically but ***** 9lbs in 5 days Its not even day 5 as its the morning of day 5 ! I would be lucky to shift that in a month on other diets.
I really, really, really do want to keep going on this.
Keep saying to myself get through today and your doing it :)
So my day 5 begins, my intention ... stick to it.
Still really struggling with the fluid intake don't know how much I am drinking but running to loo all time and keep topping up by grabbing a glass when I can.
X

It's great, isn't it Bozz? I think you have exactly the right mindset - we're all doing this one day at a time. :)

Oh waterworks think I having a bad day today Hun, feeling bit wiped out felt like hitting the floor before dinner, had a little panic as to if I should have something solid to eat to balance me out but haven't done it hoping it passes.
I have said my day is long and its normally 7.30 to 2/3 am and at the moment I am also getting up in night for the loo so trying to wait on my first pack till around 1 and then have the other 2 left for tea time and then round 10 to stop me nibbling.
Yeah the results are brilliant ! It keeps you going seeing them lol it's defiantly not the love of the packs
Keeping the humour there and I will be ok
X

Bozz that isn't a sustainable sleep level lovey - what gets you up so early and in bed so late? Anything you can do about that? Brings me back to children teething or a brand new baby, and at least with those there was an end in sight. :(

Keep your chin up, LOL about the love of the packs - definitely isn't that for me either!!! And I think you should start a diary - it's a brilliant way to keep all your thoughts together and a great thing to look back on when you reach target. Keep posting and keep positive - we're all here for you. :bighug:

The sleeping hours don't bother me as been doing it for 15 years now, I have to be up for 7.30 and hubby works till 2 maybe 3.
I haven't been able to go bed any earlier since he started this work shift. Funny how you get into routines, wish I could go early or lie in sometimes but when I have tried means huffing and puffing for hours till hubby comes home or I get bored trying to get back to sleep lol
It just means unfortunately I have more hours being hungry. Just have to work out the best times to have the packs, think I waited a bit to long this morning as an hour after having my 1st felt slightly better.

Be handy if I could send the family and all the plus ones out to eat for the next month or so, so I didn't have to cook for the masses while doing this house seems to be a drop in centre most days.

X

:woohoo:

Back