Exante shakes...do they taste ok???

fireflii2

Hi...I was on LL from June 2010 to Mar and lost 85...then made a poor job of management over 6 months and put up 28...so I purchased Exante which is much cheaper...started today....on old LL sachets...will Exante taste different and is it as effective as LL...are the bars nice??

Fireflii:)

I've done both LL and exante and I prefer exante, especially the soups they are actually quite yummy. The bars are ok but I find they are quite chewy and take a bit of eating so I split them into 2

Yes Exante is as effective as LL and every other vlcd out there.

I hate the soups but like the shakes and the bars are ok (I prefer the tesco ultraslim ones)
Everyone here likes different packs you just need to try them all and see which ones work for you.

I really like the taste of the shakes, soups and bars and have done from the beginning. The only one I'm not as keen on (although still very edible) is the choc orange bar but that's purely because I don't like orange flavored food.

There are a lot of people on the forum who don't like the taste of the products but I think the general consensus is that you get used to the taste, if you didn't like them at first.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i do think they lack flavor a little and i kinda feel im drinking milk with a tiny hint of the flavour but im getting more used to them now xx

Compared to many vlcds exante shake are a little bland As they don't contain all the artificial sweetener that others do but they are much thicker and more filling than others I have tried . Even if you are not keen to start with most people find they get used to them . It is Also the only vlcd I have done where I like the soups .. In fact I love them , and the bars are big , filling and totally yummy !! I have had better losses on exante than lipotrim and cd and feel it's easier for me as the shakes fill me up more and I am more sAtisfied .

Thanks for the advice girls....so far so good...I love the choc orange...I tend to cut them into slices and eat them slowly and they really fill me up...the shakes taste fine....I add some tablet sweeteners as I am used to LL ....I really like the banana and didnt in LL but they are not as thick as LL which is a little disappointing... I got the bumper pack of shakes and bars...no soups...but everyone seems to like them so maybe next time...I will be on the shake train for a number of months again this time...after 5 months off....to be honest I needed the time off after 9 months on...with slip ups...my hair and nails were really suffering...but mind wise I am ready again...have a great week girlz....my first weigh in is on tues....wish me luck....xxx fireflii

Compared to many vlcds exante shake are a little bland As they don't contain all the artificial sweetener that others do but they are much thicker and more filling than others I have tried . Even if you are not keen to start with most people find they get used to them . It is Also the only vlcd I have done where I like the soups .. In fact I love them , and the bars are big , filling and totally yummy !! I have had better losses on exante than lipotrim and cd and feel it's easier for me as the shakes fill me up more and I am more sAtisfied .

:bighug:judging by your disappearing inches you are faaaaading away...you qualify for the sexy babe catagory now....go girl...

I needed the time off after 9 months on...with slip ups...my hair and nails were really suffering... fireflii

I've heard about this but what exactly is happening with your hair and nails??

I thought Exante was meant to give your body everything it needed?

J x

:chores016::welcome:Triage....all the vlcd play down the fact that your hair and nails suffer...in general I think your body doesnt suffer...but the extremities do...my hair thinned and shed about 4 months into the programme last year...lots of the other girls had the same issue....the good news is that it all came back again....within weeks of being back into normal food I had little kiss curls growing back at the root line...and temples...this time I may go on prefectil??? I think its called...its a very good supplement aimed at hair and nails...my work colleague swears by it...and I have to admit ....I always feel much healthier with tons more energy when I am on shakes...I am after moving mountains this week ....stuff I would normally put off for another day after work is finished...cleaning cupboards, oven etc...nothing is safe...so dont worry...the effects are temporary....and the payoff is that my arthritis complete went in my knees and my sky high blood pressure which I had been medicated for a long time returned to normal and stayed normal even tho I partially put up some of the 85 I lost....so its worth it to me to come back...xx I mean I lost 11.5 this week...yippee!!! week one DONE. Best of luck...fireflii

the reason that your hair suffers is this: when on a vlcd your body prioritises the things it needs to do with the vastly reduced calorie intake. Your hair has a 3 stage cycle, it grows and the body deems this is necessary to protect your body and so your hair grows. Then your hair has a resting stage which doesn't use any energy and this also happens. Then your hair reaches the shedding stage, this uses energy and in some people on vlcd this happens normally, in others they tend not to shed hair for a few months and then have a big shedding after about 3/4 months. It is your bodies way of catching up and is similar to when you are pregnant. Many people don't shed hair while actually pregnant as the body retains the energy for growing baby; once baby is born hair is shed.
I lost hair when I started to reintroduce food after CD (4 months) but within 4-6 weeks hair was more or less back to normal. HTH

Thats why I consider the temporary hairloss an inconvenience but worth it...it grows back...I know it scares people though when it happens first...x fireflii

Personally I can't stand the bars, I thought they were disgusting!! When I started I just bought a two week supply, so I got bars, soups and shakes. After day 2, I stopped having the bars and now I have a shake a breakfast (I add a spoonful of sweetener to the banana and strawberry ones and drink with a bar) and the soups for lunch and dinner. I am a HUGE fan of the soups - yummy!!

People I know who have done Exante have all had different opinions, like the other girls have said - trial and error really!

Good luck! Xxxx

Personally I can't stand the bars, I thought they were disgusting!! When I started I just bought a two week supply, so I got bars, soups and shakes. After day 2, I stopped having the bars and now I have a shake a breakfast (I add a spoonful of sweetener to the banana and strawberry ones and drink with a bar) and the soups for lunch and dinner. I am a HUGE fan of the soups - yummy!!

People I know who have done Exante have all had different opinions, like the other girls have said - trial and error really!

Good luck! Xxxx

I have been using both exante and slim and save and I have to say that the s and s bars are lovely...make sure you are taking 3 shakes per day as you will get ill hun and thats no good. x fireflii

Back