Exante VS Lighter Life

I'm an ex LL'er too, although I did it about 6 years ago and lost 5 stone in 5 months, only to put 7 stone back on in a relatively short space of time. I hated the 2 hour long sessions every week. We had very little counselling, really it was just us chatting and one woman in particular talking about her personal issues for most if it. We'd watch a video and that'd be it really. The counsellor I was going to ended up getting sacked apparently, I think for selling packs "off the books". My brother and sister-in-law are doing CD at the moment and doing really well on it, but the thought of having to get weighed by someone else and being accountable to a stranger, while in theory is great, for my lifestyle at the moment just doesnt suit me. I may end up stopping and starting the diet over the course of this year, I have some stuff coming up which means I'll need to eat "real" food at several points, but knowing I can just order the packs and start again when those periods are over are what I like about this. I wont have to feel guilty about it and can just get back onto it when I can.

Good luck Jael - I've got through my first week and managed to lose 10lbs in the first 6 days. Not a complete shocker since one usually does in the first week and it is mainly water. On the plus side us ex-LL's know a little of what to expect. However, the plus side is I have not felt hungry once and have found it very easy. I still haven't had those horrible headaches that one gets at the beginning, so not convinced I'm in Ketosis yet, but my god I have the foul tasting breath - I suppose in these instances it must be seen as a good thing.

I have been on the shakes (which are all nice and not too sweet) and will introduce a few bars this week. I've also tried the Thai Chicken which I found nice.

It is lovely to skip those patronising group discussions, I feel it is enough to weigh myself every other day. The fact that you see so much drop off in the first week gives one the incentive to continue seeing it come off.

Good luck xx

I'm an ex LL'er too, although I did it about 6 years ago and lost 5 stone in 5 months, only to put 7 stone back on in a relatively short space of time. I hated the 2 hour long sessions every week. We had very little counselling, really it was just us chatting and one woman in particular talking about her personal issues for most if it. We'd watch a video and that'd be it really. The counsellor I was going to ended up getting sacked apparently, I think for selling packs "off the books". My brother and sister-in-law are doing CD at the moment and doing really well on it, but the thought of having to get weighed by someone else and being accountable to a stranger, while in theory is great, for my lifestyle at the moment just doesnt suit me. I may end up stopping and starting the diet over the course of this year, I have some stuff coming up which means I'll need to eat "real" food at several points, but knowing I can just order the packs and start again when those periods are over are what I like about this. I wont have to feel guilty about it and can just get back onto it when I can.

Back