Exante

Hello!
Haven't been able to get on here for a few days as it's been manic over here. Baby's actual birthday was great - we got the paddling pool out and the little ones had a fab time and I'm pleased to say I didn't eat any of the food. Am quite surprised at myself. I did rather force the leftovers on people as they were leaving as doggy bags - figured I didn't trust myself left in the house with chocolate cake!
How are you doing Sarah? Is one meal a day working out for you? I might have to do that as the next day for freight arriving here is mid-April and I don't have enough packs left to last that long. If I have one small meal a day then I can eke the packs out for longer. Blisteringly hot here today - even with the effects of ketosis I'm sweating!
Boy am I glad I don't have to bake any more cakes for a good while now!
x

Hi, glad to hear the birthday party went well and you didn't give in to tempation.

That's a shame about you not getting enough packs in time, but I am finding the one evening meal to be a good plan. Will be interesting to see what I lose this week.

Have you placed an order with Exante yet? Did you manage to resolve the use by date issue?

I wish we had a little of your heat over hear right now. Have had more snow where we are and I am fed up of it now.

Hey all,
I just ordered the variety box of exante stuff, I'll still be on LL but I think it'll be good to have a backup in case of massive snow again or something, and also a bit of variety, i.e. maybe once a week I'll have an 'exante day' and just do the soups & shakes & bars from exante.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though, and how you guys are getting on! You're doing so well so far!! :D

Hi Ellie

I hope that you like some of the Exante products as much as I do. The vanilla shake is an acquired taste, but you can add coffee to it. I don't like coffee sadly. And I find the tomato soup needs some chilli powder and tabasco to spice it up. Other than that, I find the others are all great.

The shakes are VERY thick if you only add the recommended water. I use half a pack and add just under the recommended water for a whole pack and it's nice and creamy. You will have to experiment with them I guess.

Thanks Sarah! I'm looking forward to trying them.

Oh yum I am having my first day of exante today. I had the thai chicken and the choc orange bar. I am impressed!! I was dreading trying the soup as the ones on LL are generally minging. But it was drinkable! and the choc orange bar is definitely yum... Strawberry shake tonight!

Hi PB, they are good aren't they! I like the strawberry shake. It's my second favourite to banana. Thai chicken is good. And the toffee and nut bar is my favourite bar, but the choc orange is also very good. Glad you are loving it!

Ooh I'll try the toffee and nut bar next week on my exante day then! I love love love toffee so looking forwards to it.

Are the other soups nice? As I said I'm really wary of trying them but they came in the pack.. And as I keep saying to myself, I might actually like them!

How are you getting on anyway, Sarah?

I really like the vegetable soup and the mushroom. My least favourite is tomato, but if you add some worcester sauce or tabasco then it's fine. I have lived on them for 5 weeks now and am not sick of thai, veg or mushroom yet.

I am doing ok thanks, but have moved up to the working plan, which is where you add a low carb meal. I have lost 1lb in the first four days of this, but will see what the loss is like on Monday. I have added in a few CD products also (porridge and bars), but still prefer the Exante ones.

You will love the toffee bar. It's lovely and sticky. :D

Well after not sticking to it all the time I am pleased to say I have lost half a stone! It did take me 3 weeks but none the less!! Have you lost 31lbs Sarah? WOW!

Oh wow you're back to being within normal weight range, well done! :D

I'm not too impressed with the shakes to be honest, the soups are nice (I had tomato yesterday, toffee bar, and choc shake).. They are very bland though! Bars nice, soups nice so far. Maybe I overdiluted the strawb cos I put it with 250ml water plus ice. Nicely thick shakes though, just tasteless!

No the shakes arent as nice as slim fast ones, taste very powdery to me. I love the bars, wish we could have them all day!

Hi Flumpy and PB

Well done Flumpy on the half a stone loss. That's fab.

I have lost 31lbs in 40 days. I am chuffed to bits.

I love the strawberry and banana shakes. Chocolate is bland and can't stand vanilla. You can add a sweetener tablet to them.

I love the soups and the bars also.

Well it did slow down last week when I lost 2lbs, but this week it's just gone mad. I have lost 4 pounds since Monday. :party0049:

I did read on the W8 site that the people having a small meal are losing about the same as those in total abstinance. And a friend of mine got me the LL Lite book from her class and they say averagely 3lbs a week. I walk a lot each day, so I think that helps me to shift the weight. I am not complaining!

Doing this plan for another 40 days and hoping to shift 25lbs in that time if I can.

I totally recommend a low carb meal. It's the best of both worlds. :D

Hi

I am having generally 200g of protein, so either chicken breast, pork chop, prawns, fish, cottage cheese etc.

Then with this I am having veggies from my allowed list. That has included cauli, brocilli, cabbage, turnip, courgette, salad leaves, cucumber. I have also had a little bit of red pepper on a salad, which I am not strictly allowed and have had mushrooms. I am allowed 4 portions of veg a day, so about a cereal bowl full.

I have done also sorts of things to make the meals lively and am using a lot of spices and made a few curries. Check out the low carb or the Atkins board from some recipes.

I do walk for around 1.5 hours a day, so burn quite a bit off also and I really think that is helping the losses.

Hope that info helps. Just shout if you would like to know anything else.

Hi Flumpy and PB. How are you both getting on with Exante now?

I am still going strong with the working solution and hoping for a 3lbs loss by Monday to make it 2.5 stones in 7 weeks.

Have you lost any more this week Flumpy?

My exante day today, had the vanilla shake this morning and choc orange bar at lunch. Veg soup for dinner, I'll have that a bit later.. I love the choc orange bar, and toffee nut bar was really nice too! If only I could have that 3x a day!! haha. I think the vanilla might be nicer with a tsp of coffee to make it taste like creamy coffee. It wasn't as awful as I was dreading.. it was ok..

Not expecting a massive loss if anything this week, I lapsed on sunday. Boo me. Back on track now and planning to do LL lite version (with a small meal, pretty much the same as the one you're doing Sarah) once I finish foundation, to lose some extra weight.

Glad you're doing well Sarah, and the plan is working out well for you!

Anyway onwards and downwards!

I am sure one lapse won't hurt it too much. Glad you are enjoying some of the products. I might try the vanilla again soon actually, as my tastes have changed over the time and I still have 2 in the cupboard.

I am really enjoying doing my version of LL Lite. It's the best of both worlds.

As you say, onwards and downwards...

I think it'll be good for me when I get through foundation.. Can't wait to have chicken and swede mash, and veg, and milk, and having an evening meal again, I miss having evening meal though don't mind daytimes in the least. But I also think it's best for me to do it for like one or 1.5 stone. For another 3 stone I think it's not realistic for me! Veg soup on exante was really nice though. Had it with proper bowl and spoon and everything! :D

Anyway glad you're doing well. :) I know the LL vanilla is gorgeous whizzed with coffee (hot or cold), I think exante vanilla would be too.

Back