Excercise and hunger?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spotty Teapot, 4 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    I'm struggling a bit at the moment - had a bad month last month - my own fault..I went wild at easter and then neighbour had a barbecue and I gave in..consequently I put on a pound..lost a pound..lost 3lbs..stayed the same and then lost 1/2 a pound.

I've upped my excercise by walking to the swimming pool and back, as well as my 30 lengths 3 times a week..so thats an hours walk each time I go.. but I am finding that I am really hungry consequently and wanting to eat a lot more (sticking to allowed stuff though)..won't that defeat the point of the excercise?

It's not even lunchtime and I've laready had 2 weetabix and skim milk, 3 baybybel lights and a big bowl of superspeed soup and I still feel ravenous. :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beth_1308

Beth_1308 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(5.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - EE
    Please don't worry this is only natural but try and stick to speed foods and you will have a fantastic weight loss. Also, are you sure you're not thirsty? It is so easy to confuse hunger and thirst, if you have eaten a lot and still feel hungry, try upping your liquid intake and see if it makes a difference. Well done for all the exercise!
    xx

4. zellka

zellka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    We all have days when we feel like that, just eat as much free food as you need to get rid of those hunger pangs :)

5. Woodland girl

Woodland girl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(21.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world and judd
    I get like this!! I have been going running before breakfast and then my normal brekkie just isn't enough! I need to sort something out or I will keep picking at crap instead ! Be interested to know your solution x

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm the same, on the days I go running I could eat a horse!!
    I just eat lots of fruit and veg sticks and have bigger portions.
    I think the exercise is so beneficial though that it's worth it, but I know exactly where you are coming from.

7. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i do a bootcamp style exercise session 3 times per week for an hour and i can eat like a horse now, even on the days inbetween lol, i eat the speed foods etc, loads more fruit than i used to and i also drink loads more, i usually drink first if i know that i shouldn't be hungry. like i did it just now cos i had a huge jacket spud for dinner and knew i couldnt possibly be hungry. now ive had 2 glasses of squash and i feel stuffed....for a little while anyways :)
    theres certainly no harm in upping the free food a bit or speed foods even better . keep up the good work

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I often have a great big stir fry after my workout because I'm so hungry afterwards. Loads of veggies and a little bit of meat or egg noodles, and lots of spices and soy sauce.

That's what's great about slimming world. If you're hungry you can eat. I can't think of any other 'diet' where I'd have the energy to exercise as much as I do.

9. gemma1983

gemma1983 Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    tesco ultraslim
    i often get like this after swimming, you know when you get out and you can smell the chips from the pool side cafe! ouch! the water thing is good, have a drink instead. super foods too. but have a google off refuling your body after a workout. you should have plenty of protien after a good workout. hope this helps xxx

10. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Our Consultant says we're to eat immediately after exercise, a banana/alpen light and to have a proper meal when we get home, for two hours after exercise the body is super charged and burning fat, that requires energy, it's a paradox but you will still lose weight.

Although, I must say that any increase in exercise may result in a TEMPORARY slow down of weight loss, don't be disheartened it'll even out over 4-6 weeks!

11. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Thanks girls, I'm not going to give up.

I ate loads yesterday even though I didn't exercise yesterday so..umm...

I have been taking a banana with me though, so I got that right! LOL

Thanks again xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.