Excercise and hunger?

Spotty Teapot

I'm struggling a bit at the moment - had a bad month last month - my own fault..I went wild at easter and then neighbour had a barbecue and I gave in..consequently I put on a pound..lost a pound..lost 3lbs..stayed the same and then lost 1/2 a pound.

I've upped my excercise by walking to the swimming pool and back, as well as my 30 lengths 3 times a week..so thats an hours walk each time I go.. but I am finding that I am really hungry consequently and wanting to eat a lot more (sticking to allowed stuff though)..won't that defeat the point of the excercise?

It's not even lunchtime and I've laready had 2 weetabix and skim milk, 3 baybybel lights and a big bowl of superspeed soup and I still feel ravenous. :sigh:

Please don't worry this is only natural but try and stick to speed foods and you will have a fantastic weight loss. Also, are you sure you're not thirsty? It is so easy to confuse hunger and thirst, if you have eaten a lot and still feel hungry, try upping your liquid intake and see if it makes a difference. Well done for all the exercise!
xx

We all have days when we feel like that, just eat as much free food as you need to get rid of those hunger pangs :)

I get like this!! I have been going running before breakfast and then my normal brekkie just isn't enough! I need to sort something out or I will keep picking at crap instead ! Be interested to know your solution x

I'm the same, on the days I go running I could eat a horse!!
I just eat lots of fruit and veg sticks and have bigger portions.
I think the exercise is so beneficial though that it's worth it, but I know exactly where you are coming from.

i do a bootcamp style exercise session 3 times per week for an hour and i can eat like a horse now, even on the days inbetween lol, i eat the speed foods etc, loads more fruit than i used to and i also drink loads more, i usually drink first if i know that i shouldn't be hungry. like i did it just now cos i had a huge jacket spud for dinner and knew i couldnt possibly be hungry. now ive had 2 glasses of squash and i feel stuffed....for a little while anyways :)
theres certainly no harm in upping the free food a bit or speed foods even better . keep up the good work

I often have a great big stir fry after my workout because I'm so hungry afterwards. Loads of veggies and a little bit of meat or egg noodles, and lots of spices and soy sauce.

That's what's great about slimming world. If you're hungry you can eat. I can't think of any other 'diet' where I'd have the energy to exercise as much as I do.

i often get like this after swimming, you know when you get out and you can smell the chips from the pool side cafe! ouch! the water thing is good, have a drink instead. super foods too. but have a google off refuling your body after a workout. you should have plenty of protien after a good workout. hope this helps xxx

Our Consultant says we're to eat immediately after exercise, a banana/alpen light and to have a proper meal when we get home, for two hours after exercise the body is super charged and burning fat, that requires energy, it's a paradox but you will still lose weight.

Although, I must say that any increase in exercise may result in a TEMPORARY slow down of weight loss, don't be disheartened it'll even out over 4-6 weeks!

Thanks girls, I'm not going to give up.

I ate loads yesterday even though I didn't exercise yesterday so..umm...

I have been taking a banana with me though, so I got that right! LOL

Thanks again xx

Back