Excercise

Mrs jk

This topic came up in another post and I thought it interesting to see what people were doing as I think this is the big key cahnge that we can all make throughout our LT journey to help give us the tools to maintain. I know we have a few swimmers and runners but perhaps you might like to share what you do now?

I have to admit to being quite inactive at the minute as I don't have the energy for high intensity training but I am doing 30mins powerplate class 4 times a week which does help maintain my muscle mass and get rid of cellulite. I also walk our dogs each evening usually a flat walk weeknights for about 1hr 15mins and at the weekend they get a good mountian trek for about 2 hours. Once on re-feed I will add my spinning class back in twice a week and looking at Zumba for a Sat morning.

Good thread.

Will be interesting to see what other people are doing. At the moment im pretty much inactive other than my job in a hospital kitchen.

Im thinking of taking up swimming again as i used to really enjoy it. Just need to buck up the courage to get on my cozzie!

Do Loser85! As Deezer said when I started lessons 3 weeks ago - everyone's going to be self-conscious and no one will be judging anyone else but themselves!
I also go walking now at lunch time whereas before it was usually a short trip to the local takeaway!
I also do an exercise DVD every so often (wish I'd the motivation to do it more!). The Hannah Waterman one is good as there's an easy option to follow when you're just beginning.
Then I've a Wii Fit too which I loved in the start but got lazy!! So that's my task for the weekend - to set it up again and start whacking some imaginary tennis balls around an imaginary court!
Good luck all on upping the exercise...it really helps those scales readings & releases those feel-good endorphins!

x S

Hey kids.
I do wii fit and zumba on wii and do some walking on the treadmill. I don't over do it at this stage because you need the vitamins.
When I spoke to lipotrim they said to do small doses until refeed when you can up it. I was really unactive before but getting more energy to do more. I suppose it all depends on how you feel? Xxx

I think that's a good point for me I would have been pretty active- I'm the type who goes to a nightclub and leaves sober as I haven't left the dancefloor and with having 4 large dogs they need exercise and shouldn't suffer cause I'm on a diet so there are certain things I won't cut out. However moderate exercise is good for everyone and I think one thing I would say is Lipotrim perhaps recommend that for someone in an active job where I'm on my backside from 7am-6pm other than up and down the two flights of stairs the odd time so I need to be active in the evenings!!

I walk my dogs at least once a day and then i swim at least 3 times a week..... : ) (Great thread!!!)

Mrs jk i know what you mean about having an active job. I work in a hosp kitchen and constantly on the go for 6 hours 2 days a week. The last time i used LT i had to have a small amount of protein at work. This is basically what kept me upright and sane! Will be interesting to see if its the same this time.

ive started doing zumba on the ps3, i used to go to a class but it closed down. the game is soo good though im nakered when im finished xx

I must admit i do nowt much! had a bit of a blast on the Wii Fit last week and may be a bit tomorrow though.
Going to hit the pool one day next week but will prob spend more time in the sauna!
Not doing too much exercise is not hurting my weight loss though and to be honest i wouldn't want to speed it up as it's going fine at the moment :)

I try to get out for at least a half hour brisk walk every day! it's not as much as some of you, but its more than i did before! plus my dog is delighted with my new found motivation :) I don't know if it's relevant, but I have asthma, and i've found it getting better and better the longer I'm on lipotrim. I dont know if its losing the weight, "eating" really healthily, he exercise, or probably a combination of everything. but i really think lipotrim is improving my health all around for the better! :)

Blinkyblush glad to hear your asthma is getting better keep up the good work !!

I do bootcamp classes every morning (except wednesdays) at 6.45am and on a wednesday evening I use to play astro football this has now finished so I will be doing kettlebell classes on a wed evening instead ! Also at the wkend I try and get a mountain walk in, its 10km and pretty tough but the more weight I am losing the easier it is !

I have always been very active and that is the reason I find it hard to lose weight because its as if my body is use to exercise so that doesnt really help, its so annoying !!!

I try to get out for at least a half hour brisk walk every day! it's not as much as some of you, but its more than i did before! plus my dog is delighted with my new found motivation :) I don't know if it's relevant, but I have asthma, and i've found it getting better and better the longer I'm on lipotrim. I dont know if its losing the weight, "eating" really healthily, he exercise, or probably a combination of everything. but i really think lipotrim is improving my health all around for the better! :)

I'm glad to hear it's getting better- I had terrible IBS from my early teens and after first time round on LT I have never had a bout of it! My Mum as well found she had much less pain with her arthritis.

I watched one of those programes where they disect an obese patient and compare it to a heathly weight patient and it was really interesting. It showed the pressure the fat put on organs andhow it displaced them especially the lungs and how the lungs reduced dramatically in size to make space for the fat. It really hit home to me then how I needed to go back on LT and get heathly again...

I must admit i do nowt much! had a bit of a blast on the Wii Fit last week and may be a bit tomorrow though.
Going to hit the pool one day next week but will prob spend more time in the sauna!
Not doing too much exercise is not hurting my weight loss though and to be honest i wouldn't want to speed it up as it's going fine at the moment :)

I don't really exercise for the increased weight loss . More so to maintain my muscle mass so that my metabolism doesnt drop and also to gradually increase so that when I come off it I can maintain. It's also great for wellbeing and as I say I'm on my backside all day so it's good to get off it sometimes!! lol!

Good luck with the pool and I can't remember who said it but 'Don't put of to tomorrow what you could do today' - swimming is fantastic the only negative is the swimsuit but I try to remember everyone in there is too busy worrying about how they look to look at you...

Came across this and thought of this thread!!

There is a temptation to leave exercise out when talking about low carb diets, because often people can be successful at first while staying sedentary. However, there are several reasons for talking about exercise in any diet discussion (Atkins called it "non-negotiable"). One is that exercise lowers insulin resistance - this is probably partly why exercise alone will tend to help many people lose a few pounds. The second is that exercise is good for our bodies in so many ways. And the third is that while we can lose weight by diet alone, at least to some extent, we are very unlikely to be able to maintain a significant weight loss without exercise.

Totally relevant Binkyblush. And it's definitely a combo of the weightloss and the exercise. It's a win win situation when you lose excess weight. See Mrs. JK's post for how the stored fat can affect the lungs. Scary man! I know where you're coming from as I have a titanium rod through my femur since a car crash 2 yrs ago and the excess weight meant I was in more or less constant discomfort when walking / standing etc. Since losing the 12lbs so far, the pain is lessening by the day. So amazing to feel almost "normal" again.
Keep it up babe, it's all sooooo worth it :)

x S

Deezer said:
Came across this and thought of this thread!!

There is a temptation to leave exercise out when talking about low carb diets, because often people can be successful at first while staying sedentary. However, there are several reasons for talking about exercise in any diet discussion (Atkins called it "non-negotiable"). One is that exercise lowers insulin resistance - this is probably partly why exercise alone will tend to help many people lose a few pounds. The second is that exercise is good for our bodies in so many ways. And the third is that while we can lose weight by diet alone, at least to some extent, we are very unlikely to be able to maintain a significant weight loss without exercise.

Like this :0)

I walk the dog for between 1/2 and 1 hour per day. I used to walk 5 miles per day, but I find that the diet has diminished my strength and energy.

I walk the dog for between 1/2 and 1 hour per day. I used to walk 5 miles per day, but I find that the diet has diminished my strength and energy.

To be fair at a 20min mile pace you are prob doing 4 mile in your hour long walks so don't get too disheartened. My dogs need at least the hour or they will be wound up the rest of the evning...

Back