Excercise....

Nicci3636

In a bit of a slump...only lost 2lbs last week! Allthough, did have a day off for my bday. No carbs though. Thinking of joining the gym at work, will this boost my metabolism and speed up the weight loss????

In need!!

Thanks

xxx

Hi, I was wondering about exercise a few weeks ago and I did post about it...

http://www.minimins.com/exante/232665-anyone-doing-any-exerise.html

I decided against it...strength training is good as the muscle helps to burn the fat, but doing this would likely make me gain or have a lot of sts, which I don't want so I'm not doing the exercise while on TS. I plan to after though :)

Hi I have often thought this to and as I am in the medical profession have been able to read a lot of current articles regarding this issue from lots of different journals, in my opinion if you have quite a lot to lose say 3 stone and up ur going to lose weight your building muscle in no way will be a bigger weight than wat you are losing, also women unless bodybuilding specifically don't gain that much muscle we especially won't as we are on very low cals and are not eating anywhere near the protein one would need
So my opinion do exercise even if its a conscious mile walk at the weekends
I went for a 15 min light jog the other day and burnt 2oo cals then my cals per min kept to about 5 cals for 2 hours after (normal cals per min for me is about 1.5-2
I hope this helps! :)

I agree with hannah, it is not easy for women to gain loads of muscle especially on such a low calorie diet, usually extra weight is due to water retention whilst the muscles are repairing after exercise but if you do build muscle every 1lb of muscle burns a lot more calories that a lb of fat and you get smaller and thats what we all really want.

Back