Excess skin after CD ???

Dmsbj

Hello Everyone !!

Im new here and Im on the CD in my second week now :) going great !!!
I want to lose about 3 1/2 stones but I worried about how my body will look !!!! people who have lost this amount of weight please tell me does your skin get tighter or you definitely need some surgery ??

Many Thanks,:rolleyes:

I've lost four stone and am still quite big, I'm wobbly now more than anything buy a lot of it can be worked on with exercise, my problem is my bingo wings... Given the choice I would totally have surgery on them! X

Emma1904 said:
I've lost four stone and am still quite big, I'm wobbly now more than anything buy a lot of it can be worked on with exercise, my problem is my bingo wings... Given the choice I would totally have surgery on them! X

Ohhhh i agree with the bingo wings.! My arms r huuge and make me look hench lol but the rest of me is in proportion i guess im tall the weight spreads but i honestly hate my arms! Dredding what state theyl be in once ive finished losing weight x

Ive lost 7 and a half stone, 5 through diet and exercise, i have little problem with excess skin :) i gave up cambridge and started exercising and i've toned up very well :)

I worry about this too as i have a lot to lose.

I am trying to keep the exercise up on cambridge as i am scared of undoing all the good i've done since starting a strict exercise program in february, but i have had to tone it down and exclude weights under CDC's advice, so body pump is out :(

I am hoping the skin wont be too bad if i keep the exercise up but i dont know? My tummy will be a mess as it already is since having kids and i expect it will only get worse with less flab to fill it out but i accept that this will need surgery, didn't want to have it anywhere else though.

I can't imagine for one second that, once Ive lost the weight, it will be a pretty sight, the way I see it is, clothes hide a great deal, and my fiancee has seen me, and loved me at my biggest, so Im sure that a bit of wobbles won't make much difference. If I had the money, Id have a tummy tuck, but I havent, so Id rather live with the flab, rather than the fat.

The thing about weightloss and the rason I choose to go the exercise route is that I really studied it on the internet. What people think is excess skin is excess fat, you see skin is only a millimetre thin and when you lose weight through exercise, your body is using all your muscles, so when you lose weight your body gives up the fat, so what your left with on your stomach is excess skin that you can pull not an overhang, the overhang is excess fat!. When you lose weight just through calorie restriction, food shakes or otherwise, your body thinks it is in starvation mode, and will sacrifice lean un-used muscle mass, and it keeps hold of the fat to keep you alive, it will not sacrifice muscles you are using, if this makes any sense. I eat around 1500cals a day and exercise for two hours four times a week. Its hard work but I have reaped the rewards, I have trained myself not to binge or crave unhealthy foods and know I will never be fat again. My loses have been as good as a shake diet/vlcd I have lost 3 stones in 3 months! my tummy reflects that of a woman who has had three children. If you want to avoid surgery for excess skin/fat the only way is through exercise and healthy eating. Its hard hearing but its the only way to get the best possible results.

Hi - I've gone from a BMI of 42 to 23 in the past and this year from 39.9 to 28 - but this time I have done the 30 day shred and been working with weights - my skin is much firmer and my bingo wings are disappearing - I am 37. Sure I'll have a few wobbly bits, but reducing your body fat composition is the most important part. Bingo wing surgery scars are farrrrr uglier than any flappiness.

AOGG - I agree with you in principle and that process worked for me in the past until I had to work 12 hour days and commute to Europe twice a week - I am two busy to spend 2 hours in a gym every other day as are a lot of the mums and people on this forum. I personally can't stick to weight-loss diets other than Cambridge and I am brilliant at sticking to Cambridge - I need to put food out of my mind which is why I use a VLCD for substantial weight loss. You can also do it on a combination of Cambridge to reduce your fat - some people don't have 8 hours a week.

Take a look at this - I have lost 5 stone in 4 months, I am 1.5st overweight and a perfect size 12. I have biceps, a ripped mid-section (with a bit of fat on top, my buttocks are cut and I have fab defined shoulders) that's working out 30 mins a day with bodyweight and weights and swimming and running gently every other day. I have a tummy pooch and my boobs are a bit sharpei like but they were massive to start with.

Here's my before and after....

Keep off the arse

Would you rather look like the top picture (not the bus! the one of me acting!) with your loose skin full of fat, or the bottom one with a tummy pooch and boobs that need a bit of moisturising and a good bra before they look presentable. In a month's time I'll show you what working out has done for my bingo wings...it's worked miracles. In fact he only reason my six-pack hasn't been bared to Minimins is I threw boiling water all over myself back in March so I have strange burn marks on my stomach which I'm a bit self-conscious about!

Aquarius - seriously? Your CDC said that? I've been fine with light but intense weight work and as long as you do light weights in BP you should be fine (have a quiet word with the instructor beforehand so they don't get over-enthusiastic with you) - By all means build up slowly and surely over the weeks - I only walked for the first two months - up to 12 miles at a time and around 30 miles a week, but I walked and walked and walked and that gave me brilliant lower body strength.

Aquarius - seriously? Your CDC said that? I've been fine with light but intense weight work and as long as you do light weights in BP you should be fine (have a quiet word with the instructor beforehand so they don't get over-enthusiastic with you) - By all means build up slowly and surely over the weeks - I only walked for the first two months - up to 12 miles at a time and around 30 miles a week, but I walked and walked and walked and that gave me brilliant lower body strength.

Hi Cerulean, Yes she said something along the lines of: on these calories, the products aren't enough to feed and repair your muscles when you rip them in the course of weight training and therefore they don't repair and can be damaged. She seemed to think that I should be ok to start again once i've moved up the steps a but to over a 1000 but that's a looong way away for me!

I'm quite dissapointed as i'm a regular pumper now and really notice the difference quickly with these classes (visually, not on the scale) but i guess i'll have to do things one at a time for now and stick to Zumba and CV work for the time being. My biggest problem is i have AWFUL flabby arms and really thought diet plus BP might sort them out before summers gone lol!

I'd rather have excess skin than being 5 stone over weight! Was 6 but I've lost a stone. :)

I think if you do light weights for toning rather than heavy strength building work you'll be fine. Just use the lighter weights?!

Aquarius - I do understand your CDC's caution and it's important not to push yourself too far, but I have put on muscle mass whilst on SS and my biceps have grown - so I'm living breathing proof that you can do it. And I am the original picked last at gym kind of girl...so I'm not scarily fit - I just like being active - if for no other reason than it stops you thinking about eating! But I've done Body Pump - admittedly not the 60 min (in the city gyms they tend to run 45 min classes) and I know LL people who have done BP classes and done well on it. Proceed with caution as always and do what feels right for you!

I wear sleeveless and short sleeved tops now as my arms look normal, obv not like madonna's but still very good. i think it also has alot to do with how old you are, how long you have carried the extra weight as I am only 35 i still have elasticity in my skin so that makes a difference too. My concern Cerulean, that whilst you have lost, this weight, that the only way you can do it is through taking food out of the occasion, I know this time you think you won't put the weight back on again, like last time, but you havent really dealt with the food yet, the losing the weight is the easy part, its the retraining yourself to eat differently for the rest of your life which is the tough part. Also dealing with the reasons you eat and why you put the weight on in the first place.

What I have found difficult is that when I was big I over compensated, I felt people didnt want to get to know me because I looked so bad, I was so big so I talked so much, to try and dazzle them with my personality. obv now I dont need to do that, they see me but I cant stop being so loud, and now I dont know how to change that, it makes losing 10 and half stone the easy part, how do you change yourself, how you converse with people, I had a bad experience yesterday, I had a date with a very goodlooking guy, the date ended early and as this was the fourth time it happened I was a little upset but before he left I asked him for feedback as to what it was that I was doing wrong. Turns out that I had already lost him from the first telephone call, that the way I chat was too intense and loud, that it really put him off. It was too late to turn back time to last week, and my chance with him was gone but I did sleep with him, even though I knew it was a one time thing, it was amazing, Ive never had sex being this light, my legs so limber wheras sex before when I was 15stone plus, and unfit was an uncomfortable experience, but knowing that he found me attractive and being naked which I have always been uncomfortable with was not a problem last night, it was safe sex btw :) even though I will never see this guy again, I know that there will be other goodlooking men who give me butterflies in the future, I just need to make sure that I don't lose them at 'hello'

well done cerulean really hope you manage to maintain once you hit your goal :)

Thank you for your concern. However, this is a post about loose skin, not whether you think I am going to keep the weight off or not or my food issues. I wasn't going to say anything but I think I should. This forum is for supporting people on CD. From previous comments and posts, you're doing well on your own programme, but it isn't CD and you don't seem to think CD as a programme is a good thing - and really on this forum we need the support of people who do. It works for me which is why I am here

Aquarius - I do understand your CDC's caution and it's important not to push yourself too far, but I have put on muscle mass whilst on SS and my biceps have grown - so I'm living breathing proof that you can do it. And I am the original picked last at gym kind of girl...so I'm not scarily fit - I just like being active - if for no other reason than it stops you thinking about eating! But I've done Body Pump - admittedly not the 60 min (in the city gyms they tend to run 45 min classes) and I know LL people who have done BP classes and done well on it. Proceed with caution as always and do what feels right for you!

Well that sounds positive if you've had no probs, i also tried to do a bit of research on here earlier and i read an article that said it can be good for you to do resistance training when on a LCD - i'm confused, so much conflicting info on the net though :confused:

I think i will see how i feel, maybe give it another week or so, so my body has definitely adjusted to the diet, then try a class and see how i feel, I don't usually ache from it anymore so if i have any drastic aching that might be a clue.

I have to say that I spent months on a healthy eating plan, and going to the gym and Zumba, and PT sessions, 5-6 times a week. I lost less inches and less weight than I have on the last 3 weeks of cambridge.

I am starting Cambridge diet on 25/07 and will attempt to add some exercise in too because as we all know things go wobbly anyway as we get older so think its wise to try and combat it a little. Good luck everyone you are all very inspirational to me.

Dawn
x

Back