Excess skin after CD ???

Midnight Aquarius said:
Hi Cerulean, Yes she said something along the lines of: on these calories, the products aren't enough to feed and repair your muscles when you rip them in the course of weight training and therefore they don't repair and can be damaged. She seemed to think that I should be ok to start again once i've moved up the steps a but to over a 1000 but that's a looong way away for me!

I'm quite dissapointed as i'm a regular pumper now and really notice the difference quickly with these classes (visually, not on the scale) but i guess i'll have to do things one at a time for now and stick to Zumba and CV work for the time being. My biggest problem is i have AWFUL flabby arms and really thought diet plus BP might sort them out before summers gone lol!

Just a little word about muscle repair on VLCDs, I tore my calf muscle running, back in January and because I was about to be sofa bound for weeks I restarted CD and my leg healed absolutely fine. My recovery took as long as the physio anticipated given the severity of the tear. And it is perfectly possible to build muscle mass on a VLCD Cerulean, Great Things, myself and probably others have done so. The trick is to listen to your body. I personally couldn't get through the day without exercising!!

It takes about 6 months for your skin to feel less loose and once you start increasing your glycogen stores it will appear less loose too. Good muscle tone under your skin makes it look firmer too.

I lost 12 stone on LL. I'm 56.Never had any children
I've got a few wobbly bits,mostly the bingo wings no terrible tummy or legs.
For me it's nowhere near bad enough to consider surgery.
Don't worry.:)

Some people are lucky, some people aren't where loose skin is concerned.
Cerulean you listed a link for me to have a look at, which i did and i responded accordingly. I was only commenting on the bit in your post where you say liquid diet is the only thing that works for you.... as getting the weight off is concerned??/ I was only concerned as I think that when you think this you will always know that should you not keep it off, you can just do liquid diet for six months again and gaining and losing weight over and over again is seriously not good for you but I'm sorry for the concern, you've done well. This is the first time i have ever lost weight like this so perhaps you know better than me.
I just get concerned with people saying that vlcd is a miracle diet cure, its incredibly hard and has side effects, loose skin/fat is one of them, many people who have lost substanial amounts of weight arent as lucky as some. I offered just another flip side, that I have lost 3 stone in three months, and that isn't even my first stone where glycengen is concerned, these are my middle three stones, I have 3 left to go, i wanted to say that you can lose weight through exercise and diet, I do exercise alot but because I make a priority to do so.
I know many more people who have lost 10stone plus, put it all back as to people who are lucky enough to be able to keep it off.... there is only a lucky few and most as councillors for the vlcd they have been on. anyway this is only my opinion and wasnt meant to offend people, I have been very clear that I did cd myself, and lost the first two stone for which i was greatful for.

I think everyone is aware that healthy diet and plenty of exercise makes you lose weight. The CD is designed in steps to train you to eat healthily at the other end. As someone who's done it before, you should know this. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss!

i only did it for 3 months
Also yes everyone knows diet and exercise works, I was only expressing that the results have been pretty good for me as regards loose skin and only offered and opinion, but loose skin/fat is a side effect of rapid weightloss plus little and no exercise so you lose weight this way you know you are risking this side effect and if your in full knowledge than fair enough.

I am not anti cd or vlcd in anyway
it is a very good diet tool so if it works for you and you are liking the results then great for you. If you think tho you will get surgery for excess skin on the nhs, they dont do it anymore only in severe cases, so you may find yourself less happier in your body after losing weight which then can lead you to overeat again and gain weight. anyway i will not post again on this subject and hope that I havent upset too many people by offering what i think as this is discussion after all and not everyone agrees about the same things

Thanks all for your replays :) I think my body is kind of weird Im about 3 and 1/2 stone over weight but my body is so muscleeeee especially on my thighs and bum ,, and iv always been felling big for some reason but now on the CD i feel that the muscles are breaking apart and Im becoming wobbly,,, for now I like it but Im afraid that it will get really wobbly at the end of the diet,,, But I will try to cope with it !!!

No you won't be, so long as you do some resistance work. I go through phases on this diet where I feel loose and wobbly, then things will suddenly tighten up again after a week or so. I'm muscly too and I'm doing resistance work to keep my muscles once the overlying flab has gone!!

Back