Excess skin??? Anyone finding this?

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
I am due to start Exante on Monday, and just wondered because of the fast rate of weight loss whether many of your are experiencing excess skin?

I'm worried about this too. It's just a waiting game though, i'm afraid. Some people have lost 6stone and not had any, some have lost 4st and have some. It's different for everyone, as genetics and other factors determine whether you'll get loose skin or not.

This worries me as well, I think it some of it depends on age, skin isn't as elastic the older we get... No hope for me if this is the case.. LOL :giggle::giggle:

i was really worried about this, i guess it just depends on age and elasticity

I'm starting to get a little bit now on my tummy - after 8 stone lost, but not too bad yet. I think the next 2 stone will be a different story though! I'm doing as much exercise & abs training as I can to try and minimise it /make the most of what I've got!

cybill said:
I'm starting to get a little bit now on my tummy - after 8 stone lost, but not too bad yet. I think the next 2 stone will be a different story though! I'm doing as much exercise & abs training as I can to try and minimise it /make the most of what I've got!

Well done that's an amazing loss, how long has it taken u to reach that? I am expecting to get some loose skin, but not overly keen on my big beer belly at the moment so anything will be an improvement!! I'd rather be healthier and a little saggy that continue to be overweight and put my health at risk I think. Plus mu tummy will have room to grow when I Start having children. Lol

Its a different thing for everyone i think.. age and the amount of time you have been overweight for do play a major part in it though.. I have some on my tummy but nothing too major.. I think that was caused from pregnancy though rather than just being Fat ... But if you do lose an awful lot of weight and ya meet the criteria then some GP's will refer you to brilliant NHS plastic surgeons if the skin is dreadful..

Think Cybill has done fantastic too xxxx

I worry about this too :(
Its a genetic lottery eh ?

Back