Excess skin weight?

fattothin

Gold Member
Just a thought as I'm nearly at my goal, I was just wondering is it possible that I'm closer than what I think?
As some of you know ive lost 6 stone on LT plus 8lb ish the week prior as I experimented with some LL left over from a friends stash.
My BMI states my healthy is between 8.5 stone:eek: and 11.5 stone. Realistically I was looking at 12 stone to finish. Problem is im 42 (a youthful looking 42 though:rolleyes:) and I reckon I could have an excess skin issue.
Could it be possible that the excess skin could weigh the difference between what I am now and 12 stone, so 2 stone of excess, or should I just plod on?
I am just worried that I take it too far as so many people are saying I look good now, but they would say that, wouldn't they?
Any suggestions or feedback would be great:)

mm thats an interesting thought Gary... would there be any way you could tone up the excess skin and see if that helps a bit???

how do yo feel yorself,,are you happy to carry on or do you think you have done enough,,my chemist told me this morn my ideal weight is 10 stone,,i have never been that or intend on being that 11 will sit me fine,,have you done toning exercises,,

how do yo feel yorself,,are you happy to carry on or do you think you have done enough,,my chemist told me this morn my ideal weight is 10 stone,,i have never been that or intend on being that 11 will sit me fine,,have you done toning exercises,,

Like others do:D
No I don't think ive done enough, personally I want to be 12 ish.
I do the rowing machine and walking for exercise.
The BMI, well I just use as a guide,a rough guide at that! I am quite stocky for my size so any where between 12 and 13 is my limit, im 5' 7" and a wee bit.
I sort of resigned to the fact a tuck could be needed at around 3 grandish.

i think you have lost a serious amount as it is fair play to you
ive started to think about the excess skin aswell but skipping (with a skipping rope) was recomended to me i have yet to try it but i think excess skin can go away 3 grand is a lot of money imagine if ye could get rid of it your self wot ye could spend the 3 grand on

yeah women, tucks better lol xx

I watched on of those tummy tuck ops on tv the other night and they removed 16lbs of excess skin. Mind you the lady was a lot bigger than you ever were Gary. Anyway a healthy weight of 8.5 stones ! Thats got to be wrong. My son weighs nearly 11 stone and he is like a bean pole. Maybe 8.5 stone if you are 2 foot 6 tall. lol. I would stop when it feels right for you, not for the BMI graph or what others tell you. Personally I think you look pretty good now Gary - I wouldn't go OTT. Julia x

Hi
I don't know if anyone watched Charlie Walducks weight loss on This Morning. He was 44 stone and a waist of 84inches. He lost 30 stone (waist 36inches) then had a tummy tuck. They removed 10lb of excess skin and it was a LOT of skin.
Don't know if that helps at all but if you want to lose more then go for it. I wouldn't expect your excess skin would weigh 2 stone but you never know!

I guess only a consultant could give you a clear idea of how much your excess would weigh, upon examination hunny :) xxxx
Maybe, charlie, no fred weighs more than you think now! ;) xxx

Garry its so hard to judge unless you're standing here in front of me.sI should be between 9.5 and 10.3 roughly,but I look my best at 12stone even though im 5ft 5ins I still look good at that weight/I would be seriously worried about any fella 8.5 st I mean even at the low end of the scale thats manorexic material.My ex is 5ft 10inchs and weights approx 13.5/14 stone and he is neither beefy or thin he is average.And i KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE PC AND SAY "OH garry, Its up to you" etc and it is but don't go to overboard Garry especially if you are starting to get loose skin. Just from my own experience with Doug a friend of mine who lost 8st. Now he lost it all with a radical excersise plan but at 14.5st we started to say ok Doug you look great etc but he carried on untill11st 10lbs and to be honest at 14 he looked **** hot and at 11 he looks like he has a sandbag of skin around his middle. I mean 20st to 14st is an amazing amount but from your photo you look like you are nearer than you think.Look this is my personal opinion nothin else.

Excess skin Garry?! :eek:

Stop showing off, Big Boy!:D;)

Yeah I think the doc is the answer, I will go see him/her in a months time I reckon.
And floppy belly what you like lol xx

Garry, I can't help myself!:D

I think you will know yourself what weight you feel comfortable at when you get nearer to it.

Your skin does plum back out a bit when you begin eating again as the glycogen stores refill, even if your weight stays the same.

Here is a link to interesting information about BMI calculations.

Body Mass Index calculator you'll like

You nagivate the site by clicking on the links within the page...

Like others do:D
No I don't think ive done enough, personally I want to be 12 ish.
I do the rowing machine and walking for exercise.
The BMI, well I just use as a guide,a rough guide at that! I am quite stocky for my size so any where between 12 and 13 is my limit, im 5' 7" and a wee bit.
I sort of resigned to the fact a tuck could be needed at around 3 grandish.
Gary, you keep going until you're happy...you have to live with you, and be happy with you xx x how was the LL did it work better?
Nic xxxx

Don't forget the BMI calculator is about 1000000 yrs old and is way out of date!!!

You know what i think babe xxxx

To look at me naked i reckon i look like i could lose another stone easily however i think its down to needing to tone up more! So yeah i think the excess skin is a factor! You look fab honey..please dont shout at me!!:D xx

Back