Excess skin

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by ktcooney, 2 February 2010 Social URL.

1. ktcooney

ktcooney Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Youve all done so wonderful... Im scared if i lose weight so fast im going to end up with lots of excess skin? has anyone had these problems?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dunlop73

dunlop73 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(35.09%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    LT
    I've got a bit to shift, and as I'm nearing refeed I'm starting to think about it. I'm sure it's not as bad as being morbidly obese (which I was) but it is bothering me a bit now. I certainly don't think it should put you off doing LT though - shifting the weight is much more important than a bit of loose skin (and compression vests are a fantastic invention....shhhh)

Jon
    xx

4. soon2Byummymummy!

soon2Byummymummy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Jon is right i wouldn't let the thought of loose skin afterwards stop you from giving LT a go.:)

5. scubalady

scubalady Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I think that loose skin is something that is on all of our minds when losing weight. But I totally agree with previous posts that getting your weight under control is far more important than the loose skin.

As Jon says, you can buy all sorts of undergarments that will remedy the problem but there is no underwear in the world that can protect you from diabetes, heart disease or any other of the weight related illnesses that you would be prone to if you didn't do something about it.

Also if you are fairly young the skin retains a lot more elasticity than the skin of somebody older. (I know because I'm in the latter category.) So try the diet and good luck. you will get plenty of support and encouragement on this forum. I know as I'm a newbie myself and reading everybodies tips and stories has helped me enormously.

So come on in. You've nothing to lose but your excess weight.

Best wishes. Pat.

6. Shangri-la

Shangri-la Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    exante - working solution
    im going to get a tummy tuck anyway when the weight has shifted but this is mainly because i have masses of loose skin on my tummy after four big babies!!

7. ktcooney

ktcooney Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thank you so much... Oh yes Jon... I'm already a fan of (as i call them) "sucky in knickers" haha!! Day one nearly over :) have 2 stop my self eating and picking without realising... nearly ate my daughters crusts today but stopped in nick of time!! So proud of you all for your achievements so far... we'll have 2 all meet up on a sunny beach one day to look amazing... good luck peeps! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.