Excess Skin ???

Amanda105

Silver Member
It's early days still for me, but wondered if anyone has suffered with excess skin on arms legs tummys etc... And if there is anything that can bs done to minimise this problem...

I'm sure I'm not alone with these worries... ??

Thanks

Hi Amanda105, I had spoken to my Doctor about this fear as I am pretty limited to what types of exercise I can do due to my Osteoarthritis and was told that if it is a problem after my weight-loss I should go back and see him then to take the next step in rectifying the extra loose baggage (skin).
Try speaking to your Gp and see what they suggest in the mean time and find out if they could help you in getting rid of possible excess skin once you lose and maintain your weight, as I was told by mine that the chances of it being available on nhs would only be possibly possible when they see the new healthy weight being maintained.

start 10/08/10 17.02st/ 238lbs
wk1 16/08/10 232lbs
wk2 22/08/10 226lbs
switched to semi refeed, went Pharm' for a cheeky mid wk weigh in and am 220lbs:D:wee:

Last edited:
At the moment I am going to the gym, not doing a lot (bad knees and back surgey) just cardio then i go in the sanarium for 15 mins then the sauna for 10 mins then I go in the aquatherapy pool and do probably half hour... I have also started using palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks.. My strtch marks are not red but I thought the elastine in it might help with the elasticity of my skin...

Just wondered really how other people were dealing with it

At the moment I am going to the gym, not doing a lot (bad knees and back surgey) just cardio then i go in the sanarium for 15 mins then the sauna for 10 mins then I go in the aquatherapy pool and do probably half hour... I have also started using palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks.. My strtch marks are not red but I thought the elastine in it might help with the elasticity of my skin...

Just wondered really how other people were dealing with it
Try using Bio Oil as it has nothing synthetic in it all and that stuff really does work. I've been using it on and off for over 12 to 13 years.

Amanda, don't worry too much about this. You have don't seem to have a huge amount of weight to lose at 45lbs so you should be fine.
It also depends too on your age as well. If you are young your skin will have better elasticity than old crones like me!!
The oils and creams help and toning up will help too.
I have lost a lot of weight but don't have too much of a problem with losse skin. Maybe a bit of a bingo wing thing going on but hey being a lot lighter is far better for my health than worrying about a bit of lose skin.
i remember posts some time ago about this and people were told that if they maintained their weightloss for a few months that they might then get a referral to a plastic surgeon in the NHS.

Amanda, don't worry too much about this. You have don't seem to have a huge amount of weight to lose at 45lbs so you should be fine.
It also depends too on your age as well. If you are young your skin will have better elasticity than old crones like me!!
The oils and creams help and toning up will help too.
I have lost a lot of weight but don't have too much of a problem with losse skin. Maybe a bit of a bingo wing thing going on but hey being a lot lighter is far better for my health than worrying about a bit of lose skin.
i remember posts some time ago about this and people were told that if they maintained their weightloss for a few months that they might then get a referral to a plastic surgeon in the NHS.
that's exactly what I was told by my Gp

I have a fab oil that helps. More expensive than bio oil but it also tones the skin and does lots more. Its not as greesy as bio oil either. Ill post the name of it in the morning. I find it very nice.

Back