excess skin!!!

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by babezone, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. babezone

babezone Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.62%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solution
    id be really intrested to hear about if any of you have got lots of excess skin from loosing the weight really quickly , ive had 2 babies so have a fair amont on my belly any way, but i do also have " bingo wings " lol and tree trunk legs that could all do with major toning up!. did any of you join a gym and it help with the skin issue or am i over thinking something that probably wont be so bad. Id love to join a gym but with a 1yr and 2yr old its pretty impossible at the moment. xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    I've lost 2 stone so far (was 3 but gained back 1 :( ). No problem with excess skin so far - except for the dreaded baby belly! Take care.

4. leedsforever

leedsforever Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(36.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / Low carb
    You know mine lol but thought would reply anyway ;-)
    Mine came off slower however I just have the belly and a bit on the arms! Xx

lost nearly 6 stone ... hoping to make it 7 :)

5. determinator

determinator Banned

hey, I have lost 7.5 stone so far and to be honest its not as bad as I was expecting :) I have a saggy belly but have 2 kids and 1 was c section so probably would have had it anyway . The only other place I have it is the insides of my thighs , which I should be able to tone up once I get to goal . I use palmers cocoa butter firming lotion which is fab :)

6. leanne 777

leanne 777 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(5.19%)
    Diet:
    slimming worl
    Iv got about 6st 6lb to lose an im just hopin when i do that i dont get really saggy skin.

7. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    I think then when it comes to skin, everyone is going to be different. I have read and heard many times though, that it will depend on how long the skin has been stretched for, and once the skin is loose, if it hasn't gone back after so long, then it just not going to, plus how much weight you have to loose in the beginning.

Things are never going to be as bad as what we think though :)

8. determinator

determinator Banned

and rememeber they say it can take up to 18 months after weigh loss for skin to improve , so you need to give it time to see how its going to be long term . A lot of it is genetic too

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Skin elasticity varies from person to person. Age is a factor, as is how badly the skin has been stretched before the weight was lost. When I lost my 140 pounds I was upset at my tum, arms and inner thighs. However after six months or so the inner thighs, tho still not as I would prefer, had shrunk back a lot! The tummy overhang, likewise, shrunk back tons. I know my body will never be what it was years back - before I piled on the weight - but that my skin did recover to that extent was very cheering.

Give it at least six months, preferably a year, before you judge your own body after massive weight loss. I've had two babies, so my tum was never gonna be concave! But the damage we did took years to build-up, and it won't vanish overnight.

10. Nasher and Basher

Nasher and Basher Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.2lb(1.76%)
    I read that the key to getting rid of excess fat, is to keep on losing weight and to build muscle. As under the sagging skin is fat, so if you get rid of that and increase the muscle underneath- it should firm up etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.