EXCUSE MY STUPIDITY BUT ...

nicolas

Silver Member
HI, im afraid the wholemeal bread im eating is wrong, i'm in ireland so i dont have any of the breads listed on website (as far as i kno)
so the bread i use for my hex b is made by brennan's is a whole meal loaf 800g
how is 2 slices of this different than out of a 400g loaf ? is the difference not only the amount of slices in the loaf ? or should i only use 1 slice as my hex b ?:rolleyes:

The size of the slices is the difference - those from 400g loaves are around half the size of the 800g ones. A HEB is only one slice from an 800g loaf or you are allowed 57g so you could just try weighing them

Hiya, a 400g loaf the bread is smaller, so yeah just one slice/57g wholemeal from an 800g loaf. As far as I'm aware as long as it's wholemeal it doesn't matter what make it is, do you not have 400g loaves over there?

it doesnt matter what make you have, if it is 400g loaf then you can have 2 slices as HEB or 1 slice of 800g loaf. I know people who cut off the crusts off a 800g loaf so they can have 2 slices as HEB.
It's whatever works best for you xxx

I go to Ireland every summer to visit OH's family. I don't have any trouble finding small wholemeal loaves and usually get the Weight Watchers wholemeal there too.
It's no problem though to have the 800g loaf but I'd rather have 2 smaller slices than 1 large slice.

I think there may be some confusion because some manufacturers have started to produce loaves with the large 800g size slices but fewer of them in the packet - and that is also called a 400g loaf.

But the ones SW talks about are the smaller scale loaves like Nimble or WW

ah ok thanks for all your replies
i work in a shop so what i should have said is we only sell 800g ! thats ok i'll buy the 400g next time im in super market, so the syns then on an 800g slice is different to what i counted too :(

Actually it's one slice from THICK sliced 800g loaves that is an HEB. Here's how I figured it.

Assuming you were synning the whole thing;
2 slices small loaf 400g bread = 6 syns
2 medium slices from 800g loaf = 8 syns
2 thick slices from 800g loaf = 10.5 syns

So for medium sliced bread from an 800g loaf, one and a half slices count as an HEB. I just use 2 slices and count it as 1 x HEB + 2 syns. Hope this makes sense :D

Honeyoc said:
Actually it's one slice from THICK sliced 800g loaves that is an HEB. Here's how I figured it.

So for medium sliced bread from an 800g loaf, one and a half slices count as an HEB. I just use 2 slices and count it as 1 x HEB + 2 syns. Hope this makes sense :D

Oh ya I get ya great thanks

You can have any wholewheat bread as long as your slices do not weigh over 57g in total.

My mum lives in southern Ireland and you can get plenty of light type whole wheat breads including weightwatchers.

Easiest thing is to weigh it
57g = 1 heb ( equal to 6 syns) so each 10g is equal to about 1 syn
Therefore if you have two rounds of bread that weighed 80g you would need to count 1 heb + 2 syns
Hope that makes sense

Thats what I do too Honey. One and a half medium slices from a normal 800g loaf, plus a half slice for the 2 syns.

nom nom nom nom!

Stepout said:
Easiest thing is to weigh it
57g = 1 heb ( equal to 6 syns) so each 10g is equal to about 1 syn
Therefore if you have two rounds of bread that weighed 80g you would need to count 1 heb + 2 syns
Hope that makes sense

Just a heads up, someone in my group suggested doing something similar, but all HEXs aren't necessarily 6syns! It may not affect your weightless but if it does it would be worth looking at x

Found the 400g wholemeal ;) had 2 slices in my French toast tis morn was fab ;)

Nicolas I was doing the same, I was eating the half pan brennans as it's 400g loaf and the slices are exactly the same as a full pan!! So either ww wholemeal bread, dunnes own make healthy range it's in a blue packet or nimble bread that I got from aldi! Made a difference to my losses when I switched!!

thanks a million chiefbridesmaid, :) ya found the brennans 400g loaf, supervalu accross rd from me so sure they have it, but we were only selling the 800g, so ive asked breadman to leave me in 400 g ;)

wow your losses are great you losing big every week which plan are you doing ?

Back