Exercise and CD? Your expertise please!!

Dolly2

Hello Everyone
I am new to CD and have completed my first week where i lost 7lbs and am halfway through my second week. I am so motivated by reading all your threads and looking at before and after piccies.
My goal is to lose 4 stone and to look as good as possible for my holiday to Australia in November. Now i know i will not yet be at goal for my holidays but am hopeful that i can wear a bikini and not look like a whale on the beach :D My start weight was 13.4 (I cannot get a ticker going yet :cry:).
So my query is this, do you exercise? My CDC has told me I can after 2 weeks start aerobic excercise, I am on SS. And have you found this speeds up the weight loss? Any advice would be greatly appreciated in my novice status.
Cheers
Dolly x

Welcome :)

Everyones different I guess...but when i done SS plus..i tried the treadmill for weeks on end..made no difference at all to my weight loss..in fact stalled it for a couple of weigh ins (work that one out!!) PLUS the major reason i gave it up was i felt SOOOOO hungry!!!!

Like I say though everyone is different :)

Toning is your best bet in my opinion or gentle walks etc

Good luck

As Mrsessex says toning and resistance training is best on a vlcd, cardio isn'y always ideal, but see how you feel and how your body reacts:D

Aerobic/Cardio Training can slow down weight loss, so it would be better not to start any until you move up to at least Step 3 of Cambridge.

Moderate Resistance/Weight Training won't affect weight loss either way, but it can help to retain muscle. It will have greater benefit when you are on Step 2 or above.

The skin can take months to catch up with such quick weight loss. Exercise obvously helps, but only so much.

Crunches and weights are your best option. :)

I tried exercising during week 2 but it made no difference to my weight loss so I stopped doing it. I think walking is more than enough exercise on SS+

Thanks

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, it makes sense really that the body would possibly slow weight loss due to going into shock and keeping every last calorie for itself. I am currently walking everyday and doing sit ups and think i shall keep it to toning for the foreseeable future!!
Dolly xx

I found that the days I go for long walks the scales sts next day, so I have not bothered ....

hi everyone, im a newbie so i thought i'd join the discussion. Im starting the cambridge plan on monday 12th September for the first ever time and i cant wait to get going :) I need to lose around 3 - 3 1/2 stones and i've been reading that if your on ss not to exercize. but i wondered if something like pilates would be acceptable as i really really need to tone up, especially my legs, any thoughts? :)

I didn't know cardio/aerobic exercises slowed down weightloss. This could explain why I've struggled the past few months, Is swimming ok?

Back