exercise and gym on slim and save

tanya12

so i just want people to clear this up for me as if u can :)

so im in ketosis and going gym which i really enjoy im only doing 40 min cardio and a few weights n occasional swimming after work but some people are saying it is dangerous or that my fat will just turn to muscle n my weight losses wont be that good i enjoy the gym but will stop if it means im going to be preventing the weight coming off as i need to lose this weight as soon as possible

any input would be appreciated x

Fat cannot turn into muscle - it's a physical impossibility.

Mind you - if you ended up weighing the same (muscle weighs 3x the amount of fat for the same volume) but were muscley then you would be smaller than you are now. Surely fitness/size is the most important thing?

As long as you feel well on it then don't worry. Sometimes your losses may seem lower because you may hold on to water for a while whilst your muscles repair themselves - but you will still have lost the fat. If you don't feel well doing that much exercise (and some people don't whilst on a VLCD) then that's a different matter.

I don't know about s&s but when I was on lipotrim the pharmacist told me to only do 3 x 20 min walks a day and to just stroll. She said I wouldnt have the energy for the gym but I don't know if she really knew what she was talking about and I think if you feel good then go for it as its the best way of keeping healthy after s&s . Oh and I agree fat cannot change to muscle but you can lose one and gain another. Even if the muscle is heavier it will give you a better shape which is what it is all about :)

I think give yourself a week or so to get used to it and just listen to your body!!!

I do LOADS of exercise and I'm fine....

: ) X

I do 6 x 12hours nursing shifts in a week on a VLCD, on my days off I go to Curves (when I can manage)

They key is to start slowly, hydrate well and make sure you STOP if you feel ill or unwell and wobbly.

thanks very much girlies for all your imput i am just gonna carry on doing the exercise as it makes me feel so much better in myself although i do admit when thinking of doing the gym or anything like that im like ahh will i wont i lol but as soon as im doing it im feeling great lol
thanks again xxx

Back