Step 1 Sole Source Exercise and toning up

Hello everyone

I've been on the Cambridge for three and half months an have lost 25 kilos.

I'l have started working out in the last two weeks doing stuff like the treadmill for up to 40 mins 5 to 6 times a week. I've also started doing some weights especially on arms as I have horrific bingo wings. They are so bad I'm considering surgery even though I can't afford it.

My Cambridge counsellor (who is useless) has told me to stop working out/doing weights as I gained muscle an that's affecting my weight.

I'm so confused.

Anyone experiencing anything similar or previously experienced this.

Appreciate it

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello everyone

I've been on the Cambridge for three and half months an have lost 25 kilos.

I'l have started working out in the last two weeks doing stuff like the treadmill for up to 40 mins 5 to 6 times a week. I've also started doing some weights especially on arms as I have horrific bingo wings. They are so bad I'm considering surgery even though I can't afford it.

My Cambridge counsellor (who is useless) has told me to stop working out/doing weights as I gained muscle an that's affecting my weight.

I'm so confused.

Anyone experiencing anything similar or previously experienced this.

Appreciate it

X

I'm not sure I agree with your counsellor but then I am no counsellor myself so I guess I have no grounds to give advice, but I will give an opinion. If I had a client looking to do exercise my focus would be on inches not weight as it is completely obvious that muscle weighs more than fat so your weight loss will be impacted.

My counsellor recommended light toning whatever that is ................just wish i had the energy to do it. :-/ i could fly away with my bingo wings at the minute x

My counsellor recommended light toning whatever that is ................just wish i had the energy to do it. :-/ i could fly away with my bingo wings at the minute x

Ohhh michelle-lou, I know how you feel the sight of them just makes me cringe. I can't believe I've got myself into this state :(

Same ere hun im so embarassed! :( the main thing is we are now trying to do something about it. Theres a dvd called the 30day shread which is supposed to be hard but the results are amazing x

Following the Cambridge diet there is no way you are gaining muscle. I totally disagree with your consultant. It's simple science, to gain muscle you have to be in a calorie surpluss, in a calorie defecit, you cannot gain muscle.
What can happen is that sore muscles can retain water when they are healing, which can mask weight (fat) loss on the scales.

If you want to tighten up and tone you need to be doing weights, kettlebells, body weight work outs etc. Take measurements as I have lost three inches on my waist before while doing weight lifting but not lost a single oz on the scales.

I agree with Blueboxgeek! Weight lifting causes water retention! However, I prefer to have a tight toned body at the end of my journey as opposed to fretting what about the scale says!

Good luck everyone! Xx

Back