Exercise anyone?

my3cherubs

Anyone planning on starting an exercise regime too or are we all watching the fat disappear the easy way lol.
I've thought about it .......

i exercise.. but as im on a VLCD its hard to get the enegry but i make sure that everyday i do light exercises like squats, weights, lunges, bicept curls etc and on my day off i will run on the threadmill for 30mins

i just prefer it as i liek to be toned and also its good to have a regime

I'm going to start doing weight lifting. I also walk to uni (weather dependant) which takes about 45 mins. I am bad at this though because I take the bus back as it's all up hill that way.

On the S&S weight loss challenge it encourages you to do exercise
http://www.dietsupportsite.com/challenge/exercise-points.pdf

Never tried them but heard very good things. Have a look in the fitness section as I know they had a good thread on two on them.

Kettle bells are good but might be a bit much for early days of dieting. Me - planning some weights to get some tone back.....

For January, I'm aiming to do at least 30 mins of either the treadmill or brisk walking. I started five days back and fingers-crossed that I'll keep this up.

Will re-assess at the end of the month because I get bored with the same thing...except dancing, but there isn't much on offer here :sigh:

Hi there....just a thought have you tried a dance style DVDs? There are some fun ones out there...

What do people think of the Wii Fit? I've never used one but they look like fun. Can you do something fun on your own with them? Most of the things I've seen have been 2 people playing a game on it.

I like Wii Fit. The Wii sports that comes with it is good. There is loads of games you can play by yourself.

I find it ok....means you need to hog the tv....lol

Yeah, the hogging the TV bit might not go down too well with the OH!

I tend to just do balance classes - mind you, I'm working out on an ankle injury too

xx

Hi there....just a thought have you tried a dance style DVDs? There are some fun ones out there...

Yeah, I got a hip hop one but I kindda like the idea of being with a group when it comes to dance whereas I'm fine walking, swimming or on the treadmill alone.
I'd love to try Zumba:D

I'm pulling 12 hours nursing shifts so getting in my walking and upper body exercise on those!

Once my weights down a wee bit to the 14 stone bracket I'll start running again 3 x a week.

You could get the zumba dvd. Or wii game if you have one of those.

I'm on the outskirts of Muscat and there are no classes around here as far as I know.

Maybe you could start a new trend ;)

Back