exercise ball anyone??

athens

hello all!
I would like to inform you on my latest discovery! I bought a fitness ball at a bargain price some months ago, and I really didn't know what to do with it. So I went ahead and ordered a relevant DVD from Amazon (from the 10 minute solution series) and I gave it a go!!!!
It is so so so much fun to have this huge ball to play with, and all the exercises spotted the right places. You wouldn't believe how much this ball changes the original crunch... it becomes a real challenge! I then felt that I have really worked my body in a great way! Anybody that has experience with the ball and recommendations? I will keep using it for sure!!! And the workout is over before you know it!! I am so glad i found the ball!!!

i have one too, love it!

i used to go to stability ball classes at the gym but since buying my own i can do it whenever i want too and what i want!
i like doing press ups on it (feet on the ball)
crunches on it too, i keep my feet on the wall for them and just lie on the ball.

fallen off it loads, my balance isnt good hehe

When I was weight training I did most of my exercises off a swiss/exercise ball. You really have to focus and often the hardest thing is getting it to stay still....often id be chasing the darn thing round the weights room while holding a barbell trying to trap it in a corner.

Great also as you can sit on in front of the tv and exercise.

Ok here are some terrific exercises for swiss ball

Chest
Push up off ball. If too much then Push up off knees (knees on floor, hands on ball)
Flyes or press (use dumbell, kettlebell or filled bottles of water - lie on ball shoudlers level and either press up from chest or with arms out straight to the side raise to above chest)

Shoulders

Scapular retraction (hands on ball as if doing a press up but, push only with scapula/shoulder blades - its a short range movement)
DEltoid raise or row

Back

Hyperextensions
Bridge
Leg extention - alternating leg

Legs

Squat to wall (ball between your back and wall)
Calf raise
Ball squeeze (legs either side of ball and squeeze)
REverse bridge

Abs

Side crunch
JAck-knife
Table top
T- fall off (lie on ball shoulder level, arms out to the side legs at 90degrees - you are a t shape - and roll to one side then the other)

Other bits

tricep extension - ball again wall, forearm resting on ball and push away

I dont have dvds or programmes but try some of these

hello all!
I would like to inform you on my latest discovery! I bought a fitness ball at a bargain price some months ago, and I really didn't know what to do with it. So I went ahead and ordered a relevant DVD from Amazon (from the 10 minute solution series) and I gave it a go!!!!
It is so so so much fun to have this huge ball to play with, and all the exercises spotted the right places. You wouldn't believe how much this ball changes the original crunch... it becomes a real challenge! I then felt that I have really worked my body in a great way! Anybody that has experience with the ball and recommendations? I will keep using it for sure!!! And the workout is over before you know it!! I am so glad i found the ball!!!

I've just started exercising with a ball, it's great fun and exercises really get more challenging because you also have to try to balance on it! My balance is crap! I only now realized lol..
Probably the best exercising tool I've tried! :) and you can do it at home.

Back