Exercise but dizzy

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chele80, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ok so I want to get back into exercise but am a little scared to as when I bend down I go lightheaded, if I run up the stairs I go lighthead etc. Dare I do any exercise or should I wait a little longer.

I've also got a Powerplate trial booked tomorrow and am wondering whether to leave it another stone longer or not

Thoughts?
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

People often get dizzy when they first go back to/start an exercise programme so it may not be CD.

It's rarely anything of a medical nature/serious and this link explains different causes Do you get dizzy during exercise? | GB Personal Training.

Vibroplate isn't cardiovascular so shouldn't have the same effect. When doing exercise just start of gently for a 5-10 minute warm up and then increase intensity to a comfortable level after that (a guide is that at maximum exertion you should be feel warm and breathless but not so breathless that you wouldn't be able to hold a conversation if someone was beside you talking to you).

If it persists might then be worth a quick check up with your GP to check your BP etc.

Hope that helps?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.