Exercise Challenge Thread.

I don't mind Nexangelus. You could give some advice in regards to weight training as I want to start some light training and advance it as I lose the weight.

Had a 45 minute aqua aerobics class today and I can feel it in my thighs and tummy. Am meeting up with a personal trainer so that I can get some routine on in regards to light weight training. I want a full body muscle program but am aiming on doing some extra work on my abs, biceps, triceps, trapezius and deltoids.

Bijoux, your personal tainer should be able to guide you on that one, go for it! I have been seeing one, once per week since April 2008 and the changes in my body are phenomenal. I see him now once a month to check in and test my fitness and strength levels as well as have a good session.

When doing my own weight training out of his sessions (his are way better as you use your whole body, rather than isolate muscles and you use proper every day movements) I tend to find programmes on the internet, just google what you are aiming for and you will find loads of info out there.

I am using kettle bells and cables, boxercise routines as well as barbell and dumbell circuits (free weights) with the personal trainer. I can lift heavy now legs and arms and abs wise...it takes time...the cardio you do with a PT helps with fat loss and cv fitness of course...tell him/her your aims and they should be able to tailor a programme to suit you and help you to get to your goal(s).

Back