Exercise Classes while SS'ing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sasperilla, 20 January 2009 Social URL.

1. sasperilla

sasperilla Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi guys,

I've been on SS for about 11 weeks now (with the occasional cheat :eek: ) and i would like to start a body pump class. Body pump is the one where you use the bar bells to tone and shape your body whilst burning loads of calories. So i am wondering if this would be safe to do on SS or if would need to go onto SS + in order to get some protein into me.

I'd rather not come off SS but i don't want to pass out mid class or do damage to myself.

Anyone have any idea if doing this while SS'ing is safe?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. georgie12345

georgie12345 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I'm in my 2nd week of SS+ and I go to the gym about 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure if you're supposed to but don't over exert myself too much. I'm not sure about a body pump class might be a bit too strenuous (think that's how you spell it). I'd have a word with my CDC after all they're bound to have exercised at some point through their journey.

4. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Have you done Pump before?

You can do it, but I'd suggest starting out with the lowest possible weight on the bar for the whole class. If you're planning to do it regularly you might want to do SS+ or 810 on the days you're doing Pump for a bit of extra protein. Drink plenty of water and take a bar with you so that if you feel dodgy at all you can stop and eat.

Make sure you don't do weights on the same muscle group on consecutive days (so if you're already doing weights in the gym, you'll want to drop them if you're doing Pump the same day or next day) and keep a close eye on how you feel.

5. Ribenaberry

Ribenaberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

I do aerobics twice a week and spinning once a week and have been fine. If ever I have a moment where I feel a bit lightheaded I just calm it down a bit. I think you will be fine!

6. (Land of) Maz

(Land of) Maz Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Shake That Weight
    Let us know how you get on?!

7. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(15.58%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    I was very active in the gym, weights and cardio wise I even ran and walked everywhere...it can only help tone and improve fitness levels...the extra calories burnt will show as extra weight loss!

8. miss piggy

miss piggy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (was on CD)
    Whenever i do strenuous exercise - jogging or netball....i time it so i have my shake or bar about half an hour before i exercise. I haven't felt any weakness or side affects. Enjoy it! I used to love Pump but have now banned myself from gym memberships because i never go enough or get really motivated for a month then don't go for 3!!! bad girl ;)

9. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    As long as you listen to your body then you'll be OK. I did body pump on monday and it was only day 2 of a restart.

Like Kate said, best to keep your weights lower than usual. When I'm doing SS I tend to use (on each side) 1.25kg for warm up and arms, 2.5 kg for squats, 2.25kg for back track and nothing for lunges

Enjoy

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.