exercise dvd's

No but i have looked at them on Amazon at great length!

I've had 2 new ones come today, a Tae-Bo one and The Firm 500 calorie workout...can't wait to try them.

I would consider the 10 minute solutions ones when i'm at goal and hopefully won't need to exercise quite so much as i do right now.

chocolate_bananas said:
No but i have looked at them on Amazon at great length!

I've had 2 new ones come today, a Tae-Bo one and The Firm 500 calorie workout...can't wait to try them.

I would consider the 10 minute solutions ones when i'm at goal and hopefully won't need to exercise quite so much as i do right now.

I was looking at the 500 calorie one, would love to know how you get on :)

I have the one for Abs, reviews are meant to be good, but not actually used it yet.

I was looking at the 500 calorie one, would love to know how you get on :)

I'm doing it Friday evening, i will keep you posted!

Did the Tae Bo earlier and it was good fun, only 27 minutes too which is good as i try to do half an hour 5 days, but an hour the other 2 days which will be perfect for the 500 calorie one.

Jeez, I don't know how you guys can do exercise DVD's! I found a old Cathe Friedrich video of my mums in the loft and whipped it on the TV to see what it was all about. After 3 minutes of swinging my arms about, shaking my legs in all directions and to top it off some impromptu head banging, I ended up having to switch it off before I gave myself an unfortunate sporting injury. I applaud you for having such nimble bodies to undertake such energetic living room activities :D

Energetic living room activities - love it! If only it were true for me... I sit on my sofa for so often that it has a large bum-shaped dent in it! :-D

Haha! I once wired my TV up to a dynamo, so I need to cycle on a bike to give the TV energy to play.

It's a bit like I would cycle for 30 minutes, and that gives the TV enough power to run for 20 minutes. It was at the start of my dieting when I needed the motivation to exercise instead of watching TV. This way I would actually need to exercise to get the TV to work!

happyhealthy said:
Haha! I once wired my TV up to a dynamo, so I need to cycle on a bike to give the TV energy to play.

It's a bit like I would cycle for 30 minutes, and that gives the TV enough power to run for 20 minutes. It was at the start of my dieting when I needed the motivation to exercise instead of watching TV. This way I would actually need to exercise to get the TV to work!

If only I could find something that works the same way for books! I'd be sorted!

I guess wiring the tv to a bike would certainly get me to exercise. I do like like to watch tv whilst I exercise. :)

I struggled to motivate myself when I first started exercising. I remember one occasion when I had signed up to a challenge doing so 25 full sit ups a day and on this particular day I really couldn't be bothered. It was a Friday night and I just wanted to sit on the sofa with a glass of wine. So to motivate myself I put the wine on the table next to me whilst I started the sit ups. I was not allowed to touch it until I had done all 25. This didn't quite go to plan, as I then started having a sip each time I sat up, so by the time the sit ups were complete, my glass was empty!!! Ooops!! I could probably have convinced myself to do another 50 that way, lol

Wiring my ass to the Bike is probably the only way you'll get me exercising 7 days a week lol. There's possibly nothing I hate more than working up a sweat. It's disgraceful of me really but I'd actually rather have a jelly belly. :) my sole motivation for exercise is eating more good!!!! I'm sooooo never gonna be a twiglet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I guess wiring the tv to a bike would certainly get me to exercise. I do like like to watch tv whilst I exercise. :)

I struggled to motivate myself when I first started exercising. I remember one occasion when I had signed up to a challenge doing so 25 full sit ups a day and on this particular day I really couldn't be bothered. It was a Friday night and I just wanted to sit on the sofa with a glass of wine. So to motivate myself I put the wine on the table next to me whilst I started the sit ups. I was not allowed to touch it until I had done all 25. This didn't quite go to plan, as I then started having a sip each time I sat up, so by the time the sit ups were complete, my glass was empty!!! Ooops!! I could probably have convinced myself to do another 50 that way, lol

Wine is possibly the most fantastic motivation. Good thinking! :clap:

Haha this thread reminds me of 'the old days'. My mum used to have a Mr Motivator (remember him?) VHS that I used to do every lunchtime in the school hols. To be fair I think it really helped but looking back I must have looked like a right twonk!

Haha Mr Motivator!! :D

I have gymmed it in the past and much much prefer to do dvd's at home. I am co-ordinated and don't fall over (apart from the once but my shoe lace had come undone hahaha). There's such a great variety out there too, i'm never bored.

The only thing i miss about the gym is running, i'm not brave enough to do it outside!

You should def. try running outside. I find it much more rewarding. After a while I've realised that noone cares really. And the ones that do notice you or either stupid snobs or just jealous as they don't have the motivation to do anything with their lives.

Honestly, don't worry about it. I started C25K a couple of months back and had to walk past people in the walking interval parts and I just got used to it.

I should also say that I'm one of the most self-conscious people you'll ever meet!

I run with one earbud in so I can listen to something interesting while I'm running, so on the very rare occasion that someone bothers me I can put in the other earbud and pretend not to notice! It has only happened once in a year of on/off running so it's not that common. The biggest problem from other people is cars; people wandering in funny directions; people blocking the pavement in big groups; and other joggers making me jealous by going faster than me! :cool:

Although, it is not safe to run with both earbuds in as you can't hear cars so easily :eek:...

I live out in the country so sadly the roads are too narrow/prone to speeders for me to run about the streets without the risk of being squatted by a passing car. So gym times it is for me :(

And Mr. Motivator was awesome! He totally worked that green lycra haha!

I live out in the country so sadly the roads are too narrow/prone to speeders for me to run about the streets without the risk of being squatted by a passing car.

I know what you mean - I went on holiday to rural Yorkshire in February intending to keep running, and I quickly realised I'd be squished by a tractor or 4x4, which made me reconsider my intentions.

That, and the snow...

Back