Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Exercise on CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ashat, 9 August 2009 Social URL.

1. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all, I hope you dont mind me posting. I have been reading this forum ever since I started Cd but registered only today.

So I started Cd 13 weeks ago. However I have only in these past 4 days thought about excercise. So I have been completing an excercise dvd (30min) each day and plan to walk to work and back (3miles each way). However I have just finished todays 30min and feel rather ill and shaky. I have had 2 of my 3 shakes and 3litres of water up untill I excercised.

So is there a limit as to what you can do on Cd? Should I excercise before shakes or after? Do you need a 'rest' day? Am I doing too much?

Thanks for any answers or comments, off for a shower before my weigh in :bliss:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a cross trainer but I only do 15 minutes at a time or I get a little light headed. I've found that I can do it twice in a day but I have to leave a couple of hours between each session or I feel pretty dodgy. Perhaps you can break your exercise video up into 2 parts?

4. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've done excercise before and felt light-headed, but then the next time I've been fine. I do think you need to a bit careful due to the amount of calories we are having.......but your body will tell you what you can and what you can't.

I would maybe try the walk in another couple of days and then see how you feel, or do some shorter walks to start off with.....Hope this helps! x

5. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the replys Kelly and Claire.

I have thought about seperating my workouts Kelly but its a set workout for 30min. I just think I over did it today because Saturday and Friday I was fine. I spoke to my CDC tonight and she said do what I can and if needs be have an extra shake if I feel ill/lightheaded.

Thanks for you comments Claire. I used to do the walk before but obviously I was eating unhealthy stuff then. I think I will take it one day at and time and as you said work up to the walk both ways.

Thanks for some great comments :lilkiss:

6. Losing it for good

Losing it for good Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.65%)
    Diet:
    VLC- Exante
    Try doing the DVD in the mornings (if you have time)! I go for a 20min jog as soon as I wake up and have yet to suffer from any lightheadedness or the shakes. I think this is when you have the most energy!!

7. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I got light headed today at the gym, but I was giving it everything and was with my PT who was really pushing me! I had also done a yoga dvd this morning. I drink plenty of water and rest when I need to.... try not to push it too hard. btw I exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes

8. richman14

richman14 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(33.1%)
    i do 40 mins about 3 times a week jsut run

when i do the excersise id have a extra shake

9. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for all our replys.

Losing it for good, I never thought about doing it just in the morning. I did it once in the morning and come to think of it had no side effects :D

amm451, Thanks. I dont want to go mad but I want to do somthing more active anyways. I feel horrid now if I dont do something as a form of excercise everyday. Do we need a rest day or anything though?

richman14, Hello Rich, thanks for your comment. So far i ahve only needed one extra shake and that when I did a one hour workout. I have a fair few here anyways so I can easily have an extra if needed.

Thankyou all again for your comments :D

10. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just thought I would update you all and say ~ excercise doesnt help you lose at all :( This week I have stayed the same even though I am burning about 300 more cal a day! However this could be due to me gaining muscle, and I will do more so than a 'normal' woman due to a medical condition that means I have more testosterone in my body.

So I have been told to slow it down untill I am at least a few stone lighter. So planning on just two workouts a week and walking maybe a little more as its not as active. So yes this is a day when I wish I was 'normal' :rolleyes:

11. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I personally don't have a rest day but for me variety is key, I do loads of different stuff, so long as I do a minimum of 30 minutes I am happy!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.