~*Exercise Thread*~

I REALLY need to get my fat butt in gear and get exercising to move some of this podge, Specially now that I`ve upped my cals!

I thought it might be motivating to share any exercise that we do - No matter how little, It all helps ;)

So today, I have done -

10 mins brisk walk in the morning taking my little one to school.
100 mins with my "fat belt" - 80 mins then another 20 mins - This is the equivalent of about 600 abdominal crunches :eek:
About an hour of housework :rolleyes:
60 mins on my wobble machine - 30 mins earlier & 30 mins after xtrainer
Another 10 min brisk walk to collect my moomin from school
10 mins on the cross trainer on the "Fat Burning" level :wave_cry:

I think this will do me for now :p x

1 hour walk of the dog
2 hours 'playing' ( boxing, bowling, footie, table tennis etc lol) on the Kinect with OH and kids

Well done. @LiSe -- What's a fat belt? @Debby -- We have a Wii and my DD loves it when we play with her. I am planning to make her a regular part of my exercise plan. I wish she was old enough to go to the gym with me. But, we can "do" things together like the Wii, bike rides, ice skating, etc. and, we can probably drag DH along -- DS may or may not participate (he works out daily but is anti social).

MM

Last edited:
Morning all!

Yesterday i walked with the pram for 2 hours

Then in te evening I shredded followed by an extra 5 minute ab work out, then a jillian michaels ab work out.

Later today taking the baby for another walk, and then same shred ab routine!

Xx

I've been so good with the exercise all week andthen yesterday? Nothing. I'm so pee'd off with myself! I even missed Jillian.

Well today will be different.

I am about to 'the shred' and then onto Day 1/Week 5 of the couch-to-5k programme. I think it's 3x 5 min run with 3x 3 min walk in between.

We may also go geocaching with our son today so that should involve a bit of a walk.

I will let you know how I get on!

Good luck to you all with your exercise today.

K x

p.s. what are a 'wobble machine' and a 'fat belt'?

Thanks for that SS! If it works for you then go for it!

i like actually working up a sweat, but maybe I'm a fool that way!

So far today i have completed Day 6 of the shred. I have to say Level 1 is getting a bit easier. 4 days until level 2!

Off for a walk on the beach with my boys now so that'ss count as some exercise I'm sure.

See you later x

Evening All -- Been out power shopping. Took DD and her BFF and a friend of mine to a "new" mall not too far away -- check the pedometer after our shopping trip... and we'd walked three miles! LOL

As I joined Diva's walking challenge (on the exercise forum) that is 3 down and 17 to go (it is "Walk 20 miles in a Week"). And, my DD's doggie still needs a walkie -- so, I'll try to add a bit to today's total doing that!

MM

So , in the end my exercise for the day was:

30 Day Shred workout
Walk on the beach (about an hour?)
C25k run (15 mins jogging and 16 mins walking)

Not too bad today! I've burned 2,700 calories as well!!! Yeay!

Hope you all had good days x

Minrog -- That's fantastic -- you have probably lost a pound today alone!

MM

I've completed day 8 of the shred and I'm really enjoying it. I'll let you know if I'm still enjoying it when I've done level 2 on Tuesday..lol. Well done Ladies - great job!!

3 mile dog walk with DD and DH -- with no rain!

Evening All -- Been out power shopping. Took DD and her BFF and a friend of mine to a "new" mall not too far away -- check the pedometer after our shopping trip... and we'd walked three miles! LOL

As I joined Diva's walking challenge (on the exercise forum) that is 3 down and 17 to go (it is "Walk 20 miles in a Week"). And, my DD's doggie still needs a walkie -- so, I'll try to add a bit to today's total doing that!

MM

Ooh that sounds good! I might try get a pedometer. I`m curious to see how any steps I take a day/week!

Hope you had fun on your shopping trip x

So , in the end my exercise for the day was:

30 Day Shred workout
Walk on the beach (about an hour?)
C25k run (15 mins jogging and 16 mins walking)

Not too bad today! I've burned 2,700 calories as well!!! Yeay!

Hope you all had good days x

Brilliant stuff!! Well done :D

I downloaded couch to 5k but then broke my iPhone before I could try it :rolleyes: Might see if my hubbie will put it on his and let me borrow it to start it next week if the weather improves - Sorry, But I`m not running in the rain :p lol

I've completed day 8 of the shred and I'm really enjoying it. I'll let you know if I'm still enjoying it when I've done level 2 on Tuesday..lol. Well done Ladies - great job!!

Good luck with level 2 ;)

I`d like to do the shred thing but I think it involves push ups and weights etc doesn`t it? I can`t put any pressure on my wrist, So would`t be able to do any of those things :(

~~~~~~

I have been lazy yesterday and today as it`s TOTM and I just CBA :rolleyes::sigh:

I`m sat on my wobble machine as I`m typing though ;) And might try get on the Wii Fit to do some bits later tonight if it isn`t too late by the time everyone else goes to bed!

So how's everyone doing? I should point out that my calorie burn the other day included my metabolic burn as well - I didn't do 2,700 cals worth of exercise!!!

Today I have:

Completed Day 7 of the dreaded Shred
Walked a fair bit
Run 3k
Completed my hour long yoga class (and walked home - about 1.5 miles!!!)

I'm quite pleased with myself. Today's burn is: 2886 (and I've eaten 851) so hopefully I'll shift some weight this week!

Awesome fitness activities, Minirog.

2 mile dog walk with DD and DH (4 miles walked total).

Aquafit class (different instructor -- very tough)

MinnieMel

i do 60-90 minutes walking on my treadmil twice a day
(when i home as i work away) i also go mountain biking
about twice a week from 10k to 30k
i walk my dog everyday around the local woods, one lap
of the woods is 1 1/4 k so thats 5k a day.
and as often as poss we have an early night and that counts as
exercise too. lol

few questions....what is 'shred' ?????
who is Jillian???

@SS... do those ab belts work??? i've seen thm on late night
extended adverts but just passed them off as a gimmic.
do they flatten your tummy????

Wow Dee, that is amazing! Go you! I reckon you'll be at your target in no time with all that exercise.

I so wish I could ride a bike properly. I just can't cycle up hills!!! I can cycle up hills on the exercise bike, I can run up hills when out jogging, but I cannot cycle up them! It's daft!

Anyway, all that exercise makes you an inspiration so thank you .

seriously, about two years ago i couldnt do anything. even acouple of k biking on flat ground would kill me, my partner and myself would go out and i'd be huffin and puffin and moaning and 'i hate biking' every
5 mintues but omg it gets easier and easier, now i love biking, in good weather we go on all day biking, cycle all morning to a little nature reserve / cafe and have a light lunch and a little walk and then
cycle home. like start time 9am be home for 5pm...
AND I LOVE IT. the next day or two i have to say i'm alittle sore
but its totally worth it.
i do my exercise biking in all weathers, actually when its raining
its alot nicer, you get to be dirty and muddy and the cold rain
helps me cool down.

I dont have my treadmil that long, maybe 6-8 months
i cant remember but to motivate myself to use it
i only allow myself to watch my favourite programs while
i'm walking on it, the time flies by.!

good luck everyone.

oh and i couldnt run a minute even if my life depended on it.!:rolleyes:

Back