Exercise?

Hi all,
I'm one week in, and having lost weight before, I want to make sure that I don't suffer from any gastly loose skin. I tried a powerwalk lastnight but i have felt really tired and a bit light-headed today. Do you think that i because of the exercise?
Is light-moderate exercise recommended? I just don't want to end up with saggy skin again! :sigh: But don't want to put myself in any danger.

What's your advice? :wave_cry:

Hi!

I have just completed week one with a loss of 8 lb. i went to the gym on day four and a light jog saturday about a mile and a half. in the gym i jogged about 2k and felt tired but drank a few cups of water and i walked uphill on the treadmill for 1k. water really helped. i took water with me on sat and kept sipping..felt great. water is the key. be well hydrated before exercise and during.

i think in this diet we should definately do exercise as we must get used to what we will have to do when we come off it. Nothing to excessive but it will build musscle and will tone us up.

Incorporate it as part of the diet. We are changing the way we think about food so why not change the way we think about exercise during the transformation.

Just a thought!!

hiya
2 schools of thought generally. the LT school say not worth excercising - save your energy and allow the diet to do its thing unless you are already a regular at it... NO excercise for at least the first 2 weeks tho to alow your body to adjust - otherwise u will feel dizzy/tired or ill.. read posts on here about people passing out when excercising so you must be really careful and remain well hydrated at all times...

Some dieters have the same views as you and say that its best to keep active... I would say rather than running do something gentle lke swimming, cycling rather than go at it all guns blazing.. see how you go and take it from there. I read somewhere about this diet affecting muscle mass (may have been here, cant remember) and the weight and muscle loss come in at a ratio of 75%fat vs 25% muscle.. but when slim you can regain the muscle and train properly...

Personally I am doing aquafit n swimming a few times a week and thats it. I didnt do it before but could have done.. i just wouldnt be seen in a cossie!!! it did make me very tired and still does afterwards but I make sure I drink loads afterwards and dont do too much. If I swim too hard or too long I get giddy so have to be very careful
xx

Hi,

I agree.. light exercise! I would always have done alot of jogging before this diet anything up to 5k 3 or 4 times a week, but could never loose weight because i love my food so i will continue to exercise but nothing too excessive. i think the first person wanting to prevent sagging should definatley do some toning exercises and light light cardio work.

Thanks for the advice, I have done a bit more since my last post and felt absolutely fine at the time, I have however felt a bit more tired today so I think I may reduce it and just stick to the toning exercises, which I'm hoping will still help.

I'm the same, I go to the gym on the days that I have enough days. There are some days that I am exhausted.

dudley said:
I'm the same, I go to the gym on the days that I have enough days. There are some days that I am exhausted.

Exactly... And I have learnt to listen to my body... Finally , otherwise the knock on effect is not good and you end up running out of steam to do the normal things ... X

you dont really need to do cardio as you are burning fat through ketosis but toning exercise will help with saggy skin , i lost over 5 stone last time and didnt suffer with baggy skin at all , i did sit up and light weight to tone up and after a good few weeks of letting my body get used to lipotrim i started walking too xx

I think that's why I'm having a good day / bad day. yesterday for example I was fu of energy and did loads. spent today lying on the sofa, no energy. it was the same last week. it makes sense to conserve energy til your body gets used to it.

i do a few brisk walks every day with my wee doggies good way of tiring us all out good ideal when u feel ur waveringx

Back