exercise!

nettie

Gold Member
hi all...
last night I did 50 half press ups and about 20 minutes between arm exercises with weights and I got one of those twisty board things... do you know what I mean?
Anyway... today my arms are sooo achy I could hardly move this morning.
Came home from work and my OH has bought an xbox kinect! just been playing on it with the kids and im shattered! so much better than the wii and hes getting me the zumba game cant wait!

I have the zumba game for the Wii and love it! I use it 3-4 times per week and really enjoy it!

last night I found the biggest loser game for the xbox kinect too and now I don't know which one to get. We are going to get a few games this weekend. We got my daughter the animal one but it's not as good as it looks on tv. There is alot of reading to do and she is only 4 so cant read!

I suppose that there is something to be said of Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony developing the Wii (shouldn't have changed the name on that one, revolution was better), the kinnect and the move. Got gamers moving, and involving non-gamers in on the fun.

But I was playing bowling on the kinnect round a friends house, and I had just bowled a perfect game (300 just incase you didn't know), now my league average is 180 so that it a marked improvement, probably slightly unrealistic. It's odd how whenever I have suggested lets go bowling, they would all say no, but happy to do it in the comfort of a home.

Yes they are great things, the exercise games look to be fantastic if you are busy and can't get to the gym. But I still think they are missing the point. I would still rather go bowling, pick up the golf clubs and play rather than sticking in tiger woods.

I am now not sure if I had a point or if I am just rambling!

I suppose that there is something to be said of Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony developing the Wii (shouldn't have changed the name on that one, revolution was better), the kinnect and the move. Got gamers moving, and involving non-gamers in on the fun.

But I was playing bowling on the kinnect round a friends house, and I had just bowled a perfect game (300 just incase you didn't know), now my league average is 180 so that it a marked improvement, probably slightly unrealistic. It's odd how whenever I have suggested lets go bowling, they would all say no, but happy to do it in the comfort of a home.

Yes they are great things, the exercise games look to be fantastic if you are busy and can't get to the gym. But I still think they are missing the point. I would still rather go bowling, pick up the golf clubs and play rather than sticking in tiger woods.

I am now not sure if I had a point or if I am just rambling!

I understand where you are coming from. We also have a wii which the kids now use at my dads, hes 65 and loves the wii and even plays on it when the kids arent there... we caught him one day when we drove past! lol
I think the kinect is so much better as you actually have to move as it uses your whole body where as its easy to cheat on the wii... for example on running games you can just sit down and shake the remote about! ;)
I'd love to go to the gym but I feel embarrassed... why is the gym always full of skinny people!? :rolleyes:

the gym really isn't full of skinny people :) i go exercising with a group on a playing field right next to a main road, i go jogging right next to a main road, right next to a camp full of soldiers lol, and everyone just goes about their daily business. its really not that scary once you start doing it. i can't afford the gym but the great outdoors is just as good too :)

the gym really isn't full of skinny people :) i go exercising with a group on a playing field right next to a main road, i go jogging right next to a main road, right next to a camp full of soldiers lol, and everyone just goes about their daily business. its really not that scary once you start doing it. i can't afford the gym but the great outdoors is just as good too :)

i went to a gym near work a couple of times and they have a womens only part of the gym which was fab but you have to walk through all the men to get to it and I felt so humiliated! It was like the big fat walk of shame! its ideal as its only £2 everytime you go which is great as I cant commit. My OH has his own business and he sometimes get calls for work later in the day so I have to get the children from school. Just been on the kinect again for a while and I'm shattered!

ohhhh my hubby got kinect for us and he got me zumba - it is fantastic!!!!! doing it about 4 times a week, works up a real sweat but doesnt feel like exercise!

Cant wait to do it tomorrow, will be a while before i get off beginners though

good luck
xxx

Pudgy Panda said:
ohhhh my hubby got kinect for us and he got me zumba - it is fantastic!!!!! doing it about 4 times a week, works up a real sweat but doesnt feel like exercise!

Cant wait to do it tomorrow, will be a while before i get off beginners though

good luck
xxx

I had it for a grand total of.... 4 days lol! Could NOT get the hang of it at all & just got all frustrated. I use yourshape instead.

I have kinect too - it's great
Zumba and yourshape are really good

Might look into the biggest loser game :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just bought the wii and wii fit yesterday and have to say I love it have only done 30 mins as only got it last night but hoping it will give me the boost i need x

Don't feel embarrassed by the gym. They really are not full of just skinny people and I can guarentee you no one is looking at you when you're in the gym, they're all far to focused on what they are doing, trying to catch their breath etc. The blokes definitely aren't looking because they are too busy checking their form in the boy mirrors! (That's mean't to be a jokey stereotype there, not trying to offend the boys I promise!).

Honestly I was nervous the first time I went. But once you've been a few times you realise that everyone is there for the same reason regardless of how big/small/skinny etc they are, we all want to get fit and healthy and most places are full of people that have a mutual respect for all members of the gym. That's how my place feels anyway. Have you thought about exercise classes? These are much less intimidating and great fun. Step aerobics is my favourite and the range of people that attend is amazing, it's good for all levels of fitness so no one is left out.

I'm jealous of you having a kinect, I keep trying to convince my other half to trade in his PS3 so we can get one but he's not having any of it! Might just have to steal it off him one day! Lol!

OMG you're so brave! I'd just die of shame :eek: I do classes at my gym and have only just got into running on the treadmill without feeling like a complete idiot - maybe one day I'll be brave enough to run outside without being paranoid everyone is staring and judging :sigh:

For me, the Wii means I can do stuff when my OH is away and I've got my DD in bed. Doesn't feel like I'm doing much tho (on Wii Fit Plus) - any recs for other games??

trinity_bleu said:
For me, the Wii means I can do stuff when my OH is away and I've got my DD in bed. Doesn't feel like I'm doing much tho (on Wii Fit Plus) - any recs for other games??

I find the Wii fit does not get me sweating at all as I used to go to the gym a bit. So although I weigh a lot I'm quite fit if you know what I mean. Anyway I got Zumba on the Wii last week and found that it feels more like a workout and it gets your heart pimping and it's fun too .

I've heard that the biggest loser is one of the best games on the wii and the xbox.
We have just got carnival games and my arms are really aching! I will get rid of these bingo wings!

Back