exercise

operationslim31

Hi on monday I started using the treadmill albeit not for very long managed 12 mins monday and tuesday and 13 (thats 2 miles and 146 cals burnt apparently!) this morning what my question is my sister in law seems to think unless I do half an hour every day it wont effect my weightloss also I wanted to tone legs and she said it wont tone my legs ? Confused x

operationslim31 said:
Hi on monday I started using the treadmill albeit not for very long managed 12 mins monday and tuesday and 13 (thats 2 miles and 146 cals burnt apparently!) this morning what my question is my sister in law seems to think unless I do half an hour every day it wont effect my weightloss also I wanted to tone legs and she said it wont tone my legs ? Confused x

I lost weight this week without any working out i dont believe u have to workout on this diet to loose weight as the ketosis is already eating your stored fat.

I used to do 15mins in the morning and then at night and it toned my legs up great make sure u doing it at a good speed once u feel your legs burning then you know its working x

Oh and becareful as the fat may turn to muscle as this could slow your weightloss down and u will loose inches instead of fat-according to my personal trainer

Last edited:
operationslim31 said:
So you think I might not lose as much. I was just thinking the exercise might boost things for a bit. :-( oh well never mind.

Keep excersing but dont over do it as u will gain muscle .. Once you get down to your own weight then workout as much as u want to tone up hun x

I think doing some exercise along the way is definitely helpful to stop your skin gettin too saggy, also you might gain muscle alright but the more muscle is on your body the more fat you burn too!

doing ten minutes a day is better than doing nothing health-wise. i always find as soon as i start walking my legs look better, i get definition between my bum and my leg rather than it all just merging into one, and my hips seem to seperate from my ribs revealing a waist! i went for a 5 mile walk last night and was 2lb lighter today so it must be doing some good. also, if its an excersize you enjoy its great to get into good habits now, then once you're off TFR it will help keep the weight off. i say go for it, you can always build up from 10mins a day to 30mins over a period of tme. good on ya for getting on the treadmill x

I think the treadmill should be fine and not build too much muscle as its a cardio workout and doesnt involve weights

summerbody said:
I think the treadmill should be fine and not build too much muscle as its a cardio workout and doesnt involve weights

Summerbody u gain muscle in your legs from walking and running my legs are hard as rock from walking 45mins each evening good for celluite ; )

Kellybelly123 said:
Summerbody u gain muscle in your legs from walking and running my legs are hard as rock from walking 45mins each evening good for celluite ; )
Ofcourse this wont affect your weightloss.

As for the comment for gaining muscle i was only speaking from experience and frm my trainer but i was doing a hour each day of spinning and running x

remember in the lipotrim dvd were it tells you that a 1lb of body fat is equivalent to 3500 calories?
that basicaly means that if u do 13 mins on your treadmill a day and burn 145 calories each time, (3500/145=24) it will take you 24 days to burn 1LB of fat through exercise, thats on top of what u would usually loose. if u can manage to burn 500 calories extra per day through excersise then u will loose 1LB a week more than if u didnt bother!! just think of your goal and how quick u want to get there xxx

Thanks guys for your help I am gonna keep up with the tread mill am hoping to increase it daily, I have another 5 to 6 stone to lose so need to just keep running:-D thanks again. X

Blimey! 2 miles in 13 mins is very impressive, well done you! It will help in weight loss and toning. I trained for a half marathon a couple of years ago and was the slimmest in my adult life (post babies)
What your sister is probably thinking about is that you need to exercise for over 30/40 mins regularly (4/5 times a week) to increase your metabolic rate ie rate you burn calories whilst at rest.
The best way to increase stamina is to walk 2 mins/ run 3 mins, repeat etc. you should do this every 2nd or 3rd run. Runs in between should be one long (ish) slowish one and one fast quick one, as you practice all the types of run increase in length. Keep it up and you will soon improve your metabolism.

patchesmum said:
Blimey! 2 miles in 13 mins is very impressive, well done you! It will help in weight loss and toning. I trained for a half marathon a couple of years ago and was the slimmest in my adult life (post babies)
What your sister is probably thinking about is that you need to exercise for over 30/40 mins regularly (4/5 times a week) to increase your metabolic rate ie rate you burn calories whilst at rest.
The best way to increase stamina is to walk 2 mins/ run 3 mins, repeat etc. you should do this every 2nd or 3rd run. Runs in between should be one long (ish) slowish one and one fast quick one, as you practice all the types of run increase in length. Keep it up and you will soon improve your metabolism.

Ah now that makes sense to be honest I didnt think she knew what she was on about (she doesnt exercise or diet ) shows how you judge a book by its cover.:-D" I read that last night somewhere on here about running fast then slow so wil try it. I am aiming right now to do it 5 days a week and have weeks off but I walk the dog for an hour each day at week ends(my weekend task) my next step is to learn to swim !!!

operationslim31 said:
Ah now that makes sense to be honest I didnt think she knew what she was on about (she doesnt exercise or diet ) shows how you judge a book by its cover.:-D" I read that last night somewhere on here about running fast then slow so wil try it. I am aiming right now to do it 5 days a week and have weeks off but I walk the dog for an hour each day at week ends(my weekend task) my next step is to learn to swim !!!

Thats interval training running really fast then slow really good for loosing weight but im not that fit lol

You might be better alternating the nights you run with the nights you walk, I think I remember reading somewhere that you are best
Building up your running by resting from it on alternate days but can't remember why! Maybe
I just convinced myself that's what you do!

Back