Exercise

Size8Rehab

How has everyone got on with going gym or is light exercise only the way to go?
I'm back on the bandwagon after a horrific time which lead to comfort eating and I'm now on week one! Start 11st6! (I got down to 9st in sept but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!)
But OH wants get back gym he was doing light exercise with me at home whilst I was going through all my insecurities of how my body changed. Now it's time to bite the bullet and work my ass back into shape!!
You guys on this site totally inspire me thank you!! I feel like havin a chocolate or drink as can't see light at end if tunnel to get my old bod back. But read how you're all cracking on with it. Hope everyone stays 100% x

Personally I've not done any exercise as I feel too lightheaded. I think it will depend on how you're feeling, but for me getting the weight off was the most important part, and I'll be starting exercise after I fully refed which is very soon :) Good luck! x x x

I also wonder this, I feel like I need to do some exercise...infact I want to do some exercise.

Is there a max we should do or should we do light exercise?

i'd def keep to minimal exercise, i had started exercising (boxercise) on the 9th week of my lipotrim last time and i passed out. We are on very little calories as is, without burning more. I think my priority is getting the weight off, then i'll use exercise to maintain it.

Well it's off to gym on Monday as Boyf is throwing a wobbler bout it. I agree with all who posted minimal as I'm in taking so few cals but I do want to tone up as I go along not just be a smaller version of before. I'm struggling tonight hence being up at daft o'clock reading old mags for inspirational clothes and trying to distract. I'm more hurt than anything. I told my oh nicely about this diet and yet he insists he knows best saying there's nothing in a drifter bar - no babe I can't have it no food at all just the shakes.
But look at the ingredients if dont believe me there's nothing in it.
Now I'm ready for flipping out earlier as one) I've just explained all this I don't know how many times. 2) u really trying to tell me a drifter time out bar has nothing in it ohhhh come on!!!!!! 3) I asked him be supportive and tonight took the mick ordering take away kebab sausage for my dogs!!! Is he seriously trying me including feeding them in front of me stood in way of tv!! But best bit he asked me to hold the stuff including garlic bread on way home!!!! Then didn't tidy up! And gone to bed at my house when I said could you give me a hand with putting the washing on radiators - ohhh but I been grafting all day and up at half six. Biting my lip I calmly said it will take five mins if both do it. He said I've nothing on my feet so wouldn't come into kitchen! Yet that was forgotten about when stuffing his face with garlic bread kebab and drifter bars earlier??!!
Anyway he didn't help n made me to feel I'm out of order n even said I was moody because of the diet I ran out if shakes today n couldn't get to pharmacy so it was extra important he supported md today. I've told him no buying chips it's not fair on me please be supportive?! But he's just doing what he wants n I'm seriously thinking ending relationship.
Anyone else had dramas with their other half or is it just me having a stubborn selfish insert whatever I'm beyond caring I'm that upset!!
So hence I've come here try feel better n I'm sorry for my rant!! But I've not made his bloody butties for work tomorrow n won't be doing!!!!!

Oh my god, this made me really sad.

If he doesn't want to support you there is no need to be deliberately cruel to you. I have never heard of anything as mean as buying food for the dogs and feeding them in front of you.

All I can think is your lip must be bitten away, your patience is amazing.

My wife doesn't like this diet, but she does support my right to do it.

I wouldn't waste a second longer on somebody who treated me like that and I certainly wouldn't let him have the benefits when you're finished...the new thin you.

You've already made a decision to make a happier you, maybe you need to make another of those decisions too.

OMG that's terrible! He needs to respect that you have your own ideas and needs and you are your own person. He doesn't realise that too much exercise could make you ill. Stick to your guns, and do what is best for you luv x x x

Size8rehab, your post left me speechless. I would never normally comment on anyones relationship, as each to their own but i can't help myself now....that's not a relationship, that's a dictatorship where he tells you what to eat (drifter) and when to exercise! can he not go to the gym on his own? if you have your heart set on doing something your o/h is meant to support you, they can share their opinions but still support you while doing so. He's not doing that for you, he's openly mocking you!

On another note, i haven't done any exercise but a few time at work i've gone on walks, nothing like power walking but still a good pace and felt great while doing it but within 2- 3 hours i was exhausted, literally arrive home from work and went straight to bed, it was like i'd used all my energy reserve for the day and had nothing left, i was worn out.... won't be volunteering for walks at work anymore, it's happend a least 3 times

I dont know how you kept calm! Not eating makes you feel bad enough without someone else making you feel bad Aswell. Your not the selfish one here - He is! , maybe he's worried you will lose weight and realize what a idiot he's being and get rid of him.
I know it's not for me to comment but it sounds like you deserve better x

Oh so sorry to read this, my OH says I'm moody and Keeps telling me to eat .
It's not my diet that makes me upset its him but I can't walk away as we are married and have a son together so I bite my lip too. Although saying that he's not trying to false feed me or eats in front of me.
I don't exercise apart from walking the dog as I too get dizzy occasionally x

No please do comment as I'm going out my mind. Things are no better and I broke it with a drink after not being able handle situation. But I'm with heavy heart but determined redo this I'm more annoyed ive got to go back through ketosis. And I've snapped back saying I don't want discuss the diet anymore it's happening for at least 8-10weeks. And said I'd try gym three times a week but just to tone as shouldn't be doing anything hardcore I can after.
He must've felt bad as treated me to new clothes but I daren't try them on they will be tight until couple weeks!! He said I don't want tears if they don't fit. Right I will just become robotic?!
He's done same again tonight chippy feeding my dogs large sausage each infront of me. It all needs stop I tried actually talk about eating healthier he laughs and says he needs eat chips etc hes losing weight n almost nastily looked at me saying I weigh 12at I didn't reply I do weigh 11 at min but wasn't sure what he was trying to pull with that statement but looked smug/cruel.
He's a lot older than me and new job new stress and guess very stubborn. But I'm starting to shout scream back when can't bite lip anymore. Or I'm sad and in a state of woe is me depression and don't see point in talking as dont want argument. Can anyone say if this night get better or worse?
thank you and I'm sticking to this now and hope you guys comment more keep me going as I'm just sick of looking in the mirror and wanting to cry.
Completelyfedup should be my new name!! Or as cherry coke says thingsneedtochange
Xx

I'm really sorry your other half isn't supporting you. When I first started this diet my boyfriend didn't like it. I think like most men they hate change and he became suspicious as to 'why all of a sudden', I think naturally he went into state of panic and must of thought I was doing it to impress somebody but after a few days when he seen how serious I was he began to realise it was just for me because I want to be healthy and happy. (Even though I had the 'your gorgeous the way you are speech') he's now completely fine and supportive. He has never been unsupportive and what you are going through to me seems to cruel I just want to give you a big hug. As others have said, he may not support you but we all do. Do this for you and for your health.. Over doing it at the gym may make you weak/make you cave just do what you want to do.. From looking at your weight and how much you want to loose I bet it will be done and over with before you even notice so there's plenty of time for the gym afterwards. Good luck hun & if your not happy tell him to take his fast food and his bottom elsewhere you deserve better!! X x x

I can totally relate to what you are saying Size8rehab - I too feel I've not had the right level of support from my other half :-( I've lost nearly 5 stone in 14 weeks, and he's barely mentioned it!!!
Stay strong, we are all here, supporting you x

That's excellent doodles! Maybe he's a little jealous that your losing all this weight and looking so good. Men are paranoid than they let on x

I normally work from home, my partner works for the same company as I do, but he works from the office in Cambridge. Last week, I went into the office for the first time this year for a meeting. Everyone I bumped into made lovely comments about my weight loss. I went into my partner's office at lunch time and told him I'd had lovely compliments all morning....his response "Good for you"......:cry:

:( he's the one person you really want the comments from too. I'd get something similar or right well we can start on the toning a gym now and delve into some success story of his own.
They want to be the better person I want be an equal in relationship. I'm seeing how things go in next week n I'm choosing me and my needs and do it alone if it detriments my efforts. What would be nice is encouragement and maybe asking how can I help/make it easier. I get excuses that lead to massive argument. Well I can't make you a brew - well actually you can let me show you .. Looks on chiming in yes make it into a paste etc but never made a brew for himself around me since speaks volumes! Also I drink fizzy water all of sudden he wants drink fizzy water now n my supplies are diminishing so other night we went superstore n he did buy a batch but then gave me lecture about him swapping days off because it makes him more money yet we had things planned. When I explained ok but would've been nice be asked not just put money first he said well couldn't do shopping trips like this otherwise!!! Plaster for every sore feels like permenant gettin into ketosis headache!! But I'm not breaking this and will update my re-do week 1 weight loss ASAP and hopefully it'll be good!!
It's heartwarming yet bit upsetting that ppl on here I don't know are so much more supportive I don't know what id do!
Thank you x

Size8Rehab - this is truly awful for you, I'm so sorry to hear all of this :cry:
It sounds to me like he's very threatening by the control and success you are showing....perhaps this highlights his weaknesses and he's having some kind of strong reaction to it. Change can be very unsettling for some people, especially if they did not ask for it, and ultimately, have little/no control over it.
You are doing great not breaking TFR with all this going on, feel proud of that, and don't lose sight of why you started this.
This forum is a life saver for sure - I would not have got this far without the fantastic people on here.
Like others have said, we support you, we believe in you, sending you a big virtual hug x

Back