Exercise

Laura3030

Evening all!

I have been sole sourcing for a week now and feel back to my old self after the initial tiredness. I have been reading this forum about exercising and being on SS and I have read some mixed messages. Has anybody else exercised and been on plan and did this impact weight loss in any way (positive or negative)?

Thanks!

Evening all!

I have been sole sourcing for a week now and feel back to my old self after the initial tiredness. I have been reading this forum about exercising and being on SS and I have read some mixed messages. Has anybody else exercised and been on plan and did this impact weight loss in any way (positive or negative)?

Thanks!

My consultant always encouraged me not to exercise cause of the water retention you get from it, and I didnt want to see any gain at all on the scales. Ive been going to gym and fitness classes since moving onto higher steps, personally my weight loss slowed with the exercise but my body shape changed quickly. So if your going to exercise id say taking your measurements is key. However that being said some people find exercise helps with their weight loss. Trial and error I suppose, just seeing what works for you. Im at goal now so I like the exercise for building up calories for meals out and toning up :)

And also remember on SS your only having around 450kcal a day... we were never designed to work out on that little calories. How much do you have to lose?

Hi.

For about the first 8 weeks of the diet I didn't excercise and didn't want to was scared I would collapse or something.

However I have a lot to lose and started to see bits of saggy skin so I decided that I would start excercising as I didn't want to end up on embarrassing bodies needing an operation to cut all the excess off.

So I got a personal trainer. Which meant that I could target my problem areas. My pt knows im in this diet so doesn't work me too hard as she knows I'm on few calories.

It doesn't effect my weightloss either way but I need to tone up my skin and that's purely the reason I do it. I was also starting to feel like I needed to do something anyway as I don't want to be slim and unfit.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs

Thanks for the replies both. I think I might wait until I move up the steps, or possibly try yoga or something gentle to help with toning in the meantime. I don't want to risk reducing weight loss at this early stage.

Thanks for the replies both. I think I might wait until I move up the steps, or possibly try yoga or something gentle to help with toning in the meantime. I don't want to risk reducing weight loss at this early stage.

I was the same refused to see any weight gain on the scales even if I did know I was from exercise. When I first started working out I could see the water retention in my legs. I appreciate I was probably the only one who could see it and it soon went again but I have been so disheartened if that had happened on SS.

Back